PDA

View Full Version : According to Mack Brown, head-to-head DOESN'T matter

Sooner98
12/3/2008, 12:35 AM
At least it didn't in 2006, when he voted Texas 15th, and Texas A&M 22nd the week AFTER his Longhorns lost to A&M, and despite the fact that they had identical 9-3 records:

http://blogs.chron.com/longhorns/2006/12/poll_breakdown.html

Longhorns = entitled hypocrites.
Water = wet.

(sorry if this has been posted already)

SoonerBorn68
12/3/2008, 12:40 AM
http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/farks2/babywhorn.jpg

sooner59
12/3/2008, 12:45 AM
Not

Suprised

At all.

Sooner1979
12/3/2008, 12:47 AM
Mack obviously didn't believe this was important then and so it shouldn't now...

http://www.kidzworld.com/img/upload/article/21976/a3343i0_Siamese-185.jpg

IBleedCrimson
12/3/2008, 12:52 AM
What!?!?! Hypocrisy from tejas? Next thing you'll tell me ESPN isn't a bastion of integrity and honesty in sports journalism:eek:

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2008, 12:55 AM
Post it on hornfans and watch them change the subject.

sooner59
12/3/2008, 01:15 AM
Post it on hornfans and watch them change the subject.

The subject would somehow change to Bob Stoops in exactly one post.

Soonerpsycho
12/3/2008, 01:18 AM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5819245&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=all

http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24014

47straight
12/3/2008, 02:25 AM
Post of the year.

Leroy Lizard
12/3/2008, 02:47 AM
Get a load of this gem:

I'll feel free to disagree with them, but I don't think it is inherently unfair given the nature and history of the poll system. I think circumstances change when it determines conference standings. I think pollsters should have certain duties when their vote makes a substantive change to the position of the team. Nothing about the poll was deciding A&M's future

Bwahahahaha!!! It's okay for Mack to screw over ATM if there is nothing riding on it.

I love the twists and turns they are employing to explain away Mack's prior screwjob of ATM.

Thesifer
12/3/2008, 03:04 AM
I don't understand why none of the Texas Fans understand that Bob Stoops gave up his vote. I keep seeing them say things like "Well what do you think Stoops voted his team this season?!" Uhmm.. He didn't vote them anything.. Mack Brown did though.

And one of them went a bit far with their picture of the "Toothless hicks" and "ugly children" and then putting a picture of Sam Bradford. So because he is Native American and not a white *** Texan, suddenly he looks retarded and inbred? Nice Texas Nice.

SoonerJack
12/3/2008, 09:02 AM
Excellent post, Sooner98.

1890MilesToNorman
12/3/2008, 09:11 AM
Has Mack Brown asked the governor to declare Austin a disaster area? FEMA might be able to send some disaster relief counselors down to help him cope with the situation.

stoopified
12/3/2008, 09:23 AM
Hell its no secret Whineybag only puts stock in head to head when it helps UT.Look how he completely disregards head to head with TT?His and national media rationale for this?TT was humiliated on National TV 65-21.Apparently however they forget OU was the one who whipped TT two weeks after TT beat the Puke Orange Cows.

cheezyq
12/3/2008, 09:38 AM
At least it didn't in 2006, when he voted Texas 15th, and Texas A&M 22nd the week AFTER his Longhorns lost to A&M, and despite the fact that they had identical 9-3 records:

http://blogs.chron.com/longhorns/2006/12/poll_breakdown.html

Longhorns = entitled hypocrites.
Water = wet.

(sorry if this has been posted already)

I would say that facts are like kryptonite to a shorthorn fan...but that's giving them way too much credit. Facts are more like strained carrots to a shorthorn fan. Just like any whining baby they shake their head no violently until they're forced to eat them, and not long after that they sh*t burnt orange.

