PDA

View Full Version : I Never Want to Lose, But in 2009....

sooner59
12/2/2008, 10:35 PM
Don't get me wrong. I absolutely DO NOT want to lose a single game next year. But if we do....I hope it is not Texas. I hope it is to someone else who loses to Texas in the South and wins the rest of its games.

In that situation, I would hope Texas got its wish and and Big 12 changed the 3-way tie to how the SEC does it and the lowest ranked team is thrown out and the top 2 are judged head to head. I want Texas ranked #2 and us #3 and we are chosen to go to the CCG because Texas didn't like the BCS choosing the South Champ in 2008. In the CCG, we beat a solid (if thats possible) North team and hop Texas on our way to the MNC.

The perfect season is an undefeated one, but if we had a loss, this would is how I would want it to go. Then what would they say? Heh. :pop:

southern sooner
12/2/2008, 11:01 PM
lol - good stuff "IF" WE LOSE NEXT YEAR... I dont think we will lose next yr...Sammy back!!!!

StanberryWasIn
12/2/2008, 11:02 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing today. The irony would be delicious.

Soonerfan85
12/2/2008, 11:15 PM
PURE

EVIL !

I

Love

It. :D

PLaw
12/2/2008, 11:51 PM
Don't get me wrong. I absolutely DO NOT want to lose a single game next year. But if we do....I hope it is not Texas. I hope it is to someone else who loses to Texas in the South and wins the rest of its games.

In that situation, I would hope Texas got its wish and and Big 12 changed the 3-way tie to how the SEC does it and the lowest ranked team is thrown out and the top 2 are judged head to head. I want Texas ranked #2 and us #3 and we are chosen to go to the CCG because Texas didn't like the BCS choosing the South Champ in 2008. In the CCG, we beat a solid (if thats possible) North team and hop Texas on our way to the MNC.

The perfect season is an undefeated one, but if we had a loss, this would is how I would want it to go. Then what would they say? Heh. :pop:

Yeah, I'm hoping to see the SOONERS do some serious *** whipping next year in the Cotton Bowl.

This could tee-up like 2000. Mack really didn't give OU any props after the 1999 t-sip victory and we know what happened in 2000. Now, here goes mack again showing is *** to the world and I feel pretty confident it has not been lost on Bob.

That's one game I would really like to see us run up the score in a good way - Sammy throwing 40 yard strikes late into the 4th.

BOOMER

En_Fuego
12/3/2008, 12:26 AM
Our concerns next year will be ...........lOSUr

sooner59
12/3/2008, 12:29 AM
Our concerns next year will be ...........lOSUr

In Norman, BTW. Just saying. Less worried now.

yermom
12/3/2008, 01:55 AM
how about @Miami and Tech

@ Nebraska as well

sooner59
12/3/2008, 02:28 AM
how about @Miami and Tech

@ Nebraska as well

As of right now, we still don't know if we even "get" to play @ Miami since they sold out the stadium that day. Regardless, im not too worried about Bob vs Randy Shannon. Tech w/ Leach is respectable and daunting....Tech w/o Leach is not that intimidating. At Nebraska seems like a good game, but it reminds me more of the 2005 game than the 2001 game. I think we pull that out. But you have a good point. Things happen when you play in other teams' stadiums. Anything could happen but im optimistic.

Thesifer
12/3/2008, 03:09 AM
Who will be the QB at TTech next year? Harrell is a Senior right ?

sooner59
12/3/2008, 03:38 AM
Yep, Harrell is gone. Time for the next system QB.