PDA

View Full Version : What scares me about this game

The Maestro
12/4/2008, 11:04 AM
I am not one of those paranoid OU fans that always sees something bad around the corner. But this Big 12 Championship Game has me a slight bit nervous because there is so much to lose, a huge amount to gain and the opponent seems primed to get crushed by us.

--we are rolling at a record pace and have the most balanced offense with the greatest production in the history of big time college football.

--our opponent has been our bitch throughout history and we are in the heads of this team.

--Missouri is the worst passing defense in the Big 12 and 116th in the country. They gave up 40 last week to Kansas.

--their season is a disappointment and a St. Louis Dispatch fan poll had about 75% of the voters predicting OU to score 40 or more...some even in the 70's!!!

Bottom line, there is NO reason to think Missouri even has a chance to make it competitive. And they may not. We may crush them based on talent, something to prove to the country and our coaches can remind them of 2003 on this same field.

I hope we roll them and play the game like we are the underdog...with something to prove and focused on the shot at the crystal ball. I have just never seen a game of this magnitude with so much on the line that leaned so heavily in OU's favor since...well...2003.

SteelCitySooner
12/4/2008, 11:06 AM
I think the media bias, that national collusion implying we don't belong, and pure pissed offedness, will keep our boys focused to deliver an epic beatdown on saturday.

My Opinion Matters
12/4/2008, 11:09 AM
I'm a little guarded about this game as well, and there's really only two reasons...

1. Sam Bradford's hand

2. Mike Balogun

85sooners
12/4/2008, 11:11 AM
3.special teams

My Opinion Matters
12/4/2008, 11:12 AM
3.special teams

Are you a Texas fan? 3 does not equal 2! Gah!

;)

The Maestro
12/4/2008, 11:12 AM
I'm a little guarded about this game as well, and there's really only two reasons...

1. Sam Bradford's hand

2. Mike Balogun

What makes you think we don't know the full extent of our quarterback's injury???

<cough> Huepel's elbow <cough>

<cough> Jason White in the 2004 National title game <cough>

SouthFortySooner
12/4/2008, 11:13 AM
4. lack of concentration by the collective here on the borad!

Okie35
12/4/2008, 11:15 AM

1. Sam Bradford's hand

2. Mike Balogun

1. Its not his throwing hand. Plus he played still during the Ok State w/ it hurt.

2. BV said he will work around his strengths in this game. He'll be fine.

1890MilesToNorman
12/4/2008, 11:16 AM
I'm not concerned about Sam's hand, he played better after the injury against the Pokes. With all the "we shouldn't be there" crap flying around the Sooners want to prove them wrong once again.

My Opinion Matters
12/4/2008, 11:17 AM
What makes you think we don't know the full extent of our quarterback's injury???

<cough> Huepel's elbow <cough>

<cough> Jason White in the 2004 National title game <cough>

If Stoops says a player is fine, it probably means they're in a coma.

Soonermagik
12/4/2008, 11:18 AM
I heard a rumor that Balogun might not even play.

I'm with you though, because I thought we couldn't lose to Kansas State either. I just hope that Stoops reminds those guys of how that team blew it.

Bottom line, it's hard to get up for every game, so I hope they can maintain focus for 2 more games.

My Opinion Matters
12/4/2008, 11:20 AM
1. Its not his throwing hand. Plus he played still during the Ok State w/ it hurt.

2. BV said he will work around his strengths in this game. He'll be fine.

1. I know, but it takes two hands to properly secure the ball when you're under center. I'm not real excited about the idea of operating exclusively from the shotgun.

2. Of course BV is going to say that. Do you expect him to publicly state ZOMG THE SKY IS FALLING AHHH!!@?

OklaPony
12/4/2008, 11:28 AM
1. I know, but it takes two hands to properly secure the ball when you're under center. I'm not real excited about the idea of operating exclusively from the shotgun.

We managed to beat Okie State that way. I don't think Sam took a single snap under center after the fumblerooski TD, did he?

My Opinion Matters
12/4/2008, 11:32 AM
I heard a rumor that Balogun might not even play.

I'm assuming if Balogun doesn't play that means we'll pretty much be running two-linebacker sets?

