PDA

View Full Version : So will Herbie/Brent/ABC remain "classy" & broadcast the game or

aurorasooner
12/3/2008, 05:50 PM
will they take the current ESPN low-class approach and constantly cheapen the game? Every CFB fan knows the 3-way tie situation, but unfortunately I just don't think Herbie & Musberger have the class of a Griese/Nessler crew to keep the broadcast on the game and I expect the 3 way tie situation won't even surface and it will portrayed as ESPN has basically done all week as a 2 way tie scenario while continually stirring the controversy pot.
...Does anyone know what the BBsr/Merv Sooner Broadcast situation is for this game? This is one game that Joe C should turn the Sooner radio stations with a 'net stream loose and try to sync the broadcast as close as possible with the OTA ABC stream. If the ABC broadcast gets too annoying, I'm going to try and find the stream if there's one available and mute the television audio irregardless of the sync problem.

1890MilesToNorman
12/3/2008, 05:55 PM
I'll bet OleVet's reputation they take the low class approach. :D

oudivesherpa
12/3/2008, 05:56 PM
You can expect a call from Mack at half time explaining why he should be in the BCS Championship game. Please.......

UTsucks
12/3/2008, 05:57 PM
TXESPN No chance of class :pop:

BoomerJack
12/3/2008, 06:02 PM
Of course they'll mention it. Bet the ranch on it.

I only hope that what ever conversations/comments there are are kept to a minimum. But I'm not optimistic.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2008, 06:09 PM
They would have to first become classy before they could remain classy.

No doubt they will discuss the tie-breaker, hopefully won't dwell on it once the game gets going. I'm wondering if Herbstreit will use the opportunity to push McCoy for the Heisman. He started last week a bit critical of Sam, but ended up with all praise after Sam was near perfect. But he started out saying "Sam had a slow start" not really mentioning that his first 3 passes were *dropped*, but were on target. Then he talked about Sam being rattled by OSU's shifting. On Sam's 3rd pass - the long one dropped by Iggy, he said it was a poor decision by Sam to throw into double coverage. Well, Iggy was behind *both* defenders, so they had blown their double coverage and Sam saw that and dropped the pass in there perfectly. Iggy should have caught it. Once the offense got on track and never punted again due to Sam hitting every 3rd down, Herbstreit had no more criticism.

Fraggle145
12/3/2008, 06:12 PM
It makes me feel Icky when you say Iggy.

cvsooner
12/3/2008, 07:39 PM
I can't help but wonder how the OSewe game might have been if Gresham hadn't dropped that first pass, and if Iglesias had caught that bomb, and if we'd have gotten the fumble we supposed to have gotten early in the second half. I think we'd have stomped 'em big time if things had gone that way. Punting the first three possessions and not stopping them on that first drive after halftime allowed 'em to keep up. Ah well...still a good game.

About this weekend...I don't care what Musberger and Herbstreit say. I don't like either one of them as sportscasters. And it doesn't matter what they say, frankly. Just keep it up, guys...our boys need to keep hearing about how Texas deserves to be in the Big 12 champeenship and the BCS champeenship and not us.

Fiatil
12/3/2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah I'm sort of dreading this telecast, over-under on how many times head to head is mentioned?

boomersoonr7xchamps
12/3/2008, 08:01 PM
Of course they'll mention it. Bet the ranch on it.

I only hope that what ever conversations/comments there are are kept to a minimum. But I'm not optimistic.

Oh you can bet they will mention it...and then Herbie will go on to talk about how Florida is the best team in the country and how he wants to have Tebow's baby....then Musbooger will butcher another name of some 2nd class pop diva, and then we will have to listen to Herbie talk about it for the next quarter....not that i am bitter

^*\~><~/*^
12/3/2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah I'm sort of dreading this telecast, over-under on how many times head to head is mentioned?
Drink every time it is mentioned

Fiatil
12/3/2008, 08:24 PM

Oh don't think I haven't thought of that. It's going to be a fun Saturday.

badger
12/3/2008, 08:27 PM
It depends on how close the game is. If the game sucks, then they're going to have to find other stuff to talk about, like the BCS for example. If the game is close, they'll probably bring up last year's fun involving the Sooners/Missouri rivalry of sorts and how those games came out. Perhaps they'll also mention the BCS snub of Mizzou last year.

