PDA

View Full Version : OK, Which One Of You Did It?

DoubleDown
12/4/2008, 12:48 PM
I just got word there's a plane circling the texas campus pulling a banner that reads "Quit whining, Mack. You knew the rules!" I know the news stations both here and in Austin are now trying to find out who paid for it. Anyone heard anything?

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 12:51 PM
Nope But a Vid will Be appreciated :D

shaun4411
12/4/2008, 12:54 PM
it was bill oreilly

TMcGee86
12/4/2008, 12:56 PM
WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF THE PROPELLERS! I'M GONNA HAVE TO GET BACK TO YOU, IT'S TOO HARD TO TYPE WITH ALL THE TURBULENCE.

OKLA21FAN
12/4/2008, 01:03 PM
TTIWWP

SeattleOUstudent
12/4/2008, 01:03 PM
Sounds like BS to me. Cant see anything on the Austin news websites.

oudoosh
12/4/2008, 01:05 PM
Here you go....

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/Attacks_on_Mack_Brown_take_to_the_air

TMcGee86
12/4/2008, 01:06 PM
yeah it's true, my brother just emailed me from Austin and said the radio is going nuts about it.

He said they can't tell if the letters are Crimson or Scarlet.

XFollower
12/4/2008, 01:07 PM
Awesome. Where do I contribute?

noobalicious
12/4/2008, 01:08 PM
I just got word there's a plane circling the texas campus pulling a banner that reads "Quit whining, Mack. You knew the rules!" I know the news stations both here and in Austin are now trying to find out who paid for it. Anyone heard anything?

From who? It's not being reported anywhere

texas bandman
12/4/2008, 01:10 PM
Probably paid for by some teasip to keep Texass's name in the news and keep the pot stirred.

noobalicious
12/4/2008, 01:10 PM
hahahaha nevermind i see it

RacerX
12/4/2008, 01:11 PM
geez.

leavingthezoo
12/4/2008, 01:12 PM
[/shakes head]

swardboy
12/4/2008, 01:13 PM
WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF THE PROPELLERS! I'M GONNA HAVE TO GET BACK TO YOU, IT'S TOO HARD TO TYPE WITH ALL THE TURBULENCE.

Watch out for that tower !!

OU_Sooners75
12/4/2008, 01:14 PM
Sorry, I paid TMcGee86 to fly over Austin with the banner.

:eek:

TMcGee86
12/4/2008, 01:14 PM
Seriously though, I'm praying it's scarlet, or like has been said, a bitter whorn trying to employ some keep us in the news scheme.

Because this is beyond lame. No offense if anyone on here actually did it, but I'm just ready to move on to Mizzou.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/4/2008, 01:16 PM
Oh geez, this is making me laugh out loud terribly loud at work.

sooner518
12/4/2008, 01:20 PM
kinda aggy, but kinda funny.

IBleedCrimson
12/4/2008, 01:21 PM
rrs next year is going to be ****in intense :)

illinisooner
12/4/2008, 01:22 PM
I love the title of the article "Attacks on Mack Brown take to the air", lol.

bluedogok
12/4/2008, 01:31 PM
I have seen some cars with shoe polish 45-35 and other assorted crap on them running around town. Some people just need to get a life......

SoonerinSouthlake
12/4/2008, 01:33 PM
we no longer get to make fun of thier stupidity for flying a banner over stillwater :O

Laelaface
12/4/2008, 01:42 PM
Well I was hoping to be first to report this, but I am still going to anyway. http://www.statesman.com/sports/mboard/Texas_Sports/controlDb?PageId=TlToVt&topicID=282660&boardId=170#

Bosley
12/4/2008, 01:48 PM
I actually dont think it was us, if a sooner fan had flown over Austin it would have the BCS totals on it, or something of the like. I smell a different school behind this.

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/4/2008, 01:52 PM
A halfway decent picture is finally up:

http://media2.kxan.com//photo/2008/12/04/Mack_Brown_banner3d3da76e-f38c-46db-8406-07461695d64a0000_20081204122222_320_240.JPG

noobalicious
12/4/2008, 01:54 PM
There's a long thread about this over at whornfans and they have reached the conclusion that mack never whined, just expressed his disappointment.