The Maestro
12/4/2008, 11:32 AM
So we go shotgun the whole game.

What if it is raining or snowing in K.C.???

Why the heck they play there instead of St. Louis is BEYOND me!

My Opinion Matters
12/4/2008, 11:33 AM
We managed to beat Okie State that way. I don't think Sam took a single snap under center after the fumblerooski TD, did he?

I don't think it will affect the passing game, but we haven't run the ball from a shotgun formation much this year.

aj44mc
12/4/2008, 11:37 AM
What a few snaps for DM, does anyone see this as a possibility again? I don't think we have seen it this year.

BillyBall
12/4/2008, 11:43 AM
If they can't get up for the Big 12 championship game there is something seriously ****ing wrong.

FirstandGoal
12/4/2008, 11:48 AM
I think any of us (and that includes almost everybody here) who have been fans since 2003 have reason to be somewhat skittish about this game coming up.

That being said, I think the differences between 2003 and 2008 far outweigh any similarities.

Honestly this year feels a bit more 2000-ish than it does 2003.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 11:57 AM
If we dont win By 40 Im gonna be disappointed :cool:

JLEW1818
12/4/2008, 12:04 PM
All Missouri knows they can do is try to get to a BCS bowl, Oklahoma knows if we win we go to the National title game. I'll take that motivation!!!!

Question: Are there any players on the team this year that were on the team when we played USC???

BermudaSooner
12/4/2008, 12:08 PM
So we go shotgun the whole game.

What if it is raining or snowing in K.C.???

Why the heck they play there instead of St. Louis is BEYOND me!

forecast is dry--and stop getting me nervous on a Thursday!

oupride
12/4/2008, 12:09 PM
Maestro, I understand your concern. Remember the 2003 team was undefeated and told they would play for the MNC BEFORE the Big 12 Championship. Also, this team has played with an urgency and should be hungry whereas none have played in BCS Championship. Boomer!

SoonerLB
12/4/2008, 12:11 PM
4. lack of concentration by the collective here on the borad!

AMEN to that! You'd think we got a raw deal the way so many around here are dwelling on the past and worrying themselves over meaningless whorn whiners.

Fortunately, Bob has the team focused on beating Mizzou.
Get a grip people, we have a game to win! There is no sense in worrying about NC games, we have not beaten Mizzou yet.

Down with Booger and his buddies!

JLEW1818
12/4/2008, 12:12 PM
Maestro, I understand your concern. Remember the 2003 team was undefeated and told they would play for the MNC BEFORE the Big 12 Championship. Also, this team has played with an urgency and should be hungry whereas none have played in BCS Championship. Boomer!

yep, we still have something to prove to a certain extent this year. (Or at least the media thinks so)

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2008, 12:25 PM
The only way Mizzou hangs with us is if the offense has a bad game. That can happen if the opposing team comes up with a great scheme on D that disrupts things. In 12 games, the only success against us has been to disrupt the run at the expense of coverage - that won't cut it. The other factors are external things like the field condition and the weather. Right now, weather.com is showing possibility of snow Saturday morning which is down-grade since yesterday. Yikes!

swardboy
12/4/2008, 12:28 PM
Sam played well with the injury Saturday night. I'm concerned that was on adrenaline flow.....

JLEW1818
12/4/2008, 12:39 PM
I don't like their focus on defensive with their coordinator

FlatheadSooner
12/4/2008, 12:51 PM
Let's hope the media keeps piling on to that collective chip on OU's shoulder.

:D :cool:

Blues1
12/4/2008, 12:54 PM
For Some Reason I'm Not Worried - I think it's because What I've seen From our Offensive Line Blocking and Murray & Brown and Company -- We Can Win this Game Staying on the Ground attack If we have to -- and who knows maybe that's the plan...???

Blues1 say's We will be Rockin' and come Home with 12 and 1 Record.....!!! ~~~ :)

SoonerBoognish
12/4/2008, 01:43 PM
I also remember in '03 that some were concerned about the amount of pressure White took against Baylor (5 sacks, at home) a couple of weeks earlier. I don't remember if that was a big factor, since i tryed my hardest to purge that game from my memory. There seemed to be a sense that something had been exposed in that game that would bite us later.