PDA

View Full Version : Evidently it was Horn fans who flew the banner

85Sooner
12/4/2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/120408kvue_plane_banner-cb.2ead7f29.html

From KVUE news in Austin Texas

A plane flying a banner over the University of Texas Thursday caused quite a stir.

The plane's message said: "Hey Mack, quit whining. U knew the rules."

That's in reference to complaints about the BCS rankings that put Texas behind Oklahoma, a team Texas beat in the regular season.

"It was kind of outrageous," Taylor Jackson, student, said. "Some of us got really upset. One of the guys said he was going to go to the airport and try to catch them when they came off the plane, but I told him that probably wasn't a good idea."

Pilot Don Arsenault of Aerial Advertisers flew the plane over UT and downtown Austin for about two hours. He wouldn't say who hired him, but says he thinks they are UT fans.

"I don't ever pull anything that's counter UT," Arsenault says. "I'm a total fan."

Ted DeReeder, president of Long Island-based National Sky Ads, says he brokered the deal that sent the plane flying over UT.

He says the people who hired him are UT fans, but says they specifically asked him not to identify them publicly. He says the entire flight cost about $2,200.
The flight Thursday was similar to one flown over the Oklahoma-OU game Saturday in Stillwater. That banner said, "Texas 45 OU 35 Settled on a Neutral Field." That's in reference to the score when Texas beat OU at the Cotton Bowl

85sooners
12/4/2008, 08:15 PM
:gary:

oubose
12/4/2008, 08:17 PM
Lifes a ***** Mack, that was priceless! Money well spent!

colinreturn
12/4/2008, 08:22 PM
pictures?

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 08:26 PM
You Just On the Spot today aint ya ?;)
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126186&page=4

85Sooner
12/4/2008, 08:41 PM
SHHHHHHHH I am undercover this week in longhorn land

Jacie
12/4/2008, 08:58 PM
An hornfans poster swears that his insider info insists the money to pay for the plane came from Oklahoma.

This would seem to counter that argument and I can only wonder what their reaction to it will be when they read that one of their own was the party responsible for the flyover.

OUHOMER
12/4/2008, 09:09 PM
An hornfans poster swears that his insider info insists the money to pay for the plane came from Oklahoma.

This would seem to counter that argument and I can only wonder what their reaction to it will be when they read that one of their own was the party responsible for the flyover.

They will not believe it. No matter who says otherwise. They will say a horn fan would never do such a thing.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 09:17 PM
SHHHHHHHH I am undercover this week in longhorn land

But Whos Covers Ya Under ? :hot:

OUinFLA
12/4/2008, 09:42 PM
They will not believe it. No matter who says otherwise. They will say a horn fan would never do such a thing.

So, in a head to head banner competition, which banner was better?

Oh, wait, if they paid for both banners, then they won the banner battle.

SoonerStormchaser
12/4/2008, 09:43 PM
Wow...pathetic.

Hot Rod
12/4/2008, 09:46 PM

and from a Longhorn fan? I know there's sum of 'dem here!

OUHOMER
12/4/2008, 09:48 PM
So, in a head to head banner competition, which banner was better?

Oh, wait, if they paid for both banners, then they won the banner battle.

It's pure genius, They win the banner war but only take credit for one banner.

aurorasooner
12/4/2008, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
An hornfans poster swears that his insider info insists the money to pay for the plane came from Oklahoma. If it was them, they'll just pay-off the pilot and the booking agency with another couple of thousand dollars to say it was us or it'll be swept under the carpet and disappear. In any event, it's just lame to fly these type of banners over a football game politicking for BCS points. Whether it was Texas, OU, or Tech fans, give the *&%%%*)( $2200 bucks to a good charity so some less fortunate kids can have a good Christmas.

Chrisrokc
12/4/2008, 10:16 PM
Hahahahhaa, UT is imploding in on it self over this. HAHAHAHA

SoonerLB
12/4/2008, 10:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/BANNERTHANKS.jpg

noobalicious
12/4/2008, 10:31 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mobits
12/5/2008, 12:36 AM
Found this on www.39-33.com (http://www.39-33.com):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/dzavala/Texas_flyover.jpg

SCOUT
12/5/2008, 12:49 AM
When I first read this story I thought:
It was OU fans = Lame
It was TT fans = Funny
It is UT fans = Beyond sad and yet still very funny

It just keeps getting better.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/5/2008, 05:19 AM

This would seem to counter that argument and I can only wonder what their reaction to it will be when they read that one of their own was the party responsible for the flyover.Has the "Stop whining, Mack" banner been featured/covered on ESPN?

AlbqSooner
12/5/2008, 07:15 AM
Has the "Stop whining, Mack" banner been featured/covered on ESPN?

I'm guessing you posted this before you had enough coffee to think rationally.;)

mfosterftw
12/5/2008, 07:33 AM
Comparing the KVUE piece on the pilot:
Pilot Don Arsenault of Aerial Advertisers flew the plane over UT and downtown Austin for about two hours. He wouldn't say who hired him, but says he thinks they are UT fans.

To the Statemen this morning quoting the broker:

For his part, Arsenault declined to identify the buyers and said the flight had been arranged through another firm, National Sky Ads in Long Island, N.Y. The owner of that company, Ted de Reeder, said, "It was a rebuttal."

De Reeder said that the buyers wanted to remain anonymous but that they were from Texas. "A couple of them used to be Oklahoma boys," de Reeder added.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/12/05//1205banners.html

Uhh huh... methinks someone freaked when the accusations finally came back around to Austin.

oupride
12/5/2008, 09:33 AM
What are the chances the "Stop Whining" plane will be shown during the Big 12 Champ?

Squigglyline
12/5/2008, 10:17 AM
It wouldn't shock me to see another banner over the OU/Mizzou game this weekend... They just can't give it up. I was in Detroit yesterday and someone sitting next to me at the airport was complaining about UT getting bumped... I didn't even bother engaging him....

badger
12/5/2008, 10:29 AM
What can ya say... there are a LOT of ut alumni, they like spending money on non-championship football and they have a lot of money to spend.

birddog
12/5/2008, 11:34 AM
this is the kind of stuff we'll look back on 20 years from now and say to our kids/grandkids,"yessir, computers used to decide the champion back then. crazy times."

stoopified
12/5/2008, 12:29 PM
this is the kind of stuff we'll look back on 20 years from now and say to our kids/grandkids,"yessir, computers used to decide the champion back then. crazy times."Yeah and thank goodnes those days are over and we play Texas- style football where EVERYONE is a champion.