SoonerStormchaser
12/3/2008, 09:43 AM
This one's the gem of the bunch:

Sweet Jesus tits dude. What did Stoops vote his team this week versus Texas? I doubt he had his team under Texas. You are turning into a ****ing ****** about this.
Man...that second thread is nothing but vile hatred...jeezuz people, it's just a game. Your lives go on whether or not Texass is in the CCG or not...

OUAlumni1990
12/3/2008, 09:43 AM
To the Longhorns, head-to-head only matters when their team wins. When the other team wins, it doesn't matter....Classic...

GrapevineSooner
12/3/2008, 09:56 AM
Mack was against using head to head as the sole decider before he was for it.

Blues1
12/3/2008, 10:07 AM
Qoute from this Page ---

• Texas A&M was left off two ballots. The Aggies' highest ranking was No. 16 by Troy's Larry Blakeney and Colorado's Dan Hawkins. Texas coach Mack Brown had A&M at No. 22, seven spots behind the Longhorns. We're guessing Mack wasn't at the final regular-season game.

Now there is Your Evidence......!!! --- :)

badger
12/3/2008, 10:08 AM
Our defense of OU getting to the Big 12 Championship is starting to get as annoying as the whorns whining about not being able to go.

We tied two teams for the South. We got lucky. I'm not complaining about being able to go, because it's awesome, but no need to further rub it in the faces of our co-South champions anymore. It's been three days now. Let's focus on Mizzou.

SoonerCPA
12/3/2008, 10:13 AM
I've been a lurker for a while (I guess just recently you had to register to view the boards) Additionally someone else may have already brought this up.

Something I would like to see get some national media attention, but know will get swept under the rug. Texas' argument is that they beat OU head to head, which is supported vehemently by the national media. Now consider this:

Flawed system or not, Oklahoma is going to represent the Big 12 south in the conference championship game. It is a forgone conclusion. If they win that means it will probably lead them to the national championship game, leaving an at large bid open for another Big 12 school. Now using the same argument Mack Brown and the national media has used against OU would certainly work against Texas as well. Shouldn't Tech be considered above Texas based on head to head for the at large bid to a BCS game?

If it’s so easy to throw out Texas Tech while comparing Oklahoma/Texas, why would it not be just as easy to remove OU from the TECH/TX argument as Oklahoma’s fate is already determined. In this situation based upon the same logic that Texas has used, Tech would get the nod and the other at large bid.

Paperclip
12/3/2008, 10:15 AM
Except that if you're in the top 4 of the BCS you can't be left out. It's the K-State rule. However, I see your point.

Blues1
12/3/2008, 10:16 AM
I've been a lurker for a while (I guess just recently you had to register to view the boards) Additionally someone else may have already brought this up.

Something I would like to see get some national media attention, but know will get swept under the rug. Texas' argument is that they beat OU head to head, which is supported vehemently by the national media. Now consider this:

Flawed system or not, Oklahoma is going to represent the Big 12 south in the conference championship game. It is a forgone conclusion. If they win that means it will probably lead them to the national championship game, leaving an at large bid open for another Big 12 school. Now using the same argument Mack Brown and the national media has used against OU would certainly work against Texas as well. Shouldn't Tech be considered above Texas based on head to head for the at large bid to a BCS game?

If it’s so easy to throw out Texas Tech while comparing Oklahoma/Texas, why would it not be just as easy to remove OU from the TECH/TX argument as Oklahoma’s fate is already determined. In this situation based upon the same logic that Texas has used, Tech would get the nod and the other at large bid.

Amen and Amen ....!!!!

OUAlumni1990
12/3/2008, 10:16 AM
Shouldn't Tech be considered above Texas based on head to head for the at large bid to a BCS game?
VERY good point, I agree 100%. Whats good for one team should be good for another....

sooner518
12/3/2008, 10:17 AM
that page at Hornfans.com is pretty hilarious. every post, they contradict themselves

TexasLidig8r
12/3/2008, 10:30 AM
Not to put a damper on the irrational "I Hate Texas" hatefest, but,

going into the game, aggy was unranked, Texas was ranked 11th. aggy's non-conference opponents were The Citadel, ULaLa, Army and Louisiana Tech.

aggy's body of work was considered.

