PDA

View Full Version : This is why it's OUr year for another MNC

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 01:03 AM
bear with me.

Last week, on Monday, we had a death in the family.

On Wednesday, my mouth started hurting.

On Thursday my jaw started swelling. Couldn't enjoy T'giving because my mouth hurt too badly.

On Friday, I was really hurting. Dentist put a crown on a tooth a month ago, and he thought that would take care of the problematic cracked tooth, but allowed that we'd know in a month if that took care of it. Well, it didn't. Big honking abcess.

Of course, the Lortab and antibiotics the dentist called in got me through to Monday. Went to the dentist Monday at 1300, and he diagnosed a "hot no. 31." That's dentist lingo for an abcessed rear right molar. Referred me to an endodontist (that's dental parlance for a guy who does root canals). I was in his chair at 1630 that day and he completed Phase I of the root canal by 1830. I gotta go back in two weeks for the rinse and flush Phase II, then back to my dentist for a new crown two weeks after that.:(

Okay, so today was the first day my mouth felt normal since last Wednesday.

I get home from work, and this rescue dog we had adopted last week had gotten loose.

I chase him on foot a quarter-mile down south of my house to the vicinity of the StarWorld 20 on South Memorial ( I know, meaningless to non-Tulsans, but I'm on a roll) trying to catch him. Of course, since he's new to our house, he's blowing me off and running from me.

He won't stop, and keeps hauling doggie a$$ south.

The whole time I'm thinking, if he turns west and heads for Memorial Drive (four lanes and packed at 6pm), he's toast.

He does.

He gets hit.

I rush in to scoop him up and get him out of the road, and what does he do? Remember, injured dog right? You know, like all pet owners should know if they have read anything about animal first-aid, otherwise sweet doggies will go Cujo when they're frightened and hurt. But I couldn't leave him in the danged busy thoroughfare. Anyhoo...as I take him into my arms,

he rares up and HE BITES THE TIP OF MY NOSE OFF! Srsly.

He bites my thumb to the bone as I unlatch him from my nose.

I carry him, by the scruff, the quarter mile back to my house, bleeding like a professional wrestler all the way. I get home, praying my wife is home from work, but nooooo. I call my wife to take me to the ER. Of course, this night she decided to work late so she has to drive from the hospital where she works, collect me, and return.

I get a break because a plastic surgeon, known to my GP who happened to be moonlighting in the ER tonight, takes my case.

They take me to the OR, put me under, and rebuild my nose. A full blown rhinoplasty. Now, those of you who have seen me, know I had nose to spare, so he had extra material to work with. But for now, my appearance would scare small children. The thumb should heal on its own, although the dog bit it to the bone.

Therefore, after the flippin' last ten days I've had, I am quite certain, if there is a God in Heaven (a fact of which I'm quite certain), we'll hang half a hundred on Missouri, and beat the crapola out of our MNC opponent.

Oh, and the dog? He's gimping a bit, has a little road rash on his right rear leg, but he's eating and getting around fine. We'll have him checked out by the vet tommorrow, but I think he was just shaken up. I gave the tip of my nose to save his life, but he's too skittish to even come when I call him. I reckon he'll get over that in time.

BOOMER SOONER! BEAT MISERY!

Frozen Sooner
12/4/2008, 01:13 AM
OK, my week of furnace blowups and car wrecks isn't quite as bad.

Hope things get better, Homey.

GottaHavePride
12/4/2008, 01:16 AM
Holy ****, Homey. Glad you're ok after all that.

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 01:18 AM
Holy ****, Homey. Glad you're ok after all that.

I'll be fine unless my nose or thumb gets gangrene or something. If that happens, I'll be the thumbless, noseless guy at the tailgates next year.

Srsly, I look like I was in an altercation with Hannibal Lector.

BigRedJed
12/4/2008, 01:19 AM
Crimeny. Get better, Homey. If it makes you feel any better, the dog is grateful, now that things have settled down a bit.

