PDA

View Full Version : Chase Daniel is a punk....

rainiersooner
12/3/2008, 03:52 PM
I hope Travis Lewis knocks the snot out of him (and makes him eat it). That's all I've got to say on that.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/917502.html

ClintonSooner
12/3/2008, 04:02 PM
how is he a punk? he believes in his team... Anything to rally your team helps ya know. He wasnt disrespectful so how is he a punk or am I reading the article wrong?

SCxxSOONER
12/3/2008, 04:03 PM
I would LOVE to see Chase get knocked on his *** a couple times.

Sooner FLiP
12/3/2008, 04:03 PM
maybe after saturday Chase and Colt can both cry on the phone together.

HappyClappyMackBrown
12/3/2008, 04:09 PM
Why is he a punk again?

I went to high school with him, and the things that are said about him "arrogant, whinny etc" couldn't be further from the truth. Hes a competitor, and a hell of a QB who overachieves his ability level. I think OU will roll in this game and win by 21+. But if we take Daniel and the Tigers lightly, we could be in for more then we bargained for.

XFollower
12/3/2008, 04:14 PM
how is he a punk? he believes in his team... Anything to rally your team helps ya know. He wasnt disrespectful so how is he a punk or am I reading the article wrong?

You don't need an article to prove it, just look at his actions up until now.

rainiersooner
12/3/2008, 04:38 PM
Why is he a punk again?

I went to high school with him, and the things that are said about him "arrogant, whinny etc" couldn't be further from the truth. Hes a competitor, and a hell of a QB who overachieves his ability level. I think OU will roll in this game and win by 21+. But if we take Daniel and the Tigers lightly, we could be in for more then we bargained for.

The standard, universal response from college athletes when asked about their opponents is to politely praise them, while being humbly confident in your own team's ability. I kind of like it. It is a refreshing difference from the NFL. Colt McCoy, Zac Robinson, Graham Harrell, Sam Bradford, all do this. I think his response to the question about Oklahoma's players was "punk-like" and it exhibited a loutish arrogance that HAS YET TO BE BACKED UP ON THE FIELD against the Big XII's elite. I'm not taking them lightly and I think he's a very good QB. I just look forward to Travis Lewis knocking the snot out of him, so that he can whine after the game about how he had a sinus infection and thus wasn't playing his best game.

PS - congratulations on going to high school with him. I bet that was pretty neat.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/3/2008, 04:42 PM
He's a booger eater...'nuf said.

Knippz
12/3/2008, 04:44 PM
Why is he a punk again?

I completely agree that he said nothing wrong in that story.

However, he has still said and done some stupid things to damage his reputation. He will forever be made fun of here, due to the "Legend of Chase Daniel," and boogers.

josh09
12/3/2008, 04:46 PM
Remember when the girl reporter was talking about Daniel to the TV audience, and it accidentally came over the speakers in the stadium? Jeez, that was funny. I hope something like that happens again.

SoonerShark
12/3/2008, 05:00 PM
Remember when the girl reporter was talking about Daniel to the TV audience, and it accidentally came over the speakers in the stadium? Jeez, that was funny. I hope something like that happens again.

I somewhat remember that, but what was it that was said again?

MikeInNorman
12/3/2008, 05:07 PM
I hope Travis Lewis knocks the snot out of him (and makes him eat it). That's all I've got to say on that.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/917502.html

I don't think you'll have to make him eat it.

47straight
12/3/2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, these statements weren't necessarily punkish. There's plenty from last year to do the job.

oumartin
12/3/2008, 05:22 PM
He's a chubby booger eater who folds on the big stage.

rainiersooner
12/3/2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, these statements weren't necessarily punkish. There's plenty from last year to do the job.

OK - maybe this wasn't "head to head" punkishness. It was "body of work" punkishness. After evaluating his entire career, this article merely supported and gave greater credence to my general feeling that he is a punk, whom I want to see Travis Lewis knock senseless.

sooner518
12/3/2008, 06:03 PM
"We’re pulling for ourselves to win.”
I would sure hope so!!!!

Arlo Jones
12/3/2008, 06:41 PM
You Sooners seem obsessed with being disrespected. I guess that's worked for Bob, but it's comical from the outside looking in.

mustangsooner
12/3/2008, 07:19 PM
The standard, universal response from college athletes when asked about their opponents is to politely praise them, while being humbly confident in your own team's ability. I kind of like it. It is a refreshing difference from the NFL. Colt McCoy, Zac Robinson, Graham Harrell, Sam Bradford, all do this. I think his response to the question about Oklahoma's players was "punk-like" and it exhibited a loutish arrogance that HAS YET TO BE BACKED UP ON THE FIELD against the Big XII's elite. I'm not taking them lightly and I think he's a very good QB. I just look forward to Travis Lewis knocking the snot out of him, so that he can whine after the game about how he had a sinus infection and thus wasn't playing his best game.