Besides, what were two 9-3 teams competing for? The same bowl? Hardly. Bowls after the BCS bowls are flexible as to whom they take.

And.. Mack's ranking proved to be accurate since aggy got humiliated by Cal in their bowl game.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good innerweb lynching. :rolleyes:

The Maestro
12/3/2008, 10:40 AM
Hey, Lid...not sure you have been asked to do this yet, but leave Oklahoma out of it. Just rank the D-1 schools in Texas this year. TIA.

birddog
12/3/2008, 10:41 AM
so texas got beat by a team that got humiliated by cal? ok then.

Blues1
12/3/2008, 10:41 AM
You just hung yourself ---- "aggy's body of work was considered."

TexasLidig8r
12/3/2008, 10:49 AM
Hey, Lid...not sure you have been asked to do this yet, but leave Oklahoma out of it. Just rank the D-1 schools in Texas this year. TIA.

head to head or overall body of work?

If it's head to head then

1. Tech
2. Texas
3. TCU
4. Baylor
5. Rice
6. Houston
7. UTEP
8. aggy
9. SMU

If you consider the season as a whole and the total body of work then:

1. Texas
2. Tech
3. TCU
4. Rice
5. Baylor
6. Houston
7. UTEP
8. aggy
9. SMU

SoonerCPA
12/3/2008, 10:58 AM
Except that if you're in the top 4 of the BCS you can't be left out. It's the K-State rule. However, I see your point.

Paperclip, I understand what you are saying 100% and its a perfectly valid argument because of the rules in place. These same rules are what has OU is representing the South in the Big 12 Championship. Now the argument ESPN and the analysts are presenting is based upon opinion (basically throwing out the rules). In a similar situation if you were to throw out those rules for the at large bid, like Texas wanted to do for the CCG, it would only be fair to put Tech ahead of Texas. That’s the definition of a 3-way tie and something that’s getting completely overlooked, might I add only because OU throttled Tech so bad.

Now playing the devil’s advocate I could see Herbie from ESPN stating something ridiculous along the lines of it being won on a neutral field, to which I would like to crush his hopes and dreams by presenting how biased his flawed logic is by asking why Florida should be considered for the championship if they beat Alabama. Florida is the only team within discussions that’s lost a home game to an opponent.

mfosterftw
12/3/2008, 10:59 AM

Dou-ble stand-ard *clap clap clapclapclap*...

47straight
12/3/2008, 11:07 AM
Lid, you have basically said that body of work is an acceptable measure of ranking. You have abandoned the "45-35" spewfest.

Please inform fellow horn fans of these facts.

TexasLidig8r
12/3/2008, 11:15 AM
Lid, you have basically said that body of work is an acceptable measure of ranking. You have abandoned the "45-35" spewfest.

Please inform fellow horn fans of these facts.

No.. it's a combination of these factors.

Also, are we talking to get to a championship game... or ascertaining who a third place team is... ?

Each circumstance is unique.

badger
12/3/2008, 11:17 AM
Perhaps the AP will issue their own BCS-independent "Big 12 Champions" trophy to Texas to get in a round of practice this month in anticipation of crowning their own national champion in January?

...ok, that's as far as I'm going to go in furthering this. Really, it all has to go, because we need to concentrate on Mizzou RIGHT NOW, because if we don't beat Mizzou, we aren't going anywhere but the bowl annually reserved for Texas in San Diego.