GottaHavePride
12/4/2008, 01:19 AM
Just so long as you don't get a Thing in Homey's Nose to match the Thing in Norm's Leg, then...

BigRedJed
12/4/2008, 01:20 AM
However, he very possibly has now developed a taste for human flesh. I'd watch him if I were you.

yermom
12/4/2008, 01:28 AM
OK, my week of furnace blowups and car wrecks isn't quite as bad.

Hope things get better, Homey.

how did i miss this?

and damn Homey, that's quite the rescue of a rescue dog

my condolences for the thumb and the schnoz, happy healing :eek:

bri
12/4/2008, 07:47 AM
So, no lunch this week? :D

Way to take one for the team, Holmes. Or ten, as it were.

KsSooner
12/4/2008, 08:11 AM
Stoops injury report,"Homey just needs an aspirin and a bandaid, he will be good to go"

Hot Rod
12/4/2008, 08:41 AM
Homey gets the game ball this weekend.

TUSooner
12/4/2008, 08:42 AM
Wow.
Just. Wow.
But I'm sure you'll be as pretty as ever.

& I think I'll not complain about my little stuff for awhile.

Root canal + crown = rawk yer face off, btw. Wish I'd had mine years ago.

OU4LIFE
12/4/2008, 09:09 AM
I, apparently, lead a very charmed existence.

Dang Homes....take care of yourself brother.

SoonerJack
12/4/2008, 09:33 AM
Man, Humanitarian of the Year award for the Homester.

I'm guessing if we begged for pictures of these injuries or the perpetrating pooch we would be denied. lol

Hope you get better and that your prediction comes true!

Viking Kitten
12/4/2008, 09:38 AM
Guess he picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

(Hope you feel better soon, Homester.)

yermom
12/4/2008, 09:58 AM
Root canal + crown = rawk yer face off, btw. Wish I'd had mine years ago.

root canals really get a bad rap...

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 10:02 AM
root canals really get a bad rap...

yep. If I had had a root canal a month ago, instead of the crown alone, I wouldn't have had to endure all the pain last week from the abcess.

OU4LIFE
12/4/2008, 10:21 AM
abscess = teh succ.

Had one from a broken-in-half tooth a few years ago.

ain't much pain like tooth pain. weird stuff.

BillyBall
12/4/2008, 10:28 AM
Sorry to get off track here, but when did you go back from Mike Rich to Frozen again? Im getting really confused here...

C&CDean
12/4/2008, 10:37 AM
Sounds like an average week on the Deanarosa...

Hope the dog heals up soon.

And you too.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 10:48 AM
NOW you Know why I just rescued a wienie :D
You got to Post Pics bro . You Just got to .
Oh and Im glad you gonna be Ok . Maybe even Better Lookin

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 11:15 AM
NOW you Know why I just rescued a wienie :D
You got to Post Pics bro . You Just got to .
Oh and Im glad you gonna be Ok . Maybe even Better Lookin

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3616/tuckn700461839519802569yd4.jpg
Here's the dog I saved who bit the end of my nose off. He's a schipperke. We have owned schipps for twenty-five years w/out incident.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7408/tuckn700461839519801541ep4.jpg
Here's my pre-surgical, uninjured ginormous schnozz (taken at the chilly TT game w/my kid)

I'll post a pic of my post-surgical nose later.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/4/2008, 11:29 AM
Sweet 8lb 6oz deelishus baby jebus, Homey.

But when we win, you'll be a hero!

Take it easy and get all healed up quick...dang.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 11:31 AM
Im Glad yer daughter didn't Get the Jimmy Durante look from You .:D
Come On we need the Injury Pics, Ya know so we Can Laugh at some one Besides Sicem and the Frag Mag for awhile .:D :D :D :D :D

proud gonzo
12/4/2008, 11:59 AM
holy hell, man!