PS - congratulations on going to high school with him. I bet that was pretty neat.

Now that right there is funny.

rainiersooner
12/3/2008, 07:36 PM
You Sooners seem obsessed with being disrespected. I guess that's worked for Bob, but it's comical from the outside looking in.

Thanks for playing Arlo, but nobody said anything about feeling disrespected.

Having said that, at least OU has achieved things worthy of respect...I was trying to find what year it was that the Tiggers won a Big XII championship (I'm assuming you're a Mizzou fan who has taken umbrage at our disdain for the legend that is Chase Daniels)...maybe you can help me out there? :pop:

Joe
12/3/2008, 08:38 PM
I somewhat remember that, but what was it that was said again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z9JyhQ6Ngc

Arlo Jones
12/3/2008, 08:46 PM
It's implied. How dare Daniel act confident when facing the almighty spooners.

ClintonSooner
12/3/2008, 08:53 PM
just stfu

Arlo Jones
12/3/2008, 09:34 PM
Sorry. Oklahoma is awesome.

http://missouritigers.com/images/oklahoma.jpg

SoonerBacker
12/3/2008, 09:36 PM
just stfu

Didn't get it the first time, huh?

A Sooner in Texas
12/3/2008, 09:38 PM
Sorry. Oklahoma is awesome.

http://missouritigers.com/images/oklahoma.jpg

What part of Joplin is that?

Arlo Jones
12/3/2008, 09:42 PM
That's somewhere in Oklahoma. The sign said something like See Blah Blah! with things to do. This was their center of commerce. Grabbed some Subway and got the hell back on the highway.

BigRedJed
12/3/2008, 09:42 PM
Bye.

85sooners
12/3/2008, 09:43 PM
:pop:

DenverSooner751
12/3/2008, 09:53 PM
Why is he a punk again?

Yes, because everything we say or do here on this board has a direct impact on the outcome of the game this weekend.

I agree with others on this thread that say there really isn't anything punkish, however I also agree that all athletes that have high visibility with the media tend to follow a somewhat unspoken code of humility, apparently one that is too difficult for Chase to understand.

I just love how he rolls his eyes and throws a temper tantrum wothy of a 5 year old anytime a play doesn't work. That is true class. I've seen Sam and Colt both be frustrated, but they know how to pick up the peices and get it done on the next play.

rainiersooner
12/4/2008, 03:25 AM
That's somewhere in Oklahoma. The sign said something like See Blah Blah! with things to do. This was their center of commerce. Grabbed some Subway and got the hell back on the highway.

Aaaah, I see. And this picture apparently has something to do with the state of Oklahoma, which in turn has something to do with Sooner football, which apparently is a brilliant and well thought out retort to my original thought that started this post...that Chase Daniel is a "punk."

Let me try to get this thread back on track. I should have spoken more clearly to begin with. I think Chase Daniel is a punk because he talks a big game - the talking heads buy into it and rave about his passion, and confidence, and leadership. But he consistently does not back this up on the field. Let's look at the games that mattered for Mizzou this year:

- Against OSU: The legend that is Chase Daniels was 39 for 52 with 1 touchdown and three interceptions. Said Daniel after the game:

"Put it all on me," Daniel said. "I should have made all three of those throws. It seemed like we were a little bit off all night. For the reason, I have no idea."

- Against Texas: UT went up 35 points on Mizzou. The legend that is Chase Daniel led five drives that led to punts in the first half; on the sixth drive Mizzou got a field goal out of it.

They squeezed by Baylor; they got beat by Kansas. I won't even go into the eggs Chase dropped against OU last year. This guy is a punk because he thinks talking a big game can make up for the fact that he can't cut it in the big game. And you can post as many pictures of parking lots as you want, and Chase will continue to lose the games that matter, while seducing the talking heads with great performances against Buffalo.

beer4me
12/4/2008, 07:44 AM
OK - maybe this wasn't "head to head" punkishness. It was "body of work" punkishness. After evaluating his entire career, this article merely supported and gave greater credence to my general feeling that he is a punk, whom I want to see Travis Lewis knock senseless.

IMO he is a punk because of many things not necessarily because of this article though.

You are right you have to take the whole body of work into account here.

But I am pretty confident that when the final BCS (Booger Clearing System) numbers come out they will show that he is a punk.