PDA

View Full Version : Weis will return to Irish next year.....

Salt City Sooner
12/2/2008, 10:03 PM
Sources have told Irish Eyes that athletic director Jack Swarbrick will publicly announce, most likely within the next 24 hours, that Weis will be back for his fifth season in South Bend.

There has been some uncertainty about Weis’ future since the 38-3 loss to USC, but it appears Swarbrick will be sticking behind Weis.

In four seasons at his alma-mater, Weis has a 28-21 record. His first two seasons, Notre Dame went 19-6 and played in two BCS bowls. Since then, the program has suffered a 3-9 season, and currently sit at 6-6, and awaiting its bowl fate.

Please check back with Irish Eyes for more information on this situation.

http://notredame.scout.com/2/817609.html

snp
12/2/2008, 10:10 PM
Damnit

aurorasooner
12/2/2008, 10:54 PM
Damnit I had a bad feeling about Bob Stoops Sunday press conference. I was thinking Notre Dame was offering Bob 5 or 6 million a year guaranteed for 5 years or more to come and right their sinking ship. In any event, I'm glad to see Charlie coming back for another year. I don't really worry about Bob taking another job, but ND and NBC are so desperate for a ND winner, and with their past coaching failures, I could see them offering Bob a ridiculous amount to go to South Bend since Bob turned our program around so fast.

southern sooner
12/2/2008, 10:58 PM
Bob wont leave for another college job... if he was going to he would have taken Florida.... He is at OU until he is tired of the college scene and at that point I dont think he will go to NFL he has to much class for those thug criminals...

OklahomaTuba
12/3/2008, 12:10 AM
Bob wouldn't leave for a 2nd rate has been.

ND football is a thing of the past. Its a joke and always will be from now on.

Stitch Face
12/3/2008, 12:18 AM
Next year Weis will get the ship turned around and ND will return to dominance.

Just joshin'

Lott's Bandana
12/3/2008, 12:20 AM
.....so the controversy over his ineptness will keep them in the media spotlight.

Stitch Face
12/3/2008, 12:23 AM
.....so the controversy over his ineptness will keep them in the media spotlight.

Good point. "There is no bad press..."

snp
12/3/2008, 01:57 AM
Bob wouldn't leave for a 2nd rate has been.

ND football is a thing of the past. Its a joke and always will be from now on.

Don't let your hatred for ND cloud your logic or anything.

Boomer.....
12/3/2008, 08:53 AM
Another mediocre year for the Domers.

SoonerStormchaser
12/3/2008, 09:38 AM
Guys...they won't admit it, but just like FSU, Notre Dame is a former superpower whose best days are behind them. Sure they might jump up and kick a few asses every couple of years, but for them to expect consistent national title seasons with the academic/personal conduct standards that they have (NTTAWWT).

That said, I think Weis is a punk...if ND had any stones whatsoever, they would've offered Urban more money a few years ago and landed a damn good coach.