Oldnslo
12/4/2008, 12:35 PM
dang, Homey. Heal up!

and you're right.

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 12:57 PM
Dog update:
Vet says dog has a cracked pelvis. It'll heal on its own. No lasting effects. Put him on anti-biotics for the road rash.

shaun4411
12/4/2008, 01:08 PM
the reason it's ou's year is because they like to play in miami for the national championship. this'll be the 3rd consecutive trip for them. they plan to beat another florida team there.

XFollower
12/4/2008, 01:13 PM
your week could be worse, you could be mack brown!

LosAngelesSooner
12/4/2008, 01:14 PM
Not to mention that the last time we won a NC we had a Dem Prez.

Not to ad insult to injury. ;)

Best of luck. Heal quickly. Sorry you went through all that crapola.

P.S. - Glad to know that was your daughter in the pic. I almost had MEGA respect for you catching such a cute, younger wife. :D

SoonerInKCMO
12/4/2008, 02:46 PM
P.S. - Glad to know that was your daughter in the pic. I almost had MEGA respect for you catching such a cute, younger wife. :D

Imagine what his wife must look like to have someone made half of him still look that good! :eek:

:D

captain_surly
12/4/2008, 02:51 PM
Dog update:
Vet says dog has a cracked pelvis. It'll heal on its own. No lasting effects. Put him on anti-biotics for the road rash.

That is one lucky dog. Good on you for rescuing him twice now. If you end up with a scar on your nose you can make up a good story about a bar fight or something.

Too bad there wasn't a live news crew nearby, you'd be famous by now. I must admit I would pay to see film of you prying his mouth off your nose while trying to get out of the road. Did any of your neighbors see you carrying him back to the house by the scruff whilst bleeding profusely from the face and hand? If so, I'll bet they're scared of you now.

Thanks for taking one for the team.

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 03:15 PM
That is one lucky dog. Good on you for rescuing him twice now. If you end up with a scar on your nose you can make up a good story about a bar fight or something.

Too bad there wasn't a live news crew nearby, you'd be famous by now. I must admit I would pay to see film of you prying his mouth off your nose while trying to get out of the road. Did any of your neighbors see you carrying him back to the house by the scruff whilst bleeding profusely from the face and hand? If so, I'll bet they're scared of you now.

Thanks for taking one for the team.

No witnesses but the dry cleaners were pretty freaked when I dropped of the bloody suit I was wearing this afternoon. I told 'em not to sweat the bio-hazard because the dried blood was about 18 hours old.

kbsooner21
12/4/2008, 03:32 PM
I'm sorry Homey and I'm glad you're ok, but I would have paid good money to see that. I was in tears laughing after reading your story :D

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry Homey and I'm glad you're ok, but I would have paid good money to see that. I was in tears laughing after reading your story :D

It is pretty funny. I have found one must try to find humor in every bad thing. It helps in "rolling with the punches" life inevitably serves up.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 03:47 PM
It is pretty funny. I have found one must try to find humor in every bad thing. It helps in "rolling with the punches" life inevitably serves up.

Still waitin on the " After Action " Pics ;)

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 03:50 PM
Imagine what his wife must look like to have someone made half of him still look that good! :eek:

:D

Here's a better picture of her taken at the same game with some random Fiji. She thought it was funny he and she had identical sweatshirts. I think she's beautiful. She's a good kid, and apart from stereotypical blondeness-induced goofiness, has never given us a moment of trouble.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5429/tuckn700461839519785125cj9.jpg

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 03:53 PM
That dude looks Like a Nerd ;)

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 03:55 PM

he does indeed. He's also wearing a girl sweatshirt.;)

bri
12/4/2008, 04:05 PM
Or is she wearing a boy sweatshirt?