For fending of bullshizzle purposes, I would prefer a closer game... but one that doesn't make us look like punks.

^*\~><~/*^
12/3/2008, 08:29 PM
Don't watch Game Day....you will be passed out before the game!

AlbqSooner
12/3/2008, 09:05 PM
I can't help but wonder how the OSewe game might have been if Gresham hadn't dropped that first pass, and if Iglesias had caught that bomb, and if we'd have gotten the fumble we supposed to have gotten early in the second half. I think we'd have stomped 'em big time if things had gone that way.

WTF Man?? We DID stomp 'em big time.:D

SOONER STEAKER
12/3/2008, 09:11 PM

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: I'm drinking just thinking about it. :D :D

mseaton
12/3/2008, 09:13 PM
Listen to Herbie , he agrees with Brent on everything, not just somethings but everything... a butt kisser he is. He has this job because Brent picked him. and is now about to screw it up.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2008, 09:14 PM
I can't help but wonder how the OSewe game might have been if Gresham hadn't dropped that first pass, and if Iglesias had caught that bomb, and if we'd have gotten the fumble we supposed to have gotten early in the second half. I think we'd have stomped 'em big time if things had gone that way. Punting the first three possessions and not stopping them on that first drive after halftime allowed 'em to keep up. Ah well...still a good game.

I thought about that after the game and how it might affect the BCS. The drops were our fault. But that missed fumble call was *huge*. That is our exact M.O. for winning games; relentless offense to turn up the heat and if we get a TO, our lead gets too big and they fall apart. That was the 2nd play of the half and we were up 8; if we make it 15 at that point, I think we put the game away in the 3rd. Big difference from having a 3pt game with 10 minutes to go. But the BCS came out fine (whew).

DenverSooner751
12/3/2008, 09:24 PM
How many times will Mushbooger say "shuttle" pass instead of "shovel" pass.

Brent is an @$$clown.

Sooner02
12/3/2008, 09:39 PM
They've about become my most hated announcers. I prefer the stocky guy and the dude that always finds a restaurant to eat in each town. They've been the best announcers by far in our games from ESPN.

PalmBeachSooner
12/3/2008, 09:47 PM
You can expect a call from Mack at half time explaining why he should be in the BCS Championship game. Please.......

I don't think Mack will stoop that low. At this point their only hope is that OU loses.

There's no doubt that ESPN takes the antagonist approach. It's way too easy to blow sunshine up OU's booty. They can generate more controversy by questioning our right to be where we are. You can;t blame them because they know they are simultaneously offering false hope while pissing off the rightful owner. I can't think of another network that plays on the emotions of their viewers than ESPN, but who can blame them? It works!

ouwasp
12/3/2008, 09:53 PM
The mute button is your friend...:)

bri
12/3/2008, 09:56 PM
Well, since Herbie has already referred to this game as "the JV bowl", I'm gonna say "no" to the question at hand.

GottaHavePride
12/3/2008, 10:18 PM
How many times will Mushbooger say "shuttle" pass instead of "shovel" pass.

Brent is an @$$clown.

Considering that I've heard it called the shuttle, shuffle, shovel, and Utah pass, that one doesn't really bother me.

DenverSooner751
12/3/2008, 10:31 PM
Considering that I've heard it called the shuttle, shuffle, shovel, and Utah pass, that one doesn't really bother me.

I've heard other commentators talk about how irratating it is when people call it anything other than shovel, but I get your point.

I guess it's one of those things that has many interchangeable names with similar/identical meanings.

Either way, it's just one more reason for me to be upset with Mushy.

Hot Rod
12/3/2008, 10:34 PM
I'm waiting for Herbie to still mispronounce Gresham.

DenverSooner751
12/3/2008, 10:47 PM
I'm waiting for Herbie to still mispronounce Gresham.

It's Grishum, according to him.

