PDA

View Full Version : IT Guys what does this mean

OUHOMER
12/2/2008, 05:05 PM
www.paypalobjects.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate has expired.
The certificate will not be valid until 3/10/2008 9:19 AM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate)

All the site I go to now, that has a secured sign in. Comes back with this error.
paypal, ebay, my bank,

All come back with invaild security certificate.

HAve I done some thing to Firefox that would make this happen. Plus the pages on the secured sign in look weird??/

I need help PLEASE:O :O :O :O

Howzit
12/2/2008, 05:12 PM
I think it means that the certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate has expired.

Howzit
12/2/2008, 05:13 PM
My guess is that the certificate will not be valid until 3/10/2008 9:19 AM

OUHOMER
12/2/2008, 05:16 PM
My guess is that the certificate will not be valid until 3/10/2008 9:19 AM

I can not wait until march of 2008 :D

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2008, 05:17 PM
format the hard drive

Sooner1979
12/2/2008, 05:19 PM
Check the Date/Time to make sure they are correct...If they are correct, then restart your computer and go to the Boot Screen and check the actual operating system time/date there also...Once you restart, hit F9 until it pulls up the boot screen...

This is a problem with secured websites on Firefox, but regardless which you use, your date/time has to be correct...

Hope that helps...Let me know and I have some other ideas...

OUHOMER
format the hard drive

ok, I am stupid, how do i do that. It wont crash anything will it?

stoops the eternal pimp
date and time problem

stoops the eternal pimp
12/2/2008, 05:21 PM
ok, I am stupid, how do i do that. It wont crash anything will it?

dude please don't do that:D do what the other poster said and then let us know

Sooner1979
12/2/2008, 05:28 PM
Formatting the Hard drive will not fix the problem if you dont set the date/time correctly in the first place...

OUHOMER
12/2/2008, 05:34 PM
Check the Date/Time to make sure they are correct...If they are correct, then restart your computer and go to the Boot Screen and check the actual operating system time/date there also...Once you restart, hit F2 until it pulls up the boot screen...

This is a problem with secured websites on Firefox, but regardless which you use, your date/time has to be correct...

PURE GENIUS, MY DATE WAS SET BACK TO 2003......

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,,

SPEK , SPEK, SPEK :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Howzit
12/2/2008, 05:35 PM
I can not wait until march of 2008 :D

Don't shoot the messenger.

Howzit
12/2/2008, 05:36 PM

well, I have other ideas, too you know.

Howzit
12/2/2008, 05:37 PM

that was my other idea.

Howzit
12/2/2008, 05:38 PM
I'm here to help.

Sooner1979
12/2/2008, 05:43 PM

No problem...I have seen that many times...I am only one man, so I do what I can...

OUHOMER
12/2/2008, 05:54 PM
dude please don't do that:D do what the other poster said and then let us know

I am not really that stupid.:D

But I am very close :confused:

OUHOMER
12/2/2008, 05:59 PM
No problem...I have seen that many times...I am only one man, so I do what I can...

We did lose power yesterday, they were trimming trees and knocked the power line down. I guess when i booted it up some how it changed dates?

But all is good with the world, computer working, OU is headed to Kansas City.

I have a smile on my face.

1890MilesToNorman
12/2/2008, 06:04 PM
But all is good with the world, computer working, OU is headed to Kansas City.

I have a smile on my face.

We can't have that! Get a gun and shoot yourself in the thigh.

That's what they do in the NFL when life gets to good. :P

OUHOMER
12/2/2008, 06:22 PM
OK, I will also fess up to calling Paypal and told them their security Certificate had expired. The dude from India had no clue as to what I was talking about.

I could hear him clicking away, He came back and said I have never heard this before. What do you mean certificate has expired? I dont know. I said i was just trying to make sure it was safe to type in may password and take some cash out of paypal.

He said, Yes it is safe....no problem.

I said good bye.

Getem
12/2/2008, 06:29 PM
You might want to turn it off a while, then turn it on to see if the current date sticks. You might need to replace the battery on the motherboard.

GrapevineSooner
12/2/2008, 06:33 PM
OK, I will also fess up to calling Paypal and told them their security Certificate had expired. The dude from India had no clue as to what I was talking about.

I could hear him clicking away, He came back and said I have never heard this before. What do you mean certificate has expired? I dont know. I said i was just trying to make sure it was safe to type in may password and take some cash out of paypal.

I said good bye.

I call them script jockeys.

They do tech support as if they're wearing a shock collar.

Sooner1979
12/3/2008, 12:22 AM

I said good bye.

Those guys are know as much IT as I knew when I got my first computer...You can't teach people about computers, but have to learn by trial and error...Now I did get my degree in computers, but that was more for the piece of paper that got me interviews...You don't learn this stuff in school...You have to have a really outdated computer and try and get it to work on today's platforms...You will learn a ton in a short time or give up even quicker...

Heres a challenge: Try finding a Pentium 1 computer and setting it up with a wireless connection...Pretty good times...

Ike
12/3/2008, 12:39 AM
You might want to turn it off a while, then turn it on to see if the current date sticks. You might need to replace the battery on the motherboard.

you might also want to set it so that the time/date get updated automagically from the innerwebs when you get connected.

Howzit
12/3/2008, 07:14 AM
And wipe down your monitor rilly rilly well.

yermom
12/3/2008, 11:50 AM

i think you need to unplug the power, just shutting down doesn't always seem to do it

i think they are cr2032 watch batteries most of the time. it should say on there what it is

like this:

http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/images/batteries/CR2032.jpg