PDA

View Full Version : The Cincy-Hawaii Game actually has a huge impact

noobalicious
12/2/2008, 02:53 PM
I did the Colley Matrix simulator (one of the 6 computer rankings). If Hawaii beats Cincy, and we win...no matter what happens in the SEC championship game we'll slide to #3 in that ranking behind Texas and the winner of the SEC championship game. (Florida is aided because THEY PLAYED HAWAII).

Other computer rankings are pretty close too. It would help tremendously to have Cincy win, especially since Hawaii is a Florida opponent this year.

kevpks
12/2/2008, 02:56 PM
I didn't even realize that Cincy had that game until yesterday. I thought all of our opponents were done. Why did they even schedule that game? Did they not think they would get to a bowl this year? I remember Bama used to schedule a game at Hawaii when they were on probation.

anticipation
12/2/2008, 02:57 PM
I just hope cincy comes to play. Since it has no real impact on their BCS chances. No doubt that cincy is a better team, but the question is do they show up to play?

tfoolry
12/2/2008, 02:57 PM
Computers are moot at this point. Human voters will pick SEC winner #1 & OU #2 (if we win). If we lose, texass gets the nod vs SEC winner.

sooner518
12/2/2008, 03:03 PM
With the amount of bitching amongst the media about having a non-conference Champion in the BCS title game, I have to believe we will get some human votes back.

cvsooner
12/2/2008, 03:29 PM
I think you're discounting the fact that we will also get credit for playing an additional game against a team with a winning record, and especially if/when we win it. Yeah, Cincy needs to win to really help, but it's not necessarily a dealbreaker.

Lott's Bandana
12/2/2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125877

Perhaps you didn't see this little previous revelation?

;)

JLEW1818
12/2/2008, 03:31 PM
I'm glad Cincy is playing after us, gives my drunk *** something to do.... screw going out after the game, college football games are starting to come to an end.