PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech, Leach negotiating extension

oupride
12/3/2008, 04:42 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texastech-leach&prov=ap&type=lgns

47straight
12/3/2008, 05:05 PM
Take a free trip to Seattle, get a big raise.

Well played, Coach Leach!

OUinFLA
12/3/2008, 09:04 PM
today on one of the countless talking head shows some dimwit was talking comparable saleries at both places.
he said.....Tech will probably up the pirates salary to 2.5 Million, where as Washington might offer 3.5 Million. If that is so, Leach will have to take into account the "higher cost of living" in Washington and would probably consider the two salaries a wash.........

Holy Moly, you mean it costs a Million bucks more a year to live in Washington than it does in Lubbock?

Dang, for a Million bucks a year more then, I would think I could commute by commercial airlines daily from someplace cheaper to live.

Actually, I think the "talking head" was speaking out of his waste-by-product outlet hole.

Jacie
12/3/2008, 09:40 PM
Given the ambiance of a city such as Seattle compared to that of Lubbock would mean that there would have to be a million-dollar differential just to stay in Lubbock.

Instead of being a million bucks under Washington's offer to keep Leach, sand aggie would have pay a million dollars more than UDub for him to coach in West Texas.

It is either that or return to the Spike Dyke standard where 7-4, a third place conference finish and a trip to Shreveport were team goals.

On the other hand, a sudden change from a dry to a wet climate might kill Leach and his family and I mean that in a literal sense.

okiedokie
12/3/2008, 10:35 PM
I would like to see Leach at Tenn.