PDA

View Full Version : Robert Plant: Burning down one side

King Crimson
12/4/2008, 12:57 AM
i always thought this was a pretty good groove...as bad as most of the vid is...minus the "**** it" last scene. RP+karate? man, i'm getting old. sounds like an In through the out door outtake...but still good.

if i want to get my zep on these days, that Page/Black Crowes LP from the Greek is still better than anything in the last decade.

UAYHl2KBcx4

BigRedJed
12/4/2008, 01:14 AM
Great tune. You're right about In Through the Out Door, though I had never heard that in this song until you mentioned it. Listening to/seeing plant sorta bums me out these days, only 'cause his solo stuff still seems recent to me, and he seemed far removed from Zeppelin when he made it. What I mean is that he seemed like an old dude at the time, and now I'm considerably older than he was when he put that out. Pictures at Eleven came out in '82. He was 33 or 34.

When I saw him a couple of months ago and though all of that through, it made 60 seem really close. The man is 60.

King Crimson
12/4/2008, 01:43 AM
i like In through the out door. especially, I'm gonna crawl and in the evening...great riff "when the day is done.

i get what you are saying Jed. RP was an old bastard swimming around in that pool on MTV in the mood for a melody or a big log. I'm older than that now.

King Crimson
12/4/2008, 02:05 AM
**** plant

this is it:

oyK_SnQiXDM

King Crimson
12/4/2008, 02:07 AM
i do like burning down one side though.

King Crimson
12/4/2008, 02:13 AM
8JnHvZ3uOHw&feature=related

King Crimson
12/4/2008, 02:19 AM
pSTkaIGNDMw&feature=related

King Crimson
12/4/2008, 02:32 AM
i'm gonna have to do this:

zikZw9lzKsE&feature=related

King Crimson
12/4/2008, 03:14 AM
i still love that final scene where plant walks into the traffic......

other than that. Black Crowes and Jimmy Page.

SteelCitySooner
12/4/2008, 07:42 AM
i still love that final scene where plant walks into the traffic......

other than that. Black Crowes and Jimmy Page.

I saw the concert. eff'in awesome!

King Crimson
12/4/2008, 09:35 AM
I saw the concert. eff'in awesome!

right on my man. i'm jealous. i couldn't sleep one night and turned on the radio and caught some simulcast and i remember thinking "great, Jimmy's cashing in yet again"...and they went into Out on the Tiles....blew me away.

SteelCitySooner
12/4/2008, 11:11 AM
I also saw the Page and Plant concert after they released the No Quarter CD. Seeing those two do Kashmir, Gallows Pole, and Thank You together was EPIC. Although it probably wasn't as rockin as the Black Crowes/Jimmy Page tour. That's probably closest I'll ever get to seeing Led Zeppelin though...unfortunately.

bluedogok
12/4/2008, 12:33 PM
One DJ on Sirius Classic Vinyl jokingly said that if Page/Jones wants to get Plant involved in reunion tour discussions, they just need to start talking to David Coverdale about going out on tour.......