Discuss.

instigator
12/4/2008, 01:56 PM
I sure hope it wasn't a Sooner.

Oh the bad karma...:eek:

Mobits
12/4/2008, 02:01 PM
www.39-33.com (http://www.39-33.com)

boomermagic
12/4/2008, 02:03 PM
I think it is some funny ****..

cheezyq
12/4/2008, 02:10 PM
There's a long thread about this over at whornfans and they have reached the conclusion that mack never whined, just expressed his disappointment.

Discuss.

Possibly, but that's because the entire whorn nation is doing the whining for him.

Boomer Mooner
12/4/2008, 02:19 PM
It doesn't matter who paid for it...Stoops will get the heat.

ESPN probably paid for it just to keep the **** stirred up.

Knippz
12/4/2008, 02:21 PM
Lame. Funny, but LAME.

SoonerRecon
12/4/2008, 02:22 PM
i work down here across the street from the capitol, and my coworkers are pissed coming back from their lunch breaks! i just tell them that OU beat the best team from texass.

this is karma, remember 2004 when smack brown got into the rose bowl over Cal?

Knippz
12/4/2008, 02:22 PM
I really, REALLY hope that it was Tech alum who did it, because we would look stupid after complaining about Texass doing it to us.

aurorasooner
12/4/2008, 02:23 PM
I sure hope it wasn't a Sooner.

Oh the bad karma...:eek: If it wasn't Aggie or like in a previous post said ESPN, I'm guessing some whorn sport's talk radio station or Longwhorn's Inc. did it to stir the pot even more, and deflect some of the bad press they're getting from their lame Stoolwater flyover.
In this day and time, you would think that airspace over a large university and especially one that close to a state capitol would be a strict no-fly zone and you would have to go through all kinds of security checks to get some kind of FAA approval or Homeland Security approval to fly low enough for anyone on the ground to read a banner. If that's not the case then Homeland Security = FAIL.

slamdog
12/4/2008, 02:25 PM
If it's Sooner sponsored...

we no longer get to make fun of thier stupidity for flying a banner over stillwater :O

then, this ^.

Mobits
12/4/2008, 02:27 PM
39-33.com says it's Tech sponsored...

Knippz
12/4/2008, 02:28 PM
I know. I hate looking stupid. If it was a Sooner fan, I'll look stupid.

DON'T MAKE ME LOOK STUPID!

TopDawg
12/4/2008, 02:32 PM
rrs next year is going to be ****in intense :)

Instead of that stupid halftime cheering/crowd signs thing, they're going to see which school can get the most banners flying over the stadium.

leavingthezoo
12/4/2008, 02:38 PM
39-33.com says it's Tech sponsored...

They do say that. The article linked still assumes it is OU fans. If it is OU fans, BOOOOOOOO! if it is tech fans, YAY!

that would truly make it funny.

SeattleOUstudent
12/4/2008, 02:51 PM
Hahah.... Sweet baby Jesus, thats funny.

Hot Rod
12/4/2008, 02:57 PM
That really made my day! Aw, the poor little horns can't take it can they?

rondog79
12/4/2008, 03:05 PM
thats the funniest crap ive seen in a long long time it was awsome

CatfishSooner
12/4/2008, 03:28 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/4/2008, 03:41 PM
Funny but could have been much better. Next time, if someone is going to pay for something like that, at least make it clever enough to really p*** the whorns off

85Sooner
12/4/2008, 03:48 PM
Banner flying over the University of Texas right now.

STOP WHINING MACK, YOU KNEW THE RULES!

I am catching hell today. worse than its ever been. These folks are more than Pissed. they are nearly homicidal.

as God is my witness......I thought longhorns could fly.

Laelaface
12/4/2008, 03:49 PM
Now there is raw video besides the picture. Not very good quality, but know I know for sure it wasn't photoshoped.
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/home/Raw_footage_of_Mack_Brown_banner

oupride
12/4/2008, 03:50 PM
ITS TRUE! HERES THE LINK http://www.statesman.com/

Laelaface
12/4/2008, 03:51 PM
You got to read what Texas fans are saying about this. http://tinyurl.com/6rk5q3
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/06/94/37/image_8037946.jpg

S008NER
12/4/2008, 03:59 PM
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/06/94/37/image_8037946.jpg

Something has been started where there is no return.

oupride
12/4/2008, 04:01 PM
http://www.statesman.com/ REPORTS IT AS A "MYSTERY PLANE"

PenFLSooner
12/4/2008, 04:01 PM
Should have dropped some Bevo piles during the flight! Please, Lord, don't let us lose Saturday or we will never hear the end of it!

