PDA

View Full Version : DOOSH PART DEUX: Steve Eubanks says the SEC CCG = MNC

noobalicious
12/3/2008, 08:35 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8882346/National-champion-should-emerge-from-SEC-title-game

The BCS might be in shambles (just ask fans of Texas and Texas Tech) but at least fans will get a chance to see the two best teams in college football duke it out. A week after the computers jumped the shark by declaring Oklahoma the winner of the Big 12 South, and fully a month before the BCS Championship game in Miami, the top team in the land already will have been determined after Alabama and Florida knock heads in the Georgia Dome.

The poster advertising the game says it all: "Best of the Best: Best Conference, Best Two Teams, The SEC Championship." After the Big 12 debacle, the Alabama-Florida game has become the de facto national championship. It already feels title-worthy. AP and Harris have Alabama at No. 1 and Florida at No. 2. Despite some squeakers, Alabama is undefeated, no small feat in the SEC. And with all due respect to USC, every objective expert agrees that Florida is the most dominant one-loss team in the nation with the fastest backs and receivers, and a quarterback who already has one Heisman Trophy at home.

The Tide just routed Auburn in the Iron Bowl while the Gators made a ranked Florida State team look like a JV squad. Brokered tickets in Atlanta are already going for north of a grand. That's double the rate for a BCS Championship seat in Dolphin Stadium. Throw in the fact that, despite a few nicks and cuts, both teams will be sharper on Saturday than on Jan. 8, and it's easy to see why this is the game of the year.

According to Nick Saban, "If you're playing in a national championship game it means something, but winning the SEC means something. This game means something."

If Alabama wins, it means they will have beaten their toughest foe, a team that looks stronger than any possible BCS opponent. Florida has put up a total of 556 points against teams like Georgia, Miami, Florida State, Ole Miss and LSU while allowing their opponents to score only 147. Oklahoma, the most likely pick to fill the other BCS slot, has scored 650 points, but given up 260. And, yes, Florida played The Citadel, but Oklahoma had Chattanooga, TCU and Baylor on the schedule.

"They are just explosive," Alabama cornerback Javier Arenas said of Florida. "That's why they're so good. They have playmakers and great coaches. All around, they are the ideal team, the type of team you would want to have."

Saban agreed. "They've got big-play ability. They've got outstanding receivers. They've got a Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback. And they utilize all those players in different roles."

Both teams have great offensive lines — according to Urban Meyer "the best in the SEC" — and both play disciplined defense and special teams. Meyer also said, "The team that runs the ball effectively is going to win the game �If you're 13 years old out there thinking about being a coach, this is the kind of thing you want to watch."

It's also the kind of game you want to see if you're a fan of noggin-knocking college football. December will be filled with brass-band hype about the national championship game. But even the staunchest holdouts will know the game to determine the best team in college football will have been played before the first BCS kickoff. And computers will have had no part in it.

WHAT THE HELL!?!??! What a huge crock of ****. And with ALL DUE RESPECT TO USC? BUT EFF THE BIG 12????????

DOOSH of the YEAR!!!!!!!

noobalicious
12/3/2008, 08:37 PM
And yes, I am aware I'm spelling doosh wrong...on purpose.

bluedogok
12/3/2008, 08:44 PM
He just an SEC stooge, notice everything that he wrote about had to do with the SEC.

Boomer Mooner
12/3/2008, 08:48 PM
I like this kind of stuff because I think it makes our guys play harder and Missouri is going to pay for it on Saturday.

That said, I think the third best team in the Big 12, aka the Texas Tittybabies, could hold their own with either of the top two SEC.
:pop:

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2008, 09:34 PM
As noted, Eubanks covers the SEC for Fox. I'm sure the target audience is SEC fans and hyping the game. Just his Fox paw (heh) of including TCU as a weak team shows he doesn't pay much attention to other conferences.

For all I know he could be right or dead wrong. There has been so little interaction between the big12 and SEC or common opponents, they may be playing on different levels (either way).

Crucifax Autumn
12/3/2008, 10:10 PM
Like I said yesterday, enough doosh for 2 people...

A TWOUCHE!!!

boomersooner28
12/3/2008, 11:46 PM
2 words....

WIN OUT

JLEW1818
12/3/2008, 11:48 PM
I want to be the underdog, I hope we our taken 10 points, whoever we play.

tbl
12/3/2008, 11:51 PM
That's it... all we have to do is win. Do that, and ALL of this crap is moot. Every bit of it.

I like all the media hating us and doubting us again. It worked in 2000...

yermom
12/4/2008, 12:00 AM
yeah, lets not mention that we also beat 4 ranked teams in scoring all those points

we scored less against Washington, Baylor and Chattanooga than we did against Tech and OSU

and he brings up TCU in he same breath as those other teams? does he watch college football?

imagine the meltdown if Texas were to sneak in with a Florida win

Crucifax Autumn
12/4/2008, 03:16 AM
He watches futbol!