PDA

View Full Version : STEP's First Mock Draft

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2008, 05:09 PM
Mock Draft I worked up a while back. Obviously seeing as the post season stuff hasn't started in college, and there will be a shakeup in the draft order , its not worth much. Some names just thrown in that may or may not declare early..I had taken out Duke and Loadholt earlier but will probably be back in post combine....whatever..have fun.

#1 Detroit- Andre Smith
#2 Kansas City- Michael Johnson
#3 Cincy- Michael Oher
#4 St. Louis- Michael Crabtree
#5 Seattle- Eugene Monroe
#6 SF-Malcolm Jenkins
#7 Oakland-Brian Orakpo
#8 San Diego-Rey Maualuga
#9 Jacksonville-Vontae Davis
#10 Houston-Knowshon Moreno
#11 Cleveland-Terrence Cody
#12 Philly-Taylor Mays
#13 N.O.-Aaron Curry
#14 Green Bay-Chris Wells
#15 Minnesota-Matt Stafford
#16 Miami-George Selvie
#17 Denver-Peria Jerry
#18 Chicago-Jeremy Maclin
#19 Buffalo-Brandon Pettigrew
#20 Washington-Brian Cushing
#21 New England-Brandon Spikes
#22 Indianapolis-Mark Herzlich
#23 Detroit-Sam Bradford
#24 Baltimore- Darrius Heyward-Bey
#25 Atlanta-William Moore
#26 Arizona-Sergio Kindle
#27 Tampa Bay-Percy Harvin
#28 Pittsburgh-Victor Harris
#29 NY Jets-Josh Freeman
#30 Philly-Jermaine Gresham
#31 Tennessee-D.J. Moore
#32 NY Giants-Alphonso Smith

My Opinion Matters
12/3/2008, 05:40 PM
Even if Bradford were to declare, which he won't, number 23 overall is way, way too low.

My Opinion Matters
12/3/2008, 05:41 PM
And Matthew Stafford has 'Jeff George' written all over him.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2008, 05:41 PM
which team would take a qb earlier? besides minnesota?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2008, 05:43 PM
plus a mock is about where they'll be picked, not how they'll end up...

Jeff George was a #1 pick

My Opinion Matters
12/3/2008, 05:44 PM
which team would take a qb earlier? besides minnesota?

Detroit, Kansas City, Minnesota, Carolina, St. Louis, Seattle, San Francisco, Philadelphia...

My Opinion Matters
12/3/2008, 05:45 PM
plus a mock is about where they'll be picked, not how they'll end up...

Jeff George was a #1 pick

Oh, I know. That was meant more as a commentary on Matthew Stafford than your mock draft.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2008, 05:47 PM
yeah...He has impressed me at times, and then he has done some really dumb things also..But the NFL scouts are all over his jock

sooner518
12/3/2008, 06:16 PM
Pettigrew, he of 0 TD catches this season, over Gresham.....

longbeachjeff
12/3/2008, 06:48 PM
i mock your mock draft...

IBleedCrimson
12/3/2008, 06:55 PM
Philly and Minnesota would cut each others throat for sammy if he were to declare

SCxxSOONER
12/3/2008, 09:21 PM
There is absolutely NO way Bradford slips that far down the board. Minnesota would jump on him over Stafford probably. There are a handful of teams that would have picked Bradford before then.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2008, 09:29 AM
Pettigrew, he of 0 TD catches this season, over Gresham.....

How much do you think that matters to an NFL team?

NormanPride
12/4/2008, 10:27 AM
See, early in the process the great college players have high status. Then after the combine and individual workouts/interviews all the NFL teams become drunk on stats and measurables. Stafford has Sam beat in that category.

And Pettigrew is 10x the blocker that Gresham is.

Aries
12/4/2008, 10:27 AM
A) Mock drafts before the combine are worthless.
B) St. Louis will not take Crabtree, they have many many needs, of which WR is probably the least.
C) Neither will they take a QB, they have $65 million invested in Mark Bulger and will not invest top round money in another.

Don't know about any of the other teams listed, but I know the Rams well enough to be confident of those statements.

OUMallen
12/4/2008, 10:36 AM
Even if Bradford were to declare, which he won't, number 23 overall is way, way too low.

Think about how low Brady Quinn went...and he's starting this year. Sam could feasibly slip.

OUMallen
12/4/2008, 10:37 AM
B) St. Louis will not take Crabtree, they have many many needs, of which WR is probably the least.
C) Neither will they take a QB, they have $65 million invested in Mark Bulger and will not invest top round money in another.

Don't know about any of the other teams listed, but I know the Rams well enough to be confident of those statements.

Rams need OL and everything defense. They haven't been the same since Orlando Pace got old/hurt.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2008, 11:31 AM
Philly and Minnesota would cut each others throat for sammy if he were to declare

Philly probably isn't going after a quarterback. They are high on Kevin Kolb, the quarterback they drafted in the 2nd round. So far it looks when McNabb is done, he will step in..they probably will get a backup the FA route.

Stafford fits the Minnesota offense better IMO..

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2008, 11:33 AM

Hence the comment I made in my post about it not being worth much...

just discussion material

JLEW1818
12/4/2008, 12:09 PM
STEP, I'm a Houston fan, you think Texans go after another RB??? If our Quarterbacks didn't throw interceptions the texans would be a playoff team. It really bugs me,,,,, the DLINE is looking nice

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2008, 01:50 PM
I don't know that the Texans take a quarterback in the first unless they trade down a little and get something out of it...Slaton has had a great rookie year(I know...he's on several of my FF teams) but I'm not sure if he can handle a workload week after week...Ahmed Green is pretty much done.....

And Schaub was playing great until he got hurt

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2008, 01:51 PM
Ok not great but pretty well, especially the few weeks before the injury

stoops the eternal pimp
12/4/2008, 02:00 PM
Detroit, Kansas City, Minnesota, Carolina, St. Louis, Seattle, San Francisco, Philadelphia...

Detroit..Probably not..They signed Culpepper to a two year deal and Drew Stanton is somebody they are grooming right now as the possible guy for next year..they won't use a 1st pick on a quarterback..

Kansas City...Thigpen is their guy..I doubt they do...

Minnesota-I just think Stafford is a better fit to what they do...

St Louis-Has a lot of money already tied up at the qb position..doubtful

Seattle-maybe...

SF- probably not..

Philly- NO

JLEW1818
12/4/2008, 06:00 PM
AD may not like Stafford....hehe

SelmaBamaFan
12/4/2008, 06:26 PM
Texans fan eh? I dont watch anything that has anything to do with the NFL. I am curious though, hows Demeco doing this year?

JLEW1818
12/4/2008, 06:31 PM
Leading the team in Tackles. 20th in the league... Texans have future on defense.