PDA

View Full Version : Here is the deal with Espn, Mack Brown, Pete Carroll, the national media, etc...

Collier11
12/2/2008, 01:00 PM
WHO CARES! We have wasted 3 days now worrying about what they are saying, we need to realize that if we beat a good Mizzou team and beat either an undefeated #1 Ranked Alabama or 1 loss SEC champion Florida, we are National Champs and nothing that anyone can say will take that from us. Lets get away from this crap and focus on what we have to play for now...whatya say :D :pop:

aurorasooner
12/2/2008, 01:03 PM
ON CFB overdrive, I think they finally see the light, that there's a 3 way tie in the Big 12 south and not a 2 way tie. It makes all the Mack Brown suck-ups, especially Kornholer on MNF who made all of the negative uneducated off-the-cuff comments look like complete broadcasting idiots. They talked to Dan Beebe of the Big 12 trying to stir the pot some more and imo he handled it very well, ultimately saying it wouldn't even be discussed at the Big 12 meetings until March.
Obviously these sports broadcasters knew the situation and ESPN's policy was to let out as little information as possible to the average uninformed CFB fan and stir the "controversy pot" as much as they could. (or perhaps I overestimate these ESPN broadcasters and they really are uneducated). Extremely poor journalism imo, but as someone posted, unlike their job the 1st several years of ESPN which was to objectively & fairly report the sporting news, their job now is to make the ESPN sports reporters the sporting news and not the sports or the athletes themselves.

texas bandman
12/2/2008, 01:05 PM
Right...focus on the future not the past. Let's go Sooners, beat the Tiggers!

The Maestro
12/2/2008, 01:15 PM
Remember when you were a kid and you would see a barking dog going nuts inside a fence and you would just stand there at laugh at them...barking back...cause you knew you had what they wanted? The freedom to just be without their bite not matching their bark?

That's how I feel. I enjoy the chaos of those who hate us being in the position we are in. Pure hilarity and entertainment!

Bark on! We got a few titles to go win!

Sooner02
12/2/2008, 01:32 PM
ESPN has OU #4 in Power Rankings, ut #3. However, in the Big12 power rankings, they have OU #1, ut #2.

It shows how clueless they are if they rank us above them IN the conference, but in national rankings below them.

BigRedJed
12/2/2008, 01:33 PM
Meh. The OU-Texas controversy is the biggest story in sports right now, save Paxico Burress' gunshot wound. It's OK to talk about it on an OU message board I think. I mean seriously, do Sooner fans need to be watching Missouri film right now or something?

MrJimBeam
12/2/2008, 01:37 PM
I mean seriously, do Sooner fans need to be watching Missouri film right now or something?

I did that yesterday, I'm ready to go if coach needs me.

Collier11
12/2/2008, 02:07 PM
Meh. The OU-Texas controversy is the biggest story in sports right now, save Paxico Burress' gunshot wound. It's OK to talk about it on an OU message board I think. I mean seriously, do Sooner fans need to be watching Missouri film right now or something?

Im not saying it shouldnt be talked about at all necessarily, im just saying that lets talk more about the big game coming up in a few days. Who the hell really cares what espn or anyone else thinks, we played by the rules and we are a better team. End of discussion

TopDawg
12/2/2008, 02:15 PM
It shows how clueless they are if they rank us above them IN the conference, but in national rankings below them.

Or it could show that, contrary to popular belief, there is not some man behind a curtain...the Wizard of ESPN...calling all of the shots, mandating what the official ESPN rankings should be. Maybe they have one person/group of people putting together the national rankings, and one person/group of people putting together the conference rankings and maybe they're fine with those groups disagreeing.

MojoRisen
12/2/2008, 02:30 PM
I am ready for the big game discussions - however this stuff with the media is not over by any stretch of the imagination - frankly there is still one BCS Sunday left too decide who plays for the MNC...

We can only controll what's on the field as a TEAM... But clearly this battle is being waged in the media as well...

SO I say keep on talking about the media shiate - as long as the players aren't too worried about...

We control the controllables on the field... but it is still someone's job to combat the BS sabotage of the sooners to try and correct the BCS system.

I am chillin out though- just can't believe the media.... it is almost criminal

soonerstan56
12/2/2008, 02:37 PM
I too am enjoying the gnashing of teeth and all the hand wringing over this.
It's great to just sit back and enjoy it.
Bob is the cool gunfighter wearing the black hat,and that's just how I like it!

Stan