Lott's Bandana
12/3/2008, 12:17 AM
Paraphrasing...

"It's over, we're moving on."

"Preparing for our bowl game."

"Still have a chance but wherever we are we need to be prepared."

"We knew what the rule was going in...it is what it is."

"We didn't take care of business like we should of."

This was a phone interview aired on Sportscenter. He sounded sincere and pretty level-headed. I was frankly.....impressed.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
12/3/2008, 12:19 AM
Colt is a good kid. He's a great student athlete and always seems to be well-spoken in interviews. Complete opposite of VY. With that said, I am glad we have Sam.

sooner59
12/3/2008, 12:22 AM
If he gets it, then he is a pretty smart and level-headed guy in my book. I don't like him, but he has to do alot for the whorns to get them to win some games. He plays hard, so I respect him for that. But he is still a little girl for taking falls in order to get late hit flags. He will always be Cart McCry to me.

PDXsooner
12/3/2008, 12:39 AM
colt's a good kid, regardless of these comments. he's gonna have a great time in the fiesta bowl playing utah....ha ha ha

44BluesExplosion
12/3/2008, 12:39 AM
But he is still a little girl for taking falls in order to get late hit flags.

And our punter is tough.

sooner59
12/3/2008, 12:49 AM
And our punter is tough.

Well at least he looked faster on his fake punt than your running back did all year.

Crucifax Autumn
12/3/2008, 12:56 AM
He's a pansy anyway, just not as much so as the typical texass fan.

Collier11
12/3/2008, 01:09 AM
Not surprising to me, Colt is a good and classy guy. Pretty much everyone but the media and the crazy message board posters realize this isnt OU's fault and realize that someone was going to get the shaft.

rainiersooner
12/3/2008, 01:17 AM
I got no problem with Colt McCoy (other than the stage name his parents gave him, but I digress). In fact, he's the first Longhorn QB I've said that about since...well, I don't know when. I hope he gets the Fiesta Bowl MVP. :)

47straight
12/3/2008, 01:57 AM
And our punter is tough.

Soccer player v. "tough qb full of grit" (allegedly)

Jacie
12/3/2008, 07:02 AM
He's a legend in his own time and can't go pro soon enough for me.

sendbaht
12/3/2008, 07:21 AM
Yes McCoy is a good kid and I look (fingers crossed) forward to him watching him play next season on Sundays.:)

ruf/nekdad
12/3/2008, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by 44BluesExplosion;
And our punter is tough.

Well at least he looked faster on his fake punt than your running back did all year.

You may have misinterpreted his post.
44, Smiley faces are you friends.

fossil
12/3/2008, 09:28 AM
If he gets it, then he is a pretty smart and level-headed guy in my book. I don't like him, but he has to do alot for the whorns to get them to win some games. He plays hard, so I respect him for that. But he is still a little girl for taking falls in order to get late hit flags. He will always be Cart McCry to me.

:confused: Martellus, zatchu????

Okieflyer
12/3/2008, 09:49 AM
Being a Texas hater, I have to say this. Texas got screwed!

Bottom line. But did they get screwed by the BCS, no. They got screwed by the University presidents that don't want a playoff. Texas Tech, Texas and OU all had a gripe. I am happy to see McCoy had enough class to say the one thing you don't hear anyone on ESPN say. That they knew the system before hand. I know it would suck being on the other end. But I had already thought before the poll that "what can you do, the Sooners lost to Texas". In this day and age you better win every game, or hope.

There will not be a playoff, no matter how much the talking heads want it. The bottom line is MONEY! They get a lot more money with the system the way it is. Thankfully the NFL didn't start out with a bowl system.

Am I happy Texas got screwed for OU's benefit? YES!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2008, 09:59 AM
I m not surprised..Colt McCoy has always shown to be a class act...Much like Major Applewhite

instigator
12/3/2008, 10:00 AM
I heard this on ESPN yesterday and wanted to comment on how classy Colt sounded. I would expect the players to be more emotional than anyone, but he came across as level headed and reasonable. Good kid.

OKC-SLC
12/3/2008, 10:12 AM
I like C. McCoy, and if he were our QB I'd be proud as heck of the way he plays and represents his university. Yeah, he flopped a bit in the OU/TX game, but that's gamesmanship, and this kid is a gamer.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but for the first time in a long time I don't feel like there could be a bad winner of the Heisman (McCoy, Bradford, or even Tebow who is a hell of a player--we may find out next month--and a good guy).

Collier11
12/3/2008, 10:14 AM
I want it to be Sammy B but if Mccoy wins it, I will be ok with that

OUMallen
12/3/2008, 10:19 AM
Good kid, good athlete.

OUAlumni1990
12/3/2008, 10:19 AM
Colt is a great sportsman. The kid has class. Too bad he chose the wrong school....

southern sooner
12/3/2008, 10:22 AM
he seems like a good kid, kinda just a good old country boy.. i dont see how he fits in at texass!!

bluedogok
12/3/2008, 10:34 AM
It doesn't surprise me, he has always seemed to be a good guy (I refrain from using "kid" since Mack has beat that one to death) and pretty much has always said/done things to exhibit that quality. People that I know who have had contact with him around the program say the same thing and most of them are not Whorns. I'll root for him to do well on Sundays if he makes it in the NFL.

