PDA

View Full Version : OU Football

SoonerObsession
12/4/2008, 06:28 PM
What a fun year! We may have had better teams in the past, but I can't remember any year that I loved watching the Sooners more than this year. It's amazing that when OU has to punt the ball, everyone is wondering "what the heck?" My only fear is that we are getting so spoiled, we are going to be very hard to please in the future. Remember going from Jason White to Rhett Bomar? Dang! I realize our O line was playing Ole' a lot, but he did not have the accuracy that we have so accustomed to. It's difficult for me to think that this might be the last two games with Sam and the other great players that will be moving on. I'm so lucky to be a Sooner fan. I've been born and raised to be a Sooner fan, and I can't imagine what the fun I would have missed if I had not been brain-washed at an early age. Thank you dad for showing me the way. I miss ya and I know you are still watching the Sooner Magic from up above.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2008, 06:42 PM
Spoiled and hard to please in the future ? Haven't you followed the threads after games like KSU where we gave up lots of yards and points, but still had the game won by half-time ? You would have thought we got stomped. We are way spoiled now, but yes it will get worse when 50pts is not longer guaranteed. I've thoroughly enjoyed this year myself. :)

JLEW1818
12/4/2008, 06:48 PM
I hate waiting from the big 12 championship to OUr bowl game. 2nd worst time of the year

oubose
12/4/2008, 07:00 PM
The time between BIG12 championship and OUr NC Game is like pulling f*cking teeth! What a fantastic year we had and still some yet to go, if I wasn't at the game I was about 2 feet from my TV this year! Man I love the SOONERS!!!

85sooners
12/4/2008, 07:19 PM
boooooooooooooooomer!!!!!!

Sooner1979
12/4/2008, 07:21 PM
What a fun year! We may have had better teams in the past, but I can't remember any year that I loved watching the Sooners more than this year. It's amazing that when OU has to punt the ball, everyone is wondering "what the heck?" My only fear is that we are getting so spoiled, we are going to be very hard to please in the future. Remember going from Jason White to Rhett Bomar? Dang! I realize our O line was playing Ole' a lot, but he did not have the accuracy that we have so accustomed to. It's difficult for me to think that this might be the last two games with Sam and the other great players that will be moving on. I'm so lucky to be a Sooner fan. I've been born and raised to be a Sooner fan, and I can't imagine what the fun I would have missed if I had not been brain-washed at an early age. Thank you dad for showing me the way. I miss ya and I know you are still watching the Sooner Magic from up above.

We may have had better Defenses in the past, but as for OUr Offense, it is second to none since I have been watching the Sooners play ball...This Offense is incredible...I couldn't imagine a team with a more explosive offense...See OU/Tech, See OU/OsU, See OU/aTm, and etc...You have got the point...In fact, we have been able to score most of the points per game in one half of football...In fact, by the 4th qtr, OU ranks 11th in the Big XII in scoring...Just imagine what our point totals would be if we would have put the hammer down for 4 straight qtrs every single game...We probably would have hit the Century Mark more than a few times this year...

Here is my challenge to Stoops and Company for the remainder of our games...Put the pedal down after the first kickoff and don't let up until after the game has ended...

We may not have the best defense, or maybe we have a really awesome defense that has had more adversity because of injuries this year than any other and not to mention our youth...In the Big XII game last year against Misery, only 2 of the current 11 defensive players are starters this year...That is a very scary stat for our potential on defense for the next couple of years at least...So maybe we lose a majority of our offense next year, but we will be returning to a defensive team that will knock some heads into dust...

Oh and by the way, I believe whole heartedly that Sam will return next year for his own personal reasons...If not, I wish him the absolute very best in the NFL if that is in fact his goal...

BOOMER SOONER and Tuck Fexas...Those whiney little dirt burglars...

OU - 63
Misery - 17

OU - 55
SEC Champ - 27