PDA

View Full Version : Advice?

Preservation Parcels
12/4/2008, 01:18 AM
My sweet sister-in-law married a weasel. After 19 years of marriage, her husband decided he wanted to play with boys. After a while, he changed his mind and promised to commit to her and their two sons. That lasted for the next 11 years. Ten years ago, they both tested positive for HIV, and she stayed with him. Recently, he decided he wanted to go back to playing with the other team. Now, he wants a divorce and more than half of their assets.

She was completely faithful to him, and everybody knows who brought the HIV home. She retired a couple of years ago from teaching for 30 years. She always earned more than him up until last year, and now he makes $180K. They have a paid for home plus a summer home on a lake with 6 years left on the mortgage.

He moved out, he wants her to sell their home and give him half, pay for half of the summer home mortgage and give him that place, and he wants half of her pension. All she’s asking for is the paid for home and for him to leave her pension alone. She doesn’t want to take this to court because of the expense and dredged up emotions, but he’s walked away from mediation until she gives him everything he wants. She won't stand up to him.

He gave her HIV, and now he's asking for what little security she has left. Plus, he's a fanatical University of Michigan fan. Any advice?

GottaHavePride
12/4/2008, 01:23 AM
Wait, sister-in-law? The guy in question isn't your bro, I hope?

If not, tell her to get a divorce lawyer and take the ****er to court.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/4/2008, 01:27 AM
Like Doug Llewellen says,

Don't take the law into your own hands, you TAKE IT TO COURT!

Hope she guts the POS like a fish.

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 01:30 AM
My sweet sister-in-law married a weasel. After 19 years of marriage, her husband decided he wanted to play with boys. After a while, he changed his mind and promised to commit to her and their two sons. That lasted for the next 11 years. Ten years ago, they both tested positive for HIV, and she stayed with him. Recently, he decided he wanted to go back to playing with the other team. Now, he wants a divorce and more than half of their assets.

She was completely faithful to him, and everybody knows who brought the HIV home. She retired a couple of years ago from teaching for 30 years. She always earned more than him up until last year, and now he makes $180K. They have a paid for home plus a summer home on a lake with 6 years left on the mortgage.

He moved out, he wants her to sell their home and give him half, pay for half of the summer home mortgage and give him that place, and he wants half of her pension. All she’s asking for is the paid for home and for him to leave her pension alone. She doesn’t want to take this to court because of the expense and dredged up emotions, but he’s walked away from mediation until she gives him everything he wants. She won't stand up to him.

He gave her HIV, and now he's asking for what little security she has left. Plus, he's a fanatical University of Michigan fan. Any advice?

IMHO Kathy, she needs to steel her nerve, and tell her lawyer to get her everything she deserves. Generally, that will be a 50-50 split of all property and debts acquired during the marriage and child support until both boys are out of school.

The fact he's a diseased butt-pirate won't really enter into the equation. Nowadays, courts view marriage as a contract between two parties. If one party decides to party elsewhere, its treated more or less like a busted business partnership. The stuff gets split down the middle, including the debts, the kids get paid for, and that's about it.

Preservation Parcels
12/4/2008, 01:57 AM
Wait, sister-in-law? The guy in question isn't your bro, I hope?

If not, tell her to get a divorce lawyer and take the ****er to court.

She's my fine husband's sister, and I love her dearly.

Homey,

You're right. Thankfully, both sons have finished college, and the eldest passed the bar. Other than the last 6 years of the summer house mortgage, there are no debts (that she knows about.) Some people are too kind for their own good, and she's one of them. She's afraid because someone told her that the legal costs will run somewhere near $30K if she fights him, and she doesn't think she can afford that. She needs somebody like Mrs. Lawson to crunch some numbers for her. It may be a case of penny-wise and pound-foolish.

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 02:11 AM
She's my fine husband's sister, and I love her dearly.

