PDA

View Full Version : Leach in Seattle talking to UW officials...

TheHumanAlphabet
12/3/2008, 12:19 PM
From the Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/6143711.html)

:gary:

Mile High Sooner
12/3/2008, 12:45 PM
Big Oil vs. Big Salmon
Who puts up more $$$

badger
12/3/2008, 12:49 PM
Washington seemed like a fun fanbase (aside from the little jabs at stealing their NBA team, tee hee) and I think they'd have fun with Mikey, even with their coastal elitism, lol.

Contract stipulations:

1- More pirate booty ($$$)
2- Make the Husky mascot sound or look more pirate like.
3- Have an official "party boat" off the stadium landing complete with Jolly Roger and touchdown cannon to fire after scores.
4- Under pending stadium redesign, allow Leach input on making things more quirky and "mad scientist" like to match his coaching style.

Anything else, guys?

frankensooner
12/3/2008, 12:54 PM
I heard it was really Vince Gill pretending to be Leach. Pretty funny if you ask me.

n8v_ndn
12/3/2008, 12:57 PM
He'll request to do a few weather reports from his shower to poke fun at the local situation.

He'll ask that the international waters boundary be moved in a couple of miles to take recruits on out-of-this world trips, complete with midget knife fights and ungodly things done to sea animals.

SoonerStormchaser
12/3/2008, 01:16 PM
and ungodly things done to sea animals.

Yay for clubbing baby seals!

badger
12/3/2008, 01:27 PM
He'll request to do a few weather reports from his shower to poke fun at the local situation.

I doodled this up quick... I realize he probably wouldn't wear a Tech shirt to do a Seattle weather report...

http://i36.tinypic.com/2nls7tl.jpg

Piware
12/3/2008, 01:32 PM
Hee Hee! I'll bet Pete Carroll senses impending doom if Leach takes the job. Oh horrors, USC having to play someone who can put together a perfectly frightening offense.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/3/2008, 01:37 PM
All he is doing is visiting Seattle, picking up a Starbucks, a new copy of Windows Vista, and coming back to Lubbock where Tech will be waiting for him with a huge fat check to outbid UW.

Bradford's Pinky
12/3/2008, 01:44 PM
nothing more but a way to get leverage for a Tech raise

TheHumanAlphabet
12/3/2008, 02:03 PM
All he is doing is visiting Seattle, picking up a Starbucks, a new copy of Windows Vista, and coming back to Lubbock where Tech will be waiting for him with a huge fat check to outbid UW.

You and Pinky are probably right...

Though there are lots of his religion in Washington. He could have a built in recruiting base...

Hot Rod
12/3/2008, 02:28 PM
I think Leach is tired of the bell clanging.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/3/2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks a lot...Can't get the long haired guys image out of my head now...;)

CurtisFagan
12/3/2008, 03:27 PM
I have a question and since I can't start my own thread I'll put it here. Why is Cincinnati playing 13 games this season? They have already played twelve games and have a game this weekend against Hawaii. All other teams in the Big East have only played eleven games with one remaining this weekend.

badger
12/3/2008, 03:43 PM
I have a question and since I can't start my own thread I'll put it here. Why is Cincinnati playing 13 games this season? They have already played twelve games and have a game this weekend against Hawaii. All other teams in the Big East have only played eleven games with one remaining this weekend.

My favorite answers from nit pickin' the massage boreds:

1- The 12-game regular season refers only to the continental U.S. and not Hawaii

2- They need the additional game to get their sixth win for bowl eligibility.