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 04:02 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126186

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

texas bandman
ITS TRUE! HERES THE LINK http://www.statesman.com/

[Lili von Schtupp has lured Bart back to her room]
Lili Von Shtupp: Is it true how zey say zat you people are... gifted?
[Lights go out, sound of zipper opening]
Lili Von Shtupp: Oh. It's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!

Thread jacked. You just reminded me of "Blazing Saddles". Sorry. :D

85Sooner
Apparently a Tech alumni group had paid for it. I personally don't know.

Home > Bevo Beat > Archives > 2008 > December > 04 > Entry

Mystery plane flying over campus as battle of the banners continues
By Suzanne Halliburton | Thursday, December 4, 2008, 12:17 PM

A small plane was flying over the UT campus around noon Thursday, carrying a banner that says:

HEY MACK. QUIT WHINING U KNEW THE RULES

An eyewitness says that few students were even bothering to look up at the banner. In other words, it’s not causing a stir.

Best guess on who is responsible? How about Oklahoma fans.

OU slipped past Texas into second place in the Bowl Championship Series rankings. That ranking broke a three-way tie in the south division and allowed the Sooners to play in Saturday’s Big 12 Conference championship game against Missouri.

Coincidentally, the Longhorns beat both participants by double-digits in the regular season.

Texas fans rented a plane to fly over Stillwater last Saturday morning. It carried a banner reminding people that the Longhorns beat the Sooners 45-35. The plane flyover was designed to coincide with the telecast of ESPN’s College Football GameDay.

The Longhorns took the lead over OU in two of three three major human polls. In the third, Texas trailed the Sooners by one point. However, OU was able to edge out Texas after the six computer polls weighed in.

Permalink | Comments (72) | Post your comment Categories: Football

Comments
Click here to report comment abuse.

By Bill Bronson

December 4, 2008 2:54 PM | Link to this

TEXAS TECH ALUMNI PAID FOR THIS PLANE. WE DO BUSINESS WITH THE COMPANY THAT CHARTERED THE FLIGHT AND THEY CONFIRMED THAT THE PAYMENT WAS FROM A TEXAS TECH ALUMNI GROUP.

By Just Curious

December 4, 2008 2:51 PM | Link to this

Can anyone explain why Oklahoma goes by OU when the school's name is Univeristy of Oklahoma? Shouldn't that be UO not OU?

By boomer331

December 4, 2008 2:50 PM | Link to this

Wish we could get so many people to comment about something important. Like the economy or the war.
The plane is funny. Laugh about it.

By Tech 39 Texass 33

December 4, 2008 2:43 PM | Link to this

lmao You horns are so clueless! It was Tech alums that paid for it! Get your burnt orange panties out of a wad, what you can dish it out but cant take it. OU deserved it and earned it, they are playing the best ball and would whipe the floor with you.....Leach agrees!

By ILoveSheepAndCadets

December 4, 2008 2:43 PM | Link to this

God it sucks to be aggy

By BeeGee

December 4, 2008 2:41 PM | Link to this

The plane was hired out of Oklahoma.

The ad guy who did our 45-35 plane was contracted to do this flyover.

He has indicated that the arrangements and contract were done out of Oklahoma. The 39-33 website are also done by a group of fans from an OU fan blog.

Lame attempt to flame one of the most respected coaches in the game.

By todd

December 4, 2008 2:41 PM | Link to this

The folks that refer to UT as t.u. are aggies. That is funny considering they have the 2nd worst football team in the state. They are still better than North Texas for now.

By pam

December 4, 2008 2:37 PM | Link to this

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is s funny :-D

By levelhead

December 4, 2008 2:37 PM | Link to this

I think we should all look back at that fateful game on Oct. 11, 2008. Only at 1:08 left in the third quarter did Texas pass Oklahoma, but then Oklahoma retook the lead. Then, with 7 minutes left in the game, Texas took the lead. This was NOT a blowout. The game was competitive all the way DESPITE OU injuries.

