PDA

View Full Version : Firefox or IE ?

boomermagic
12/3/2008, 10:56 AM
Pros and cons ? Is firefox free to download ?

Thanks...

Fraggle145
12/3/2008, 10:58 AM
firefox is free. One of the main advantages is that less viruses are written for Firefox than IE. Even less for Safari. Both of these have better functionality than IE IMO.

boomermagic
12/3/2008, 10:59 AM
Do they all work equally well with XP or Vista ?

yermom
12/3/2008, 11:02 AM
Firefox is free and is what i use unless IE is required for some reason

IE is so integrated into the operating system is easier to install crap you don't want

you can download it here:

http://www.mozilla.com

(it's basically from the same people that brought you Netscape back in the day)

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2008, 11:03 AM
I was about to say Netscape 3.1 is da best

yermom
12/3/2008, 11:04 AM

they should all work with Vista, but i haven't used it much

with XP they all work

boomermagic
12/3/2008, 11:04 AM
Firefox is free and is what i use unless IE is required for some reason

IE is so integrated into the operating system is easier to install crap you don't want

you can download it here:

http://www.mozilla.com

(it's basically from the same people that brought you Netscape back in the day)

Does ANYONE still use netscape ? I had it on my old computer but never used it so finally i uninstalled it..

Fraggle145
12/3/2008, 11:06 AM

They do with XP. Not sure about Vista.

Vista sucks IMO, sucks resources away to do random windows crap. They say oh you can turn it off. my question is why did you ****ers turn it on in the first place? My second question is why do you hate processor power? ****ing virtual memory, RAM eating bull****.

yermom
12/3/2008, 11:07 AM
Nutscrape was good for a while, i switched to IE around when 5 came out

boomermagic
12/3/2008, 11:09 AM
They do with XP. Not sure about Vista.

Vista sucks IMO, sucks resources away to do random windows crap. They say oh you can turn it off. my question is why did you ****ers turn it on in the first place? My second question is why do you hate processor power? ****ing virtual memory, RAM eating bull****.

I have Vista what needs to be turned off ?

Fraggle145
12/3/2008, 11:13 AM
I have Vista what needs to be turned off ?

I'm just whining... like that big ****ing clock thing on the screen and the news thing and all that other bull****. Its not like mandatory that you do it, that **** just annoys me.

boomermagic
12/3/2008, 11:18 AM
I'm just whining... like that big ****ing clock thing on the screen and the news thing and all that other bull****. Its not like mandatory that you do it, that **** just annoys me.

Ok..:D

SoonerStormchaser
12/3/2008, 12:12 PM
Firefox is easier for me...cause it mostly blocks all the popups

soonerboomer93
12/3/2008, 12:17 PM

um, it's on there because well, people like it

that's why there's the google destop and **** like that

people like junk on their computer, just like the like crap cluttering up there garage

Veritas
12/3/2008, 12:18 PM
The Adblock Plus extension makes Firefox the big winner. Were it not for that, I'd say Google's Chrome is better than Firefox as a pure browser.

IE is at the very bottom of any pile.

Lott's Bandana
12/3/2008, 12:51 PM
IE is underneath any steaming pile.

I used Safari for Windows until the latest update which made it rilly, rilly unstable. Using FX and it seems to work fine, although the font seems washed out a bit.

Opera is good too, and I like the graphics (I'm using it as I type), but coincidently I got a virus yesterday on Opera that my CA nuked.

Jello Biafra
12/3/2008, 02:22 PM
Firefox is easier for me...cause it mostly blocks all the popups

and because us network nazis aren't smart enough to know how it is working yet...lol sites that are blocked in IE arent in firefox.....

(find a network friend SSC...hint hint... to get it installed)

firefox like a mofo!

Fraggle145
12/3/2008, 02:54 PM
um, it's on there because well, people like it

that's why there's the google destop and **** like that

people like junk on their computer, just like the like crap cluttering up there garage

MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE!!! [hairGel]