Partial Qualifier
12/3/2008, 10:53 PM
Indeed.

IMO, during the phone call with Mack in the middle of our game -- still can't believe ABC directors did that -- it seemed like Brent wanted to end it almost as soon as it started. Like he had a feeling it was poor timing. Maybe I'm wrong.

MichiganSooner
12/3/2008, 10:55 PM
I planning on making so much noise in that stadium that the only thing Mushburger and Herbie will be talking about is how loud the OU fans are and how dominant the team is.

Is it going to be loud in there or what?

Crimsontothecore
12/3/2008, 10:58 PM
If Sam and the boys come out of the gate on fire like i think they will, Brent and Herbie will be wise to keep their mouths shut or else they will look like total idiots.

bmjlr
12/3/2008, 11:13 PM
Here's an idea, how bout you all watch the game and not listen to the broadcast. Who cares what they say. Play something else on the radio. Here's one for starters..."we are the champions" by Queen. Just put it on repeat and you won't have to listen to their stupid a**es!!!

FirstandGoal
12/4/2008, 03:15 AM
Will they remain classy?

Remain???

Impossible to retain something that you already lost.

I think we all know how this is going to end. I'm more thankful than ever now that I will be inside and not having to listen to those f*cktards.

Sooner70
12/4/2008, 07:14 AM
Reminds me of when Keith Jackson had problems with those little Okla. towns OU players were from....OKMAH, vs Okema, etc. Oh well,

my like needle went down a bit with ESPN on all of this, especially Herbstreit. Very disappointing. These guys have kinda crossed the line from reporting the news to trying to make & guide the news. If this keeps up, watch for some especially acid & insightful comments from Bob Stoops directly to these guys to bring them back to the reality of what their jobs really are. Also, Bob is adept at turning these situations "us against the world" into a positive.

This "poorTexas" media fest is sickening & getting old. Thank goodness for the BCS Computers this year.

Okie35
12/4/2008, 08:09 AM
They've about become my most hated announcers. I prefer the stocky guy and the dude that always finds a restaurant to eat in each town. They've been the best announcers by far in our games from ESPN.

i have no idea why i just laughed at how you put that but yea those 2 are probably my fav. too ... they aren't biased...

Soonerus
12/4/2008, 08:23 AM
Nice thing about going to the game, I won't have to listen to those turds...

MrJimBeam
12/4/2008, 08:40 AM
I prefer the stocky guy

George Costanza is a play by play guy for ESPN?

SoonerJack
12/4/2008, 09:27 AM
Nice thing about going to the game, I won't have to listen to those turds...

YESSSSS

Theskipster
12/4/2008, 10:40 AM
Also, Bob is adept at turning these situations "us against the world" into a positive.

This "poorTexas" media fest is sickening & getting old. Thank goodness for the BCS Computers this year.

From reading some interviews with the players, all this "poorTexas" media fest is a good thing for Oklahoma. Our players have a real chip on their shoulders about this. They've believe that they have something to prove.

BermudaSooner
12/4/2008, 10:57 AM

Go to the game, that is my solution! ;)

TexasEx4OU
12/4/2008, 11:03 AM
Well, since Herbie has already referred to this game as "the JV bowl", I'm gonna say "no" to the question at hand.

I'll second this, particularly in light of the fact that GameDay will be in Atlanta for the SEC CCG. I'm guessing Herbie won't be in KC.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/4/2008, 11:03 AM

meaning Alabama and Fla are Varsity?

Sooner02
12/4/2008, 11:06 AM
From reading some interviews with the players, all this "poorTexas" media fest is a good thing for Oklahoma. Our players have a real chip on their shoulders about this. They've believe that they have something to prove.
After a week of hearing this, I'm not that concerned about this game. Considering how pissed I am, I can't imagine how the players feel. Then just think how pissed they will be after hearing this stuff for a month before the BCS national title game.

bri
12/4/2008, 01:50 PM
meaning Alabama and Fla are Varsity?

No, he was referring to how both teams have lost to poor, mighty Texas. Basically, he was sh*tting all over his network's prime-time game that he has to call. Yeah, that's smrt.