Homey,

You're right. Thankfully, both sons have finished college, and the eldest passed the bar. Other than the last 6 years of the summer house mortgage, there are no debts (that she knows about.) Some people are too kind for their own good, and she's one of them. She's afraid because someone told her that the legal costs will run somewhere near $30K if she fights him, and she doesn't think she can afford that. She needs somebody like Mrs. Lawson to crunch some numbers for her. It may be a case of penny-wise and pound-foolish.

If she hires a lawyer, he or she will explain that a wife can ask for, and often be awarded, attorney's fees by the opposite spouse, even if the wife filed the divorce. I should think based on the circs you described, a good divorce lawyer might get her her legal fees, paid for by Mr. Rump Ranger.

The reason its that way is to make it possible for women who don't have much income apart from the money their spouse brings home, and thus can't afford a lawyer, to get divorced and justice.

Preservation Parcels
12/4/2008, 02:28 AM
Thanks, Homey. I'll tell her what you said.

Sooner1979
12/4/2008, 03:46 AM

Did he literally play with boys? If so, does she have proof besides the HIV? And if so, send his as* to prison...They would love this as* pirate around...

Preservation Parcels
12/4/2008, 07:18 AM
Actually, he went to play with other males over the age of 18. I have high esteem for the word "men", and he doesn't merit that title.

He's a weasel, and that's actually an insult to beady-eyed, selfish creatures everywhere.

KsSooner
12/4/2008, 08:17 AM
Pay now or pay later. $30,000 might be a bargain if hubby gets his way. The long term $$ lost could possibly exceed that number.

TUSooner
12/4/2008, 09:04 AM
Call his bluff. Hire a REALLY GOOD lawyer and FIGHT !! Sometimes ya just gotta.

OU4LIFE
12/4/2008, 09:05 AM
completely drag his gay *** through the court system.

period.

SoonerStormchaser
12/4/2008, 09:32 AM
Plus, he's a fanatical University of Michigan fan.

There's nothing wrong with that...at least he's not an Ohio State fan.

Other than that, I'm truly sorry your SOL has to go through this...my wife is still emotionally scarred from her divorce (can we skip the jokes on this one please) and I truly hope your SOL can finally achieve the peace she so richly deserves.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 10:38 AM
Ask Him if he wants to be the STAR In a Gay snuff film .
I bet one of us could be called On to be the director ;)

Viking Kitten
12/4/2008, 11:05 AM
Jebus. What a creep. Are they here in Oklahoma? PM me the town and I'll find out the name of the best divorce attorney practicing there. I KNOW PEOPLE WHO KNOW PEOPLE!!!

OU4LIFE
12/4/2008, 11:08 AM
I suddenly feel even more sorry for Czar.

Viking Kitten
12/4/2008, 11:11 AM
BTW, am I the only one who didn't realize Preservation Parcels is a chick?

Viking Kitten
12/4/2008, 11:16 AM
I suddenly feel very sorry for Czar.

Suddenly? Everybody else started feeling sorry for him when I posted the coffee filters thread.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 11:26 AM

I had No Clue also to :O
Link to the Coffee thread ?

yermom
12/4/2008, 11:32 AM

i think she was talking about midwifery or somesuch at one point and gave it away ;)

and this whole story is ****ty. i would imagine that a judge/jury is going to see her side of it pretty fast, and not give him much leeway. i can't imagine that he would want any of this to be public at all. i'm can't imagine threatening to go to court in his position, regardless of how the case went.

waiting until you make more money doesn't exactly seem like good timing either...

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 11:44 AM
still say the Gay Snuff Film is the answer :D

Viking Kitten
12/4/2008, 12:07 PM
i think she was talking about midwifery or somesuch at one point and gave it away ;)

and this whole story is ****ty. i would imagine that a judge/jury is going to see her side of it pretty fast, and not give him much leeway. i can't imagine that he would want any of this to be public at all. i'm can't imagine threatening to go to court in his position, regardless of how the case went.

waiting until you make more money doesn't exactly seem like good timing either...

