PDA

View Full Version : I don't really know what to think of Tramel kissing Mack Brown's Butt

aurorasooner
12/4/2008, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking it's either aggie Berry really complaining about Gundy not getting any recognition, but that argument is too homer to be taken seriously by anyone outside of Stoolwater or he's auditioning for an ESPN gig. Although honestly and w/o my crimson & cream glasses on, Gundy is possibly as deserving as any you mentioned. Just quit beating around the bush and say it.
2. OU’s Bob Stoops and Tech’s Mike Leach were voted co-coaches of the year. Huh? How could the coaches possibly not include Texas’ Mack Brown in that group, if not elevate him to solo status as coach of the year? UT in the preseason was picked second in the South, but the ‘Horns were considered a lot closer to the pack than they were to the favored Sooners.

Texas was 11th in the AP preseason poll, one spot ahead of Tech, and well behind OU and Missouri. From third in the Big 12 pecking order to third in the current BCS, yet Brown gets no love from his colleagues.
The Big 12 coaches sent a clear message about Mack Brown. I’m not sure what that message is, but it’s disappointing. Mack Brown and staff have done a better coaching job than Stoops and staff in 2008. The evidence is clear. I'll answer that last one for you Berry. They don't approve of Mack's whining and to a lesser extent they don't approve of the Austin Mafia Officiating. BTW, Berry if you're going to elevate Mack Brown to solo coach of the year then why not Mike Leach over Mack? Also Berry before you whine any more about the coach's vote, clean up your own house so the AP vote for COY and BIG 12 POY/1st Team, 2nd team etc are public. Why don't you release your vote in your column tomorrow? I'd like to know if you voted Sam or Pony Boy POY and Mack Brown COY. http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2008/12/03/coaches-all-big-12-very-interesting/

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/4/2008, 04:55 PM
I'm thinking it's either aggie Berry really complaining about Gundy not getting any recognition, but that argument is too homer to be taken seriously by anyone outside of Stoolwater or he's auditioning for an ESPN gig. Although honestly and w/o my crimson & cream glasses on, Gundy is possibly as deserving as any you mentioned. Just quit beating around the bush and say it. I'll answer that last one for you Berry. They don't approve of Mack's whining and to a lesser extent they don't approve of the Austin Mafia Officiating. BTW, Berry if you're going to elevate Mack Brown to solo coach of the year then why not Mike Leach over Mack? Also Berry before you whine any more about the coach's vote, clean up your own house so the AP vote for COY and BIG 12 POY/1st Team, 2nd team etc are public. Why don't you release your vote in your column tomorrow? I'd like to know if you voted Sam or Pony Boy POY and Mack Brown COY. http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2008/12/03/coaches-all-big-12-very-interesting/

You know, if I might be permitted a comment without my own, heavily-worn pair of crimson glasses, I tend to agree with Berry. Out of the four Big 12 coaches deserving of the award, nobody did more with less than Mack Brown. OU, Aggy, and Tech all had multiple, proven offensive weapons, and Mack's cupboard was pretty bare after the departure of Finley, Sweed, and Charles. They had no proven run game, and a handful of second-tier receivers. In addition, nobody knew what kind of year Colt was going to have...whether it was going to be First Year Amazing Colt, or Second Year Tries-Too-Hard Colt. He stepped up, made everyone around him better, and exceeded expectations in a great way. See also: Bob Stoops 2006.

badger
12/4/2008, 05:11 PM
It doesn't effing matter if Mack did "a better job" in Tramel's eyes because the only opinion that matters in that poll is his peers, just like it doesn't effing matter if the AP writers think that Texas is the real Big 12 champion, because they don't issue that award, either.

Peer voting. That's it. I wish everyone would stop complaining about things they cannot change.

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/4/2008, 05:18 PM
It doesn't effing matter if Mack did "a better job" in Tramel's eyes because the only opinion that matters in that poll is his peers, just like it doesn't effing matter if the AP writers think that Texas is the real Big 12 champion, because they don't issue that award, either.

Peer voting. That's it. I wish everyone would stop complaining about things they cannot change.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1053/1486904558_d33263de8a.jpg

:D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)

footballfanatic
12/4/2008, 05:40 PM
The best argument for making Brown Big 12 coach of the year is the All Big 12 team. There many Sooners on the team, and only two Texas players starting. With so much less talent, Brown did so much on the field. That is the definition of coaching.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/4/2008, 05:50 PM
The best argument for making Brown Big 12 coach of the year is the All Big 12 team. There many Sooners on the team, and only two Texas players starting. With so much less talent, Brown did so much on the field. That is the definition of coaching.

or schedule - catching all of your ranked teams as well as rivals at home makes a huge difference. this is kind of uncharted territory for OU - we normally dominate early and then gasp into the finish line. this year we've been like a train gaining momentum through the season...

Soonersince57
12/4/2008, 05:51 PM

Again, who cares?

badger
12/4/2008, 06:08 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1053/1486904558_d33263de8a.jpg

:D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)

:mad: Just for you (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/MicheleCass76/Badger.jpg)...

:P