Using the logic that a losing team can't be ranked higher, you would HAVE to rank Tech higher than UT. Among common opponents, OU leads points, even while bringing in second string more frequently.

By ASH4OU

December 4, 2008 2:35 PM | Link to this

HEY TEXAS FANS....HOW ABOUT YOU CHECK OUT THE 39-33.COM WEBSITE!

IT WAS A TECH ALUM THAT FLEW THE PLANE OVER! SO QUIT CRYING AND DON'T BLAME OKLAHOMA FOR THIS! MORE THAN ONE SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY THINKS TEXAS WAS RIDICULOUS WITH THE WHOLE THING!

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 04:05 PM
Dude Did you NOT see theres already a thread about this ? :rolleyes:

birddog
12/4/2008, 04:05 PM

Discuss.

anytime someone says "it's unfair" when it is fair, it is whining.

Collier11
12/4/2008, 04:23 PM
The thing ut fans are apparently to short-minded to realize is that it is either fair to everyone or unfair to everyone, not just them

Collier11
12/4/2008, 04:26 PM
They do say that. The article linked still assumes it is OU fans. If it is OU fans, BOOOOOOOO! if it is tech fans, YAY!

that would truly make it funny.

Either way I think it is funny as hell. I cant wait to wear my Big 12 Champion shirt to OU-tx next yr :D

OUmillenium
12/4/2008, 04:32 PM
i work down here across the street from the capitol, and my coworkers are pissed coming back from their lunch breaks! i just tell them that OU beat the best team from texass.

this is karma, remember 2004 when smack brown got into the rose bowl over Cal?

That's money, I'm gonna start using it. You should make it your sig.

mfosterftw
12/4/2008, 04:33 PM
Check out the comments. Matthew McConaughey, Mike Gundy, and "Boone T." are all arguing over who paid for the plane...

UTgradOUfan
12/4/2008, 04:34 PM
Just when I thought that this week couldn't get much sweeter I looked up and saw the banner. Yes, it is real and it is beautiful! The whining has been non-stop this week and it apparently got so bad that they even got tired of hearing it out in Lubbock. If it's true a Tech alum paid for the banner my hat is off to him for saying exactly what the rest of the Big 12 is thinking: Grow Up Mack.
If the Whorns really don't have any respect for the Sooners why did they name their football stadium after one?
As always, it is great being a Sooner fan living in Austin.

ouwasp
12/4/2008, 04:39 PM
Instead of that stupid halftime cheering/crowd signs thing, they're going to see which school can get the most banners flying over the stadium.

crap. those :texan: will probably get some ME-109s from the Confederate Air Force to strafe the south EZ...

SelmaBamaFan
12/4/2008, 04:42 PM
Holy ****!!! How much does something like that cost?!?!?! And someone give me a good one for Auburn!!! :D

josh09
12/4/2008, 05:03 PM
Hahaha over the UT campus? Thats awesome.

Boomer.....
12/4/2008, 05:15 PM
Hilarious!!!

IronHorseSooner
12/4/2008, 05:42 PM
Hey, I'm going to the ACC Title Game this SAT (they were giving away tix here, and it gives me something to do instead of listen to ESPiN). SoonerinTampa and I could requistion a plane out of here at MacDill and do a fly over of Raymond James with our stuff (HAHAHAHA!!!)

SoonerStormchaser
12/4/2008, 06:40 PM
Hey, I'm going to the ACC Title Game this SAT (they were giving away tix here, and it gives me something to do instead of listen to ESPiN). SoonerinTampa and I could requistion a plane out of here at MacDill and do a fly over of Raymond James with our stuff (HAHAHAHA!!!)

Heh, two months ago, I could've done it for you for free!

SoonerRecon
12/4/2008, 07:04 PM
That's money, I'm gonna start using it. You should make it your sig.

Done.

Dio
12/4/2008, 07:08 PM
Hey, I'm going to the ACC Title Game this SAT (they were giving away tix here, and it gives me something to do instead of listen to ESPiN).