He seems to have been more of an "adult" than Mack in his response to this. He flat came out and said that if they had beat Tech they wouldn't be in this situation and alluded to the fact that it is their responsibility that they didn't make it to the CCG.

IronHorseSooner
12/3/2008, 11:56 AM
I like C. McCoy, and if he were our QB I'd be proud as heck of the way he plays and represents his university. Yeah, he flopped a bit in the OU/TX game, but that's gamesmanship, and this kid is a gamer.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but for the first time in a long time I don't feel like there could be a bad winner of the Heisman (McCoy, Bradford, or even Tebow who is a hell of a player--we may find out next month--and a good guy).

My thoughts exactly. All are fine young men who represent their programs, schools, and states well. The future of pro football will be safe in their hands. Hats off to all of them....That being said, I wish his school had half the class he has.

StoopTroup
12/3/2008, 12:06 PM
Statement was purely for Heisman Voters IMO.

tulsaoilerfan
12/4/2008, 12:07 AM
Come on people, get off Colt's jockstrap right now!!

daddywarbucks
12/4/2008, 12:46 AM
Colt is a great sportsman. The kid has class. Too bad he chose the wrong school....

There is just something about those colors that turns my stomach..no accounting for the boys taste..HEY !! MAYBE HES COLOR BLIND!!

BigRedJed
12/4/2008, 12:58 AM
Good kid/athlete aside, Colt McCoy can suck a nut.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/4/2008, 12:59 AM
Paraphrasing...

"It's over, we're moving on except for Coach who keeps trying to make out with me."

"Preparing for our bowl game by duct taping our buttcheeks together."

"Still have a chance but wherever we are we need to be prepared for Mack to try and sodomize us as he claps, spits, and tries to kiss our faces like we're all a bunch of Vince Youngs."

"We knew what the rule was going in...it is what it is and what it is is pretty frickin' creepy and gay."

"We didn't take care of business like we should of, but through Coach Brown's rectal comeuppance, we look forward to the future."

This was a phone interview aired on Sportscenter. He sounded sincere and pretty level-headed. I was frankly.....impressed.

Fixed for the UNEDITED interview.

Crucifax Autumn
12/4/2008, 03:15 AM
Acrew him either way...good, bad, ugly, stupid...who cares? He's a friggin' shorthorn and unless he starts making kick-*** hot links he's not gonna get the tyler rose "pass" from me!

Sooner70
12/4/2008, 07:07 AM
Seems to me the players from both OU & Texas, have responded to this thing much better than some of the fans.

SoonerRedHead
12/4/2008, 07:33 AM
Statement was purely for Heisman Voters IMO.

Politics 101! I was just getting ready to post this when I finally found a post where someone smelled the Heisman lust buried under the huge pile the horse manure.:texan:

boomermagic
12/4/2008, 09:39 AM
I think most of us agree.. Colt is class.. He is a winner and I wish him the best in the nfl.. NEXT SEASON COLT>>>:D

A-M
12/4/2008, 11:31 AM
He may be a good guy, according to ESPN this a.m., he has been giving Chase D. idean on how to beat OU. He's still doing everything he can to see that his UT gets to the big game.

Collier11
12/4/2008, 12:00 PM
im pretty sure that Mizzou coaches have given Chase ideas on how to beat OU, none of those have worked either

tommieharris91
12/4/2008, 12:06 PM
im pretty sure that Mizzou coaches have given Chase ideas on how to beat OU, none of those have worked either

ESPN says Colty and Chase Daniel talk to each other every night...

soonerpike697
12/4/2008, 12:40 PM
Paraphrasing...

"It's over, we're moving on."

"Preparing for our bowl game."

"Still have a chance but wherever we are we need to be prepared."

"We knew what the rule was going in...it is what it is."

"We didn't take care of business like we should of."

Those last two quotes really impress me. I agree though everyone knows at the beginning of the season what has to be done to get into the BCS, once you lose a game you are at the mercy of a computer. Good for him to be a good sport about it, I'd be interested to see how are players would have reacted...

olevetonahill
12/4/2008, 12:47 PM
Good kid, good athlete.

But hes a :texan: so he can suck a big one .
jes sayin

bluedogok
12/4/2008, 12:54 PM
He may be a good guy, according to ESPN this a.m., he has been giving Chase D. idean on how to beat OU. He's still doing everything he can to see that his UT gets to the big game.
So, I wouldn't expect anything less from one of ours. If we play Florida, you don't think Stoops would talk some to Spurrier about what might work against them? Don't you think he and Spurrier had some discussion prior to the Florida State Orange Bowl game? If players know each other, they would be doing the exact same thing. Nothing wrong with it, you use any advantage that you can come up with.

shaun4411
12/4/2008, 12:55 PM
gerald mccoy > colt mccoy