PDA

View Full Version : They get it over at HuskerPedia

Half a Hundred
12/2/2008, 12:17 PM
http://64.131.67.10/vbbs/showthread.php?t=62570

Wouldn't it be nice if we still had the Big 8 to ourselves?

SoonerBacker
12/2/2008, 12:38 PM
Funny! Way to go Husker fan!

"It was my hope no one would bring this up. Now I am expecting Mack Brown to show up here and lobby for his team. He has done more campaigning in the past week them Obama and McCain combined did the whole election."

sooner518
12/2/2008, 12:43 PM
If Florida beats Bama this weekend will Bama get to play for the national title since that will even them up in losses eventhough they lose to Florida head to head on a neutral field? But Bama beat the team that beat Florida? What a crock.
They get it, except for the resident moran Whorn who doesn't understand that Ole Miss has 3 (or 4, I dont really remember) losses and therefore is not even close to being a relevant analogy to Texas Tech.

MojoRisen
12/2/2008, 12:44 PM
It's really not hard too understand, people will not stop at any length

It is like a little kid who can't be wrong having an argument both ways for themselves.... and the media buys it and promotes it like a "Florida Victory for Gore"-- the dooosh bags...

Texas was rooting for OSU make no mistake- Tech would have gone to the Big 12 but I doubt would have jumped Texas...

Lott's Bandana
12/2/2008, 12:57 PM
Mac was even on the cooking channel yesterday. He heard Mangino was watching and that he had a vote.

Let Chase Daniel pick a winner.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

oupride
12/2/2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the post

SteelCitySooner
12/2/2008, 01:07 PM
It's so good to see an out of state fan base that gets it!

Lott's Bandana
12/2/2008, 01:32 PM
I love how there is a consistent theme in their thread about how whorn has hijacked the conference...

Soonersince57
12/2/2008, 01:45 PM
I love how there is a consistent theme in their thread about how whorn has hijacked the conference...

I miss the Big 8. There was discussion in the mid-90s about all the Texas schools coming in and how much things would change. Used to be we or Texas could lose in Dallas, but still win our conference and go to the Cotton/Orange Bowls and stay in the running for the national title. Plus playing Nebraska each year was also fun . . . but maybe I'm showing my age. :D

RFH Shakes
12/2/2008, 02:49 PM
I like the idea that p-ville husker brought up.

Now that OU is in the CCG and no longer a deciding factor they should use head to head between Tech & Texas for deciding who goes to the bcs bowl.

PenFLSooner
12/2/2008, 02:59 PM
It's a shame we can't move to the North and renew the yearly rivalry game with the Huskers. We could even take Boone Pickens State with us. Send Colorado on to the Pac10. That is most of their recruiting base anyway. Let the South pick up TCU. We would play everyone in the North and alternate two teams from the South, one short of what we are doing now. I always considered the Huskers a classier rvalry anyway. The shorthorns would really hate getting beat out by the Frogs.

The Preach Man
12/2/2008, 03:02 PM
It's really not hard too understand, people will not stop at any length

It is like a little kid who can't be wrong having an argument both ways for themselves.... and the media buys it and promotes it like a "Florida Victory for Gore"-- the dooosh bags...

Texas was rooting for OSU make no mistake- Tech would have gone to the Big 12 but I doubt would have jumped Texas...

Exactly. The fact of the matter is that it was a three way tie. ALL THREE TEAMS TIED FOR 1ST PLACE. Nobody has a reason to cry about who is the rep for the south in the championship game because we all lost. We were the lucky ones. That doesnt mean that Texas or Tech deserved it more than us, it just means that we all deserved it the same and you have to draw straws at that point. I was fully prepared to accept the fact that we would not be in the Big XII game we just got the 'lucky bounce'.

Widescreen
12/2/2008, 03:36 PM
I love this exchange. bilsker makes a very eloquent statement.

While true as mentioned earlier Tech was not in the equation. They were not in this discussion this week. This was deciding who should go between Texas and OU. Tech was never going to advance in the three way tie.

The ARE in the equation. Three way tie. OU. TT. UT. End of story.

That they weren't "in the discussion" doesn't mean squat. The "discussion" you seem to be referring to is the MEDIA discussion. If you want to change the 5th tie breaker to "Whatever the media decides the criteria should be" then go ahead and propose that. But you are just dead wrong. The tie breaker is set up to break a THREE WAY TIE. Not to "eliminate the team that ESPN isn't talking about".

Lott's Bandana
12/2/2008, 03:38 PM
Can I spek bilsker?