Hell, if you'd have waited til Saturday, they'd probably pay you to go to the game.

oubose
12/4/2008, 07:15 PM
laughing my a** off, thats awesome. Can we fly that over the red river show down next year!!!

KC//CRIMSON
12/4/2008, 07:21 PM
Banner plane over Austin right now
http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories....2ead7f29.html

A plane flying a banner over the University of Texas Thursday caused quite a stir.
The plane's message said: "Hey Mack, quit whining. U knew the rules."
That's in reference to complaints about the BCS rankings that put Texas behind Oklahoma, a team Texas beat in the regular season.

"It was kind of outrageous," Taylor Jackson, student, said. "Some of us got really upset. One of the guys said he was going to go to the airport and try to catch them when they came off the plane, but I told him that probably wasn't a good idea."

Pilot Don Arsenault of Aerial Advertisers flew the plane over UT and downtown Austin for about two hours. He wouldn't say who hired him, but says he thinks they are UT fans.
"I don't ever pull anything that's counter UT," Arsenault says. "I'm a total fan."
Ted DeReeder, president of Long Island-based National Sky Ads, says he brokered the deal that sent the plane flying over UT.

He says the people who hired him are UT fans, but says they specifically asked him not to identify them publicly. He says the entire flight cost about $2,200.
The flight Thursday was similar to one flown over the Oklahoma-OU game Saturday in Stillwater. That banner said, "Texas 45 OU 35 Settled on a Neutral Field." That's in reference to the score when Texas beat OU at the Cotton Bowl.

Soonerinatex
12/4/2008, 07:23 PM
Local news here is Austin just said that it was flown by the same pilot and brokered out of the same company in NY that flew over Stillwater.

And, get this, they said it was paid for by 2 UT fans "Grown up college guys" who paid $2200.

But, they also said that the people behind it wanted to remain anon. So who knows.

SoonerPr8r
12/4/2008, 07:38 PM
By CLARA TUMA
KVUE News

A plane flying a banner over the University of Texas Thursday caused quite a stir.

The plane's message said: "Hey Mack, quit whining. U knew the rules."

That's in reference to complaints about the BCS rankings that put Texas behind Oklahoma, a team Texas beat in the regular season.

"It was kind of outrageous," Taylor Jackson, student, said. "Some of us got really upset. One of the guys said he was going to go to the airport and try to catch them when they came off the plane, but I told him that probably wasn't a good idea."

Pilot Don Arsenault of Aerial Advertisers flew the plane over UT and downtown Austin for about two hours. He wouldn't say who hired him, but says he thinks they are UT fans.

"I don't ever pull anything that's counter UT," Arsenault says. "I'm a total fan."

Ted DeReeder, president of Long Island-based National Sky Ads, says he brokered the deal that sent the plane flying over UT.

He says the people who hired him are UT fans, but says they specifically asked him not to identify them publicly. He says the entire flight cost about $2,200.

The flight Thursday was similar to one flown over the Oklahoma-OU game Saturday in Stillwater. That banner said, "Texas 45 OU 35 Settled on a Neutral Field." That's in reference to the score when Texas beat OU at the Cotton Bowl.

This story was linked at 39-33.com
Video here (http://http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/120408kvue_plane_banner-cb.2ead7f29.html#)

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 07:46 PM
That **** Just makes them Look More Pathetic :D
Good Jorb KC

SoonerBacker
12/4/2008, 08:55 PM
So, if it WAS Whorn fans who did it, what was their motivation? Were they just trying to stir s@*t up again, or have they finally started to get it?

bluedogok
12/4/2008, 09:16 PM
I know some that are sick of all the crap and they way that it makes the fanbase look.

SoonerStormchaser
12/4/2008, 09:23 PM
Wow...either they're:
a. trying to stir up **** against OU
or
b. fans who truly are sick and tired of all the Whorn whining

Still...it's Texass that gets more egg on its face. BRILLIANT!

Mobits
12/5/2008, 12:37 AM
Found this on www.39-33.com (http://www.39-33.com):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/dzavala/Texas_flyover.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
12/5/2008, 03:22 AM
I did it...

Here I am in disguise hiring the whorn pilot...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z206/archandrew429/22207_1.jpg