:les: ANDROGYNY!!!

shaun4411
12/4/2008, 04:16 PM

id have sheepish grin on my face too if a beautiful woman like that were standing next to me

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 04:18 PM
id have sheepish grin on my face too if a beautiful woman like that were standing next to me

You got any where Near her Homey and I would Hurt you .:mad:

C&CDean
12/4/2008, 04:42 PM
You got any where Near her Homey and I would Hurt you .:mad:

Damn right. We don't want no God hater messing with our girl.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 04:46 PM
So Now you see Shawn.
You even Look at her . Homey, Dean and I will put such an Asswhoopin On you. Oral Roberts wont be able to Pray it Off .:mad:

bri
12/4/2008, 05:02 PM
Well, I'm sure Oral could pray it off if you payed enough. :D

NormanPride
12/4/2008, 05:12 PM
Holy crap, Homes. Glad to hear the Schipperke is okay. Just be glad it wasn't a really large dog! We had a rough time of it as well over the holiday. Baj came down with a pretty nasty bug, and I threw out my back. The wins over aggy and Purdue certainly made it all better though!

Take care of yourself...

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 05:14 PM
Well, I'm sure Oral could pray it off if you payed enough. :D

Dont Under estimate the severity off the Asswhoopin , Im talkin here .

bri
12/4/2008, 05:34 PM
Dont Under estimate the severity off the Asswhoopin , Im talkin here .

I'm not. You're underestimating the power of Oral Roberts and PPV Jebus. :D

Soonerwake
12/4/2008, 05:35 PM
In my house, the dog would still be running and the nose would be fine. You run away, you are on your own.

Of course, you are a better man than me Homey. :) Hope you heal up quick.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 05:41 PM
Hope you heal up quick.
But Not before we Get Pics :D

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 05:42 PM
I'm not. You're underestimating the power of Oral Roberts and PPV Jebus. :D

Well He Might have to get Richard in to Help him .:D

shaun4411
12/4/2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the kind words after i complimented someone. btw, im no god hater-- i just dont believe there is one.

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words after i complimented someone. btw, im no god hater-- i just dont believe there is one.

YW :P Plus If you Dont Believe someone or something Created all this you are a Moran .

OUHOMER
12/4/2008, 06:09 PM
Damn, Homey, that was a hell of a story. I was watching the movie in my head as I read your story..... I glad you dont have a cold this week :D

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 06:13 PM
Damn, Homey, that was a hell of a story. I was watching the movie in my head as I read your story..... I glad you dont have a cold this week :D

That would be even better :D
Come On Homester . we waitin On the Pics .:D

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 06:32 PM
glad you dont have a cold this week :D

That would suck with the suckage of a thousand crack hoes. Imagine, a runny nose you can't blow because your nose is a stiched-up piece of raw meat, so the snot would just have to drain onto your lip where you wipe it off. repeat x100. :eek:

shaun4411
12/4/2008, 07:59 PM
YW :P Plus If you Dont Believe someone or something Created all this you are a Moran .

okay. prove it.

by the way, do you actually think care that you neg me?

Okla-homey
12/4/2008, 08:03 PM
okay. prove it.

They wouldn't call it "faith" if it could proven. That said, I believe He exists more than I beleive in man-made global warming. So, call me an ignorant troglodyte.;)

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 08:15 PM
okay. prove it.

How about YOU Prove there Isn't ?
Oh and Obviously you Care or you wouldn't Even Know :P

GottaHavePride
12/4/2008, 10:04 PM
Ah. I love this time of year. When polititcal arguments give way to religious arguments.

That's right - poltitical. I said it.

Oh, and Homey, tell the Blonde Daughter she'd look even more stunning if she gave up the fake-tanning. ;)

YWIA.

Sincerely,

A Dude.

bri
12/4/2008, 11:32 PM
And yet another South Oval thread takes about three random turns. :D

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 11:43 PM
And yet another South Oval thread takes about three random turns. :D

Yup it sems we wnet From Homey Gettin His Nose bit off, to Pics Of beauty and the beast, to asswhoopin , to Religion . Now where we go ?

bri
12/5/2008, 12:02 AM
And fake bake protests. Don't forget the bold fake bake protest. :)

I LIKE PIE!

olevetonahill
12/5/2008, 12:58 AM

I LIKE PIE!