It sounds like the a-hole has been giving this poor lady nothing but crap for the last 30 years, and he's simply taking it for granted that she'll just lay down and take it some more. I sincerely hope she doesn't. Homey is correct when he says the infidelity probably won't come up in court, however the guy is trying to financially screw the lady and she needs to fight him.

(Olevet, the coffee filters thread was a long time ago, so I'm thinking it got deleted when they purged the old threads.)

OU4LIFE
12/4/2008, 12:10 PM
I suddenly feel even more sorry for Czar.

Suddenly? Everybody else started feeling sorry for him when I posted the coffee filters thread.

ok, I fixed it. I had forgotten about that thread.

OU4LIFE
12/4/2008, 12:12 PM
It sounds like the a-hole has been giving this poor lady nothing but crap for the last 30 years

not to point out the obvious, but I'm pretty sure she said he's been giving the crap to the menfolk.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 12:18 PM
(Olevet, the coffee filters thread was a long time ago, so I'm thinking it got deleted when they purged the old threads.)

I may Have gotten Drunk Once :D and Either Missed it or Forgot about it .:P

Viking Kitten
12/4/2008, 12:20 PM
Hell. I was probably drunk when I posted it.

OklahomaRed
12/4/2008, 12:23 PM
How does someone go from not making anything to $180K in one year? :confused:

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 12:24 PM
How does someone go from not making anything to $180K in one year? :confused:

Drugs , Or hes Pimpin his Own ***

Viking Kitten
12/4/2008, 12:29 PM
not to point out the obvious, but I'm pretty sure she said he's been giving the crap to the menfolk.

Uh huh huh..huh..huh.

OU4LIFE
12/4/2008, 12:30 PM
yes, i turned this into a poo thread.

Veritas
12/4/2008, 12:36 PM
I'm personally a big fan of the implied threat of physical violence combined with a mild preview. A baton sharply swing to impact the edge of the latissimus dorsi about two to three fingerwidths below the armpit works nicely and leaves a nice painful reminder for a few days.

But the best advice that won't lead to criminal charges is to encourage her to get the meanest ****ing lawyer she can.

shaun4411
12/4/2008, 01:11 PM
isnt it illegal to give someone HIV? i guess its only illegal if you knew you had it prior to the fact. that bites. what a d1ckmunch. i think infedility and giving someone a deadly std is grounds for a successful defense against a divorce suit. too bad cochran is dead.

LosAngelesSooner
12/4/2008, 01:17 PM

He gave her HIV, and now he's asking for what little security she has left. Plus, he's a fanatical University of Michigan fan. Any advice?Advice?

Hire a hit man. He sounds like a scumbag.

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 01:21 PM
Kathy,

Here's another thing to keep in mind on why its essential she demands an equitable property division now pursuant to the divorce.

After they're divorced, he'll die someday -- when the HIV finally becomes full-blown AIDS, if not sooner. He could make a will in the interim and leave all his property to his butt-buddy, even disinheriting the boys if he's as uber-narcissistic and selfishly weasel-y as he sounds.

So, also advise her to do it for her kids.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 02:09 PM
Advice?

Hire a hit man.

http://www.eco-pros.com/images/Animals/ClipArt/whome.gif

LosAngelesSooner
12/4/2008, 02:48 PM
?

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 02:59 PM
?

Better ?

LosAngelesSooner
12/4/2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.blackfive.net/main/images/2008/02/21/confused.jpg

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 03:45 PM
I fixed Yer Post that I quoted in My Post , Ya runnin Lib dumas .;)

C&CDean
12/4/2008, 04:49 PM
Ah, never a victim when two guys **** each other in the ***, is there?

The boy would be having a nice accident very soon if she were my kin. Selfish mother****er.