You hear me? THE HOLIDAY BOWL! We are going to THE HOLIDAY BOWL if this doesn't stop NOW! Forget the BCS, the AP, the Harris, and everything for a moment, because unless we take care of Mizzou this weekend, WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE IN JANUARY. I'll say it again, THE HOLIDAY BOWL. Stop this OU-Texas crap, the game was over in October and my avatar/sig was over in November. I do not want OU anywhere but the championship game in January and THE HOLIDAY BOWL is all that awaits the Sooners if we don't stop this three-way-tie talk. HOLIDAY BOWL, PEOPLE!

Blues1
12/3/2008, 11:20 AM
"Each circumstance is unique."

The more you talk - The more you Hang Yourself...!

noobalicious
12/3/2008, 11:21 AM
lmao...beautiful badger

badger
12/3/2008, 11:24 AM
lmao...beautiful badger

I am going to re-iterate this to any new thread that doesn't "get it." :P

:mad: Seriously, though, Texas is the has-been foe. Mizzou is the this-week foe. I don't want to talk about Texas until two seconds AFTER the conclusion of the Big 12 championship.

One more time for good measure... HOLIDAY BOWL!

noobalicious
12/3/2008, 11:25 AM
One more time for good measure... HOLIDAY BOWL!

::shudder::

TexasLidig8r
12/3/2008, 11:25 AM
"Each circumstance is unique."

The more you talk - The more you Hang Yourself...!

Or the more you don't understand. Shall I try to use only monosyllabic words? Or is it you're so completely unable to muster up any sort of objectivity that it would be a waste of time?

The Maestro
12/3/2008, 11:26 AM
I don't play football so it doesn't matter who I focus on.

Right now I am focused on the fact I got lid to use the body of work argument. I feel like Tom Cruise in "A Few Good Men" or that one horn feller in "A Time To Kill"!

Blues1
badger - Calm Down --- Our Players are NOT tallking this Junk -- Only us Fans and the media -- And the more "The Media" brings it up - The more Our Sooners will be Ready to Rock This Saturday Night.

The Sooners Will Rock This Saturday..... :)

MojoRisen
That was a great nuget of facts for Mack - How in the hell could he vote Texas above A&M with head to head and equal record... Please send to ESPN Pundits

Pretty soon he would be saying I didn't inhale - I wished he would just admit to hitting the bong....

Blues1
12/3/2008, 11:31 AM
"Or is it you're so completely unable to muster up any sort of objectivity that it would be a waste of time?"

It is a WASTE of your Time --- Get Over it - Enjoy your Bowl and Win, Because IF you lose..? ---> In January The Sport Headlines Will Read.....

"The BCS Was Right"

fwsooner22
12/3/2008, 11:31 AM
Who is that always claims we are cry babies and conspiracy theorists?......My god nobody cries more than Longhorns....get over yourself....it didn't work out for you.....You lost to TECH and they really aren't that good.......THAT COUNTS....the system was put in place a long time ago....fix it for next time if ya like....BUT SHUT UP already

BoonesFarmSooner
12/3/2008, 11:39 AM
hornfans.com trying to justify that UT should've been ranked higher than aggy. Essentially the body of work argument, but without saying it.

orangebloods just throwing around curse words and pictures.

I don't think whorns are understanding the underlying issue. All we are pointing out is that Mack is a freaking hypocrite. It doesn't matter if the teams have 1 loss or 3. It was settled on the field. Remember?

Too freaking funny!

MojoRisen
12/3/2008, 11:49 AM
I did not have sexual relations with that girl....

By the way please define sexual relation as it is read in the dictionary- I only poked it with a Cigar.... Also 2 Jimmeys don't count either...

47straight
12/3/2008, 11:52 AM

Also, are we talking to get to a championship game... or ascertaining who a third place team is... ?

Each circumstance is unique.

Lid, I'd be happy with *any* discourse more sophisticated than the OMFG HEAD-TO-HEAD HEAD-TO-HEAD NUFF SAID NAH NAH NAH NOT LISTENING TO YOU garbage. Because that's all I am getting down here.