Yea I almost missed that
So i guess we need to add POO in the thread

Frozen Sooner
12/5/2008, 02:34 AM
Ah. I love this time of year. When polititcal arguments give way to religious arguments.

That's right - poltitical. I said it.

Oh, and Homey, tell the Blonde Daughter she'd look even more stunning if she gave up the fake-tanning. ;)

YWIA.

Sincerely,

A Dude.

She looks fine as she is.

Sincerely,

Another Dude Who Thinks It's a Bit Creepy to be Scoping Out Homey's Daughter.

olevetonahill
12/5/2008, 02:37 AM
She looks fine as she is.

Sincerely,

Its cause shes almost Like the Boards Daughter ;)

Okla-homey
12/5/2008, 06:21 AM

I LIKE PIE!

I dunno about any of that. I do know she's never had any trouble attracting fellers.

LosAngelesSooner
12/5/2008, 07:06 AM
Here's a better picture of her taken at the same game with some random Fiji. She thought it was funny he and she had identical sweatshirts. I think she's beautiful. She's a good kid, and apart from stereotypical blondeness-induced goofiness, has never given us a moment of trouble.

You know a girl's got a nice rack when you can tell she's got a nice rack through an oversized sweatshirt.

:eek:

:les:PERMABANNED!!!!!!

:dean:

:cry:

;) :D

bri
12/5/2008, 07:23 AM

So you're saying that restraining order that pg took out on you taught you a lesson about creepiness?

SoonerJack
12/5/2008, 09:18 AM

The blond daughter is super cute. Glad to hear that she is trouble free as well.

shaun4411
12/5/2008, 11:59 AM
How about YOU Prove there Isn't ?
Oh and Obviously you Care or you wouldn't Even Know :P

its cool, youre just lonely, i get it man.

as far as proof goes, the burden of proof befalls to he who makes the claim (e.g. that there is a god). Until you can prove your case, we go by wysiwyg (what you see is what you get). in other words, if we cant see/hear/smell/taste/feel an omnipotent, ever loving, evil hating creator of all things doing his good work on this disease infested, crime ridden, sin loving earth, by default, there isnt one. unless you want me to tell you about the invisible elephant that follows me everywhere.

Frozen Sooner
12/5/2008, 12:20 PM
So you're saying that restraining order that pg took out on you taught you a lesson about creepiness?

Like I've ever paid attention to restraining orders.

mdklatt
12/5/2008, 12:53 PM
Here's a better picture of her taken at the same game with some random Fiji.

She looks a lot like Mrs. Homey. Are you sure you're the father? ;)

OU4LIFE
12/5/2008, 01:38 PM
Like I've ever paid attention to restraining orders.

now tasers...he pays great attention to tasers....

Okla-homey
12/7/2008, 03:53 PM
bear with me.

Last week, on Monday, we had a death in the family.

On Wednesday, my mouth started hurting.

On Thursday my jaw started swelling. Couldn't enjoy T'giving because my mouth hurt too badly.

On Friday, I was really hurting. Dentist put a crown on a tooth a month ago, and he thought that would take care of the problematic cracked tooth, but allowed that we'd know in a month if that took care of it. Well, it didn't. Big honking abcess.

Of course, the Lortab and antibiotics the dentist called in got me through to Monday. Went to the dentist Monday at 1300, and he diagnosed a "hot no. 31." That's dentist lingo for an abcessed rear right molar. Referred me to an endodontist (that's dental parlance for a guy who does root canals). I was in his chair at 1630 that day and he completed Phase I of the root canal by 1830. I gotta go back in two weeks for the rinse and flush Phase II, then back to my dentist for a new crown two weeks after that.:(

Okay, so today was the first day my mouth felt normal since last Wednesday.