SouthFortySooner
12/4/2008, 05:00 PM
Did ya'll know there are swamps full of gators in Oklahoma.There really is . Really. I know where one is. Jes sayin. :mad:

Viking Kitten
12/4/2008, 05:03 PM
I know lots of nice guys who **** each other in the ***. I know lots of pricks who stick to women. And vice versa. This guy Ms. Parcels is seeking advice about just sounds like a scumbag no matter who he screws, and I feel sorry for whatever dude he hooks up with.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 05:12 PM
Ah, never a victim when two guys **** each other in the ***, is there?

The boy would be having a nice accident very soon if she were my kin. Selfish mother****er.

Dont you Mean ASSident ?

Preservation Parcels
12/4/2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks, all. She's a sweetheart, and nobody deserves what she's been through or the lonesome future she foresees. I'm going to pass along your advice and encouragement to stand up to him. She may do it for their sons, even if she won't do it for herself.

As you might imagine, all of this has hit them pretty hard, too. She didn't want them to think badly of their father, so she never told them about his wanderings or about the HIV. When all the latest gallivanting started, that came to light, too. How do children forgive one parent for putting another's life in danger? When they were first diagnosed, it was a certain death sentence. I'm just grateful for the drugs that give her hope for many healthy years ahead.

A sincere thank you.

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks, all. She's a sweetheart, and nobody deserves what she's been through or the lonesome future she foresees. I'm going to pass along your advice and encouragement to stand up to him. She may do it for their sons, even if she won't do it for herself.

As you might imagine, all of this has hit them pretty hard, too. She didn't want them to think badly of their father, so she never told them about his wanderings or about the HIV. When all the latest gallivanting started, that came to light, too. How do children forgive one parent for putting another's life in danger? When they were first diagnosed, it was a certain death sentence. I'm just grateful for the drugs that give her hope for many healthy years ahead.

A sincere thank you.

All I would add is that those sons are grown men. They deserve to know the truth about their father. I'm glad for them they do now. As far as forgiveness goes, that up to those boys, but if there's tension, Mr. "I'm A Married Man But I Can't Control My Pecker" should have thought about that before he started cruising ghey bars and/or foot-tapping in mens rooms.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 07:27 PM

A sincere thank you.

Give Her a Hug For me .
Let her Know Shes Not alone In this. I bet several Of us would Come to her rescue If she needed it or wanted it .;)

Chuck Bao
12/4/2008, 08:14 PM

A sincere thank you.

My heart goes out to your sweetheart SIL, Preservation Parcels.

I wonder about gay men that marry, have kids and then fool around on the side. Your SIL married him like 30 years ago. Back then, that sort of thing was probably more common.

He is a ******* for what he did. On the other hand, he may have made different choices in a more modern and understanding society.

That is not excusing his behavior, but I can imagine that it does apply in a more general sense.

That is like the HIV could be a result of being promiscuous, not necessarily gay sex related.

If the wife had been lesbian and then demanded half of the house, nobody would blink.

I'm more intrigued by his claim for part of the retirement benefits of your SIL. She worked. She contributed to the scheme. Surely, that should be hers and hers alone.

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 11:26 PM
I'm more intrigued by his claim for part of the retirement benefits of your SIL. She worked. She contributed to the scheme. Surely, that should be hers and hers alone.

In every jurisdiction in the US, retirement pensions are considered marital property. At least the percentage that vested while the parties are married that is. About the only thing that is exempt are VA disability benefits and similar payments made to compensate for pain and suffering.

Curly Bill
12/5/2008, 12:23 AM
In every jurisdiction in the US, retirement pensions are considered marital property. At least the percentage that vested while the parties are married that is. About the only thing that is exempt are VA disability benefits and similar payments made to compensate for pain and suffering.

She taught for 30 years, she's entitled to benefits resulting from pain and suffering. ;)

olevetonahill
12/5/2008, 12:42 AM
I still Vote for the Ghey Snuff Film .