PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless say Stoops can't motivate

OUby35
12/2/2008, 03:48 PM
Did anyone else see this a**clown on 1st and 10?

He was talking about Bama saying that Saban is the opposite of Stoops because Saban is the best motivator in college...

So Stoops is the worst motivator? Yeah right, what an idiot.

Apparently he has a history of criticizing all kinds of people including LeBron James. I guess he thinks talking crap about people at the top of their game will mask his lack of talent as a sportscaster.

Someone good with photoshop should help his true colors shine through... is it just me or does he look like the joker?

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/Bayless_Skip.JPG

http://www.faithmouse.com/heath_ledger_as_the_joker_1.jpg

JLEW1818
12/2/2008, 03:54 PM
It's 90% an act. He does not believe half the **** he says.

josh09
12/2/2008, 03:55 PM
Uh, did Stoops NOT just call out our fans before the Texas Tech game? Im pretty sure that was some good motivation.

soonerinabilene
12/2/2008, 04:02 PM
Some people, when you hear them talk, you can just tell they smoke weed. Some people, when you hear them talk, you can just tell they smoke pole.
When you hear skip talk, not only can you tell that he does both, but that he actually uses his a$$ to do it.

ashley
12/2/2008, 04:06 PM
He is the guy that said Troy Aikman was gay.

fadada1
12/2/2008, 04:07 PM
won by completely UNMOTIVATED players:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4088/stoops1qi3.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/stoops1qi3.png/1/w400.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img253/stoops1qi3.png/1/)

GrapevineSooner
12/2/2008, 04:08 PM
To which Aikman asked his lawyer how much would it cost him to kick Skip's ***.

Anyway, why would Skip STOOP so low?

ROCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacie
12/2/2008, 04:09 PM
If Stoops can't motivate then Nic Harris needs to be checked for rabies.

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/2/2008, 04:14 PM
Did anyone else the exceptional editorial piece this week by ***bag Pat Forde? What exactly is it that every ESPN ****sucker has against OU????

Settle It On The Field? Not In This Sport!
Gotta hand it to the BCS. It is an endless wellspring of unintended consequences. It always finds a way to find a mud puddle and fall in it, facedown. It has to be the single greatest source of how-did-that-happen snafus in human history.

Watch Pat Forde's Big Men On Campus
Once again, the powers-that-be (Big 12 powers, in this instance) will probably retrofit the rules to fix an injustice already done. Too late for you, Bevo. Talk about a bum(med) steer.

Snafu '08: Oklahoma (1) bypasses Texas (2) into the Big 12 championship game and, with a victory over disappointing Missouri, into the BCS Championship Game. Yeah, that's the same Texas that beat Oklahoma by 10 points on a neutral field less than two months ago. Only in college football could we have a system that overrules the most basic evidence possible for deciding which team is better: head-to-head competition.

That's not to say Iowa is better than Penn State, Mississippi is better than Florida or Oregon State is better than USC. But in case of a tie, what better way to break it than head-to-head? Especially when the game in question was played on a neutral field?

The NCAA didn't decide it liked Memphis' overall season better than Kansas' and award the Tigers the 2008 national basketball title. The Jayhawks got what they earned in the Alamodome.

But that's basketball, which tends to settle the same things on the court that college football prefers settled by microchip and guesswork.

aurorasooner
12/2/2008, 04:16 PM
Bob is an excellent motivator, although imo, he was a much better motivator when Mike (& Mangino) on board as well. But which coach wouldn't be with both these head-coaches as assistants. I can't argue with Saban being an excellent motivator, he is, but win or lose, I still wouldn't trade Bob for Nick.
...In the last 10 years Bob has grown up so much in handling difficult situations with class. This last weekend is a perfect example. One thing puzzles me about his press-conference on Sunday though. It seems it was called around 3 hours before the BCS came out. I was worried that he was going to take the 10 year bonus and just retire since the regular season was officially over (which unfortunately still may be the case). His disdain for the way these idiot unprofessional national press talking heads constantly needle/bait coaches to create controversy is enough for any successful CFB coach to want to leave the profession.
...Otherwise and unless our SID got advance info of the BCS standing, my guess is that he was going to address Texas going to the Big 12 CC game and not us, and then had to change direction at the last minute. In any event, he handled this whole situation extremely well, and I'm sure he would've handled us not going to KC much better and not beg for votes aka Mack Brown.

oupride
12/2/2008, 04:20 PM
Since Stoops' hiring in 1999, the Sooners have never won fewer than seven games. (http://media.www.dailyorange.com/media/storage/paper522/news/2004/09/02/FootballPreviewGuide2004/Stoops.Sparks.Ous.Revival-709264.shtml)

Widescreen
12/2/2008, 04:20 PM
But in case of a tie, what better way to break it than head-to-head? Especially when the game in question was played on a neutral field?

