PDA

View Full Version : A 99.9 yard look back....

StormySooner-IN
12/2/2008, 09:00 PM
While we are being blasted in the media, waiting to play for OUr 3rd straight Big 12 Title....take a look back at some old but recent memories....OUr last trip to Arrowhead for the Big 12 title...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TLD2VmMI00

Who remembers this like yesterday?

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/2/2008, 09:17 PM
I'll always remember that drive as Jermaine Gresham's coming out party. We don't make that critical play-action pass on 3rd down, huge momentum swing to Nebraska, and far less time runs off the clock.

Watching the video, I'm amazed we had 3 Tight Ends in on that play...two of which were freshmen. Probably why the PA worked so well.

OU-HSV
12/2/2008, 09:37 PM
That was a helluva fun game to be at. It was my first trip back to the Big 12 Championship since the meltdown vs K-State. I'll never forget it, and that drive was awesome. What a team player Paul (ENA) was...it was a special season for sure.

I bet Calahan still has nightmares about it.

sooner59
12/2/2008, 09:53 PM
Nothing better than an 18 degree night Arrowhead with an inch of ice covering the ground and seats. I was so cold, but it was ok because we stood the whole game cheering our butts off to stay warm. Didn't matter if we were outnumbered by 50,000 Nebraska fans screaming Go Big Red. With Paul at QB, I felt like we were in good hands. He is still one of my favorite Sooners.

SoonerFanatic
12/2/2008, 11:09 PM
Anyone know what's going on with Paul Thompson now? I truely wish him all the best as I think he's one quality human being.

JP

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2008, 11:24 PM
That game reminds of a couple of things.
1) Sam has put up his numbers w/o anything close to an MK for a deep threat
2) Nebraska was a decent team that recently ? :O

That was an amazing year (good and bad)

LRoss
12/2/2008, 11:33 PM
". . . and Nebraska's defense is starting to dominate."

Perfect timing.

Fiatil
12/3/2008, 01:15 AM
". . . and Nebraska's defense is starting to dominate."

Perfect timing.

And that was probably the last game for a looong time where anyone will be dumb enough to say that.

tommieharris91
12/3/2008, 01:43 AM
It feels weird watching OU huddle.