Maybe Mack can reflect on his thoughts and feelings from that time to figure out how to "explain to our kids" why they lost the tiebreakers. It's that kind of hyperbole, from those who know damn well better, that is what is ruffling the feathers of the sooners on here. Sure they've got an argument. So do two other teams. Sure people will disagree as to which argument is convincing. But this haughty and childish crap about just screaming a single talking point over and over and over and that there is no possible explanation for why you are wrong is really embarassing.

Mack's little vote in 2006 is the antidote to this stuff. And today, I'm happier than a pig in slop.

Blues1
12/3/2008, 11:55 AM
"Mack's little vote in 2006 is the antidote to this stuff. And today, I'm happier than a pig in slop."

Now you are Talkin' Brother....!!!!

Amen and AMEN ---- BOOMER -----

badger
12/3/2008, 12:01 PM
badger - Calm Down --- Our Players are NOT tallking this Junk -- Only us Fans and the media -- And the more "The Media" brings it up - The more Our Sooners will be Ready to Rock This Saturday Night.

The Sooners Will Rock This Saturday..... :)

yes, i know :P but this texas talk is getting old. I mean, I was sick of Texas one week after avatar hell and now that I'm finally not a daily reminder of texas, everyone else.

Thus, I feel obliged to help everyone else relinquish their clinging to texas by threatening them with the lowest common denominator: The Holiday Bowl.

The Holiday Bowl is the punchline we use whenever we want to feel superior to Texas. Whenever someone brings up that we can't win a BCS game, we bring up the Holiday Bowl. When somebody from south of the Red River says that our coach is no longer "Big Game Bob," we can just point their bus in the direction of San Diego. When our Big 12 trophies and all of our other accomplishments never seem to be enough to shut the whorns up, all we have to do is mention "Pacific Life..." and before we can finish the bowl's name they're screaming and running in the opposite direction.

Now then, do we want to be subjected to our own punchline, or do we want another crystal ball? If we want a crystal ball, the fan focus should be on Mizzou, not on the lesser-of-three-equals :D

Blues1
12/3/2008, 12:07 PM
yes, i know :P but this texas talk is getting old. I mean, I was sick of Texas one week after avatar hell and now that I'm finally not a daily reminder of texas, everyone else.

Thus, I feel obliged to help everyone else relinquish their clinging to texas by threatening them with the lowest common denominator: The Holiday Bowl.

The Holiday Bowl is the punchline we use whenever we want to feel superior to Texas. Whenever someone brings up that we can't win a BCS game, we bring up the Holiday Bowl. When somebody from south of the Red River says that our coach is no longer "Big Game Bob," we can just point their bus in the direction of San Diego. When our Big 12 trophies and all of our other accomplishments never seem to be enough to shut the whorns up, all we have to do is mention "Pacific Life..." and before we can finish the bowl's name they're screaming and running in the opposite direction.

Now then, do we want to be subjected to our own punchline, or do we want another crystal ball? If we want a crystal ball, the fan focus should be on Mizzou, not on the lesser-of-three-equals :D

I understand -- It has come to My Mind as well - I just know after following "OUR SOONERS" for 55 Years -- "I got a One Great Feeling our Show has Just Begun" ---- They Ain't See Nothin' Yet....!!!! ---- :D

47straight
12/3/2008, 12:11 PM

I can only hope Stoops is using all this stuff as motivation to the players to give them a chip on their shoulders to work their asses off this week in practice to get ready.

TexasLidig8r
12/3/2008, 12:18 PM
Badger.. your blathering about the Holiday Bowl is very ironic in that it seems it is the only bowl a Bob Stoops coached team is capable of winning.

If Venables doesn't find a way to slow down Florida, you will be looking at a Zero for the Second Bush Administration Bowl Record...

And the media hounds will be howling for blood.

Blues1
12/3/2008, 12:21 PM
If Venables doesn't find a way to slow down Florida, you will be looking at a Zero for the Second Bush Administration Bowl Record...