I get home from work, and this rescue dog we had adopted last week had gotten loose.

I chase him on foot a quarter-mile down south of my house to the vicinity of the StarWorld 20 on South Memorial ( I know, meaningless to non-Tulsans, but I'm on a roll) trying to catch him. Of course, since he's new to our house, he's blowing me off and running from me.

He won't stop, and keeps hauling doggie a$$ south.

The whole time I'm thinking, if he turns west and heads for Memorial Drive (four lanes and packed at 6pm), he's toast.

He does.

He gets hit.

I rush in to scoop him up and get him out of the road, and what does he do? Remember, injured dog right? You know, like all pet owners should know if they have read anything about animal first-aid, otherwise sweet doggies will go Cujo when they're frightened and hurt. But I couldn't leave him in the danged busy thoroughfare. Anyhoo...as I take him into my arms,

he rares up and HE BITES THE TIP OF MY NOSE OFF! Srsly.

He bites my thumb to the bone as I unlatch him from my nose.

I carry him, by the scruff, the quarter mile back to my house, bleeding like a professional wrestler all the way. I get home, praying my wife is home from work, but nooooo. I call my wife to take me to the ER. Of course, this night she decided to work late so she has to drive from the hospital where she works, collect me, and return.

I get a break because a plastic surgeon, known to my GP who happened to be moonlighting in the ER tonight, takes my case.

They take me to the OR, put me under, and rebuild my nose. A full blown rhinoplasty. Now, those of you who have seen me, know I had nose to spare, so he had extra material to work with. But for now, my appearance would scare small children. The thumb should heal on its own, although the dog bit it to the bone.

Therefore, after the flippin' last ten days I've had, I am quite certain, if there is a God in Heaven (a fact of which I'm quite certain), we'll hang half a hundred on Missouri, and beat the crapola out of our MNC opponent.

Oh, and the dog? He's gimping a bit, has a little road rash on his right rear leg, but he's eating and getting around fine. We'll have him checked out by the vet tommorrow, but I think he was just shaken up. I gave the tip of my nose to save his life, but he's too skittish to even come when I call him. I reckon he'll get over that in time.

BOOMER SOONER! BEAT MISERY!

ONE DOWN. ONE TO GO.

bri
12/7/2008, 04:59 PM
I shudder to think what calamity has to befall you in January to secure our victory. ;)

Okla-homey
12/7/2008, 05:19 PM
I shudder to think what calamity has to befall you in January to secure our victory. ;)

We're good. My Trifecta of Terror this month covers it.

olevetonahill
12/7/2008, 05:34 PM
Still waitin on the After Pics .:P

Hot Rod
12/8/2008, 08:21 AM
I'd just like to add that I feel this is OUr year as well. My first son was born in 2000 and it turned out to be a great football season. My 2nd son was born in 2002 and well, no crystal ball, but we did get a conf. championship. This year, my brother's first son was born, so I'm hoping tradition continues.

Boomer Sooner!

Okla-homey
12/9/2008, 06:53 PM
Stitches out today. The plastic surgeon doc says it's healing well. He says it should look fine, but be only about 3/4 the size of my original equipment nose. The bad part is I have to rub this cream that costs 25.00 bucks for a little tube ("Mederma") on said nose x3 each day to prevent scarring.

And the dog is fine. Almost can't tell he got his pelvis cracked last Wednesday.

That is all.

bri
12/10/2008, 12:37 PM
All's well that ends well!

Frozen Sooner
12/10/2008, 12:47 PM
Glad to hear you're healing up.

Juries don't like lawyers who look like Mel Gibson in Man Without a Face.

Frozen Sooner
12/10/2008, 12:48 PM
All's well that ends well!

And now his nose ends well short of where it did!

(Pa-dump!)

OU4LIFE
12/10/2008, 01:09 PM
We're good. My Trifecta of Terror this month covers it.

I've seen that Simpsons episode.

glad you're better.