WHAT ABOUT TECH!?!?! It's so funny how so much of the media wants to completely disregard Tech beating Texas. The ONLY argument I've heard for this is that OU blew out Tech so Tech should no longer be part of the discussion. So by that logic, OU should have artificially allowed Tech to stay in the game rather than being dominant so that Tech could remain "in the discussion". Stupid.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/2/2008, 05:30 PM
Did anyone else see this a**clown on 1st and 10?

He was talking about Bama saying that Saban is the opposite of Stoops because Saban is the best motivator in college...

So Stoops is the worst motivator? Yeah right, what an idiot.

Apparently he has a history of criticizing all kinds of people including LeBron James. I guess he thinks talking crap about people at the top of their game will mask his lack of talent as a sportscaster.

Someone good with photoshop should help his true colors shine through... is it just me or does he look like the joker?

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/Bayless_Skip.JPG

http://www.faithmouse.com/heath_ledger_as_the_joker_1.jpg

Apparently, Bayless didn't remember when Saban "motivated" his LSU team to a home loss against UAB in 2000 and his Bama team to a home loss against UL-Monroe in 2007.

Soonermagik
12/2/2008, 05:34 PM
I guess all of our wins have come due to unmotivated players.

Oh... and Nick Saban @ the Miami Dolphins = FAIL!!! :)

CatfishSooner
12/2/2008, 05:59 PM
skip did say that we were possibily the most potent offense EVAR!!!!

OUMallen
12/2/2008, 06:05 PM
If Stoops can't motivate then Nic Harris needs to be checked for rabies.

A winnar iz Jacie.

TopDawg
12/2/2008, 06:10 PM
skip did say that we were possibily the most potent offense EVAR!!!!

Well then obviously we aren't because he's a total a**clown who doesn't know what he's talking about.

NCSooner18
12/2/2008, 06:14 PM
"I guess he thinks talking crap about people at the top of their game will mask his lack of talent as a sportscaster"

He's made a career out of it.

TopDawg
12/2/2008, 06:28 PM
Personally I prefer to talk crap about journalists to mask my lack of talent as a message board poster.

Widescreen
12/2/2008, 06:37 PM
Personally I prefer to talk crap about journalists to mask my lack of talent as a message board poster.

You're failing.

TopDawg
12/2/2008, 06:50 PM
I guess I should leave it to the experts.

OUby35
12/2/2008, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDawg

I thought TopDawg's comment was funny

cvsooner
12/2/2008, 08:54 PM
One thing puzzles me about his press-conference on Sunday though. It seems it was called around 3 hours before the BCS came out. Otherwise and unless our SID got advance info of the BCS standing, my guess is that he was going to address Texas going to the Big 12 CC game and not us, and then had to change direction at the last minute. In any event, he handled this whole situation extremely well, and I'm sure he would've handled us not going to KC much better and not beg for votes aka Mack Brown.[/LEFT]

I would surmise that this is exactly right. Putting together a press conference (which is something I know a thing or two about) takes a certain amount of time. Stoops knew two things: one, very good chance of getting the nod, and two, either way, media people would want to ask questions. You should also note, very early on in his opening statement he makes a comment along the lines of "this way I only have to answer the questions once instead of taking a hundred phone calls." Very efficient time management, plus it gives the program more exposure on ESPN, etc.

Press conferences don't just happen, you know. Media types all have to be contacted with a time, date and place, and there's always some strategizing amongst the coach, the AD and the communications staff in terms of key messages, potential questions and best answers. So, it didn't surprise me that he called a news conference three hours ahead of the release of the standings and the final decision.

I also think, if Stoops was likely to take the bonus and call it quits, he'd wait until January 9, 2009, or whatever day after whatever bowl game we wind up in. Possibly right before the game, but more likely after. He might let staff and players know before going public, but...we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

Boomer Mooner
12/2/2008, 09:06 PM
We don't need Stoops to motivate (not that he doesn't) when we have all the negative media to motivate.

I smell a Missouri beat down coming.

Dio
12/2/2008, 11:57 PM
Skip thinks Aikman is gay, but he knows L u p i c a is