It very well could be Texas and you facing Florida in Some Minor BCS Bowl --- :)

badger
12/3/2008, 12:22 PM
Badger.. your blathering about the Holiday Bowl is very ironic in that it seems it is the only bowl a Bob Stoops coached team is capable of winning.

Liddo, your blathering about my blathering about the Holiday Bowl is very ironic in that it seems it is the only bowl a Mack Brown coached team is capable of getting to.

If OMG TEH AW3SUM COACH Will Muschamp doesn't find a way to change this trend when he takes over Texas, you will be looking at ZERO Big 12 championships for the Second "Great Recruits, No Championships, Oklahoma's Beyonce" Administration Whorn Record.

Stitch Face
12/3/2008, 12:43 PM
Honestly, it's getting to be old news. We're going to KC. They're not. Big surprise since it works out this way almost every year. Move on.

"Oklahoma can't win bowls!" Yeah, that's frustrating when you have a string of disappointments, but when you play at a higher level you tend to lose a bit more as well. Things will even out. Besides, OU and texas don't play in the same bowls each year so it's hard to talk smack and make comparisons based on the postseason. We do, however, play in the same conference every year and OU almost always wins that. So we should just accept the way it is and look forward to watching the game on Saturday.

badger
12/3/2008, 12:45 PM
:P Oh look, no whorn rebuttal like always whenever I bring the inconvenient truth up to Lid.

THE MYTH: Texas is superior to OU because they can win their bowl games, unlike the Sooners and their so-called "Big Game Bob."

THE TRUTH: Texas can only win the bowl games OU is undefeated in under Bob Stoops. These bowls include the Rose, Holiday and Cotton, all of which Bob Stoops and the Sooners have NEVER lost under his leadership.

Texas can poke fun at Stoops and Sooners' bowl record when they play in the same bowls we do. Until then, keep touting your subpar bowl record. Even OSU can beat "Play 13" Indiana in their crappy bowl.

deweydw
12/3/2008, 01:11 PM
A similar situation happed in HS football in our district this year. Three teams had the same district record. But only one could get into the playoffs.

Team A beat team B. Team B beat team C. Team C beat team A.

Which team got into the playoffs?

If you said team B. You are correct. Head to Head didn't matter for A and B.

TexasLidig8r
12/3/2008, 01:28 PM
:P Oh look, no whorn rebuttal like always whenever I bring the inconvenient truth up to Lid.

THE MYTH: Texas is superior to OU because they can win their bowl games, unlike the Sooners and their so-called "Big Game Bob."

THE TRUTH: Texas can only win the bowl games OU is undefeated in under Bob Stoops. These bowls include the Rose, Holiday and Cotton, all of which Bob Stoops and the Sooners have NEVER lost under his leadership.

Texas can poke fun at Stoops and Sooners' bowl record when they play in the same bowls we do. Until then, keep touting your subpar bowl record. Even OSU can beat "Play 13" Indiana in their crappy bowl.

How many BCS games has Stoops won?
How many BCS games has Mack won?
How many BCS games has Stoops lost when OU was favored?
How many BCS games has Mack lost when Texas was favored?
How many BCS games has Stoop won when OU was the underdog?
How many BCS games has Mack won with Texas was the underdog?
How many times has a Stoops coached team humiliated itself and the conference in a BCS game?
How many times has a Mack coached team humiliated itself and the conference in a BCS game?

With your defense playing incredibly average at best, and with your special teams being horrendous, besides "oh boy, whoopie.. boomer sooner" do you care to set forth intelligent, cogent reasons why you believe OU will defeat Florida in the MNC?

badger
12/3/2008, 01:33 PM
How many BCS games has Stoops won?
How many BCS games has Mack won?
How many BCS games has Stoops lost when OU was favored?
How many BCS games has Mack lost when Texas was favored?
How many BCS games has Stoop won when OU was the underdog?
How many BCS games has Mack won with Texas was the underdog?
How many times has a Stoops coached team humiliated itself and the conference in a BCS game?
How many times has a Mack coached team humiliated itself and the conference in a BCS game?

