PDA

View Full Version : I TIVOed Storm Chasers based on comments here earlier...

TheHumanAlphabet
12/3/2008, 01:40 PM
I have to say that was a waste of 35 minutes (I had the fast forward on much of the time). As a documentary or Nova show, an hour great - as a series, not so. Some of the people came off as arrogant. I know some of you all know these people. But, boy did it bring back storm chasing memories.

The tornado pics were great. I remember talking like that. At least I got to show the Mrs. what I was doing when I was in college...

I do have to comment, the vehicles and equipment they are using are sure as hell a lot better than what we poor people had to drive. I remember driving around in broken down heaps, begging for money to fix the car befor ethe next outbreak and our only technology was a payphone into the radar room tech at NSSL along with NOAA Weather Radio.

Oh and the lone chase car with the tall blonde guy with the spiky hair cut and the dark haired guy running the camera and computers...They remind me so much of Brian Jewett and Lou Wicker. Oh and me, I would be the quiet guy in the back seat...;)

SoonerStormchaser
12/3/2008, 01:46 PM
Some of the people came off as arrogant.

Gee...who could that be?