With your defense playing incredibly average at best, and with your special teams being horrendous, besides "oh boy, whoopie.. boomer sooner" do you care to set forth intelligent, cogent reasons why you believe OU will defeat Florida in the MNC?

For a fan hating on the BCS a lot lately, you sure mention the BCS a lot, Liddo :P

Besides, you're dodging the issue. I'm saying that our comparable record in comparable games is quite comparable. I have made no mention of Florida (I think Bammer will win the SEC), nor our defense, nor our special teams. Also, you've said the phrase "Boomer Sooner" more than I have all day on here, so you best be turning in your whorn card before stepping foot on whornfans.com later today :D

Now... do excuse me. Unlike you and your team's limitless time to whine all week, we Sooners have a championship game to prepare for.

Also, for the record, suffering for two months with a whorn avvie/sig is all worthwhile now. Just had to go and lose to Tech, didn't ya? :D:D:D

Stitch Face
12/3/2008, 01:48 PM
Seriously, this whole debacle is about winning the Big XII South. And despite all circumstances, it's us. AGAIN. That's almost hard to believe and impossible not to feel good about. Texas fans and coaches and sportscasters are going to whine. You can't blame them after losing the conference nearly every year.

Texas looked unstoppable at mid-season and now they're, what, third in the Big XII after we win the tie breaker and Tech holds the win over them? Tech has their best season in...EVAR...and they're second best in their division. OSU sets out to finally win it, bracelets and all, and after hosting us at their shiny new half-filled stadium they're knocked down to fourth (FOURTH! Like always!) in the South.

The Sooners are wicked, I tell you. Remember Chris Weinke? Remember Seneca Wallace and Chris Simms and Chase Daniel? The media hates us because we don't make feel-good stories. We destroy dreams. We become some Heisman Hpopeful's nightmare. We ruin seasons and go to the big show and half the time we blow that and - GUESS WHAT? - we're just as good and back in the top of the BCS next year. Bob Stoops uses Big XII trophies to prop up the head of his bed when he has indigestion from eating other coaches' title hopes. And after another crazy season we're going to KC and maybe the Orange Bowl. AGAIN. Let's knock off the has-been horn talk and move on.

Boomer Sooner.

ruf/nekdad
12/3/2008, 02:00 PM
What he ^ said.

bmjlr
12/3/2008, 02:47 PM
Mack Brown is a joke.

soonerboomer93
12/3/2008, 03:14 PM

We've already won a bowl game during the Second Bush Administration.

But hey, you're a lawyer and horn, what do you care about facts.

TMcGee86
12/3/2008, 03:20 PM
Not to put a damper on the irrational "I Hate Texas" hatefest, but,

going into the game, aggy was unranked, Texas was ranked 11th. aggy's non-conference opponents were The Citadel, ULaLa, Army and Louisiana Tech.

aggy's body of work was considered.

Besides, what were two 9-3 teams competing for? The same bowl? Hardly. Bowls after the BCS bowls are flexible as to whom they take.

And.. Mack's ranking proved to be accurate since aggy got humiliated by Cal in their bowl game.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good innerweb lynching. :rolleyes:

Body of work????

:mack: IT WAS SETTLED ON TEH FIELD!!!1!!1

BoonesFarmSooner
12/3/2008, 03:24 PM
For those who may fail to understand this, I'll try to keep it simple.

Beating teams in BCS bowl games is a little more difficult than beating 6-6 Iowa in the Alamo Bowl.

Apples, meet Oranges.

TMcGee86
12/3/2008, 03:25 PM

In the years where Head-to-Head favors UT, then it should be the deciding factor.

In the years where Body-of-Word favors UT, then it should be the deciding factor.

Got it. Thanks. :D ;)