PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Watch - December 2, 2008

Ardmore_Sooner
12/2/2008, 11:54 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index

ESPN actually closed the gap between Colt and Sam. Discuss.

boomersooner28
12/2/2008, 12:03 PM
Why do we always here this "{insert OU player} has more talent around him" ****? I didn't here that when Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, and Reggie Bush won their Heismans and USC recruits all the best talent EVERY year. We don't have any more NFL talent than anyone else and actually we probably have less than Texas, USC and Florida. That **** really gets under my skin. :mad:

fadada1
12/2/2008, 12:07 PM
the heisman should be voted on after the final bowl game. how many times have we seen the heisman winner lay a big 'ole turd in the middle of the field in the bowl game. too many distactions for the winner between the award and their bowl game.

josh would've walked away with it in 2000. instead they gave it to an NFL QB.

boomersooner28
12/2/2008, 12:14 PM
instead they gave it to an NFL QB.

Nuh uh...they gave it to Chris Weinke. ;) :D

The Maestro
12/2/2008, 12:26 PM
Sam has only thrown 82 touchdowns in two years cause he has good talent around him. I guess that is why no one has ever come close to that mark in the HISTORY of college football during their first two years.

I guess Manny, JI, JG, Broyles, Chaney, DM and CB will all be in the NFL as stars one day since they help the "program" quarterback look so good.

mfosterftw
12/2/2008, 12:33 PM
Interesting how their Heisman Watch omits the QB rating data, where Sam smokes them all...

Lott's Bandana
12/2/2008, 12:38 PM
Griffin is normally an OU defender and actually sounds like a lot of us in his blog for the Big XII.

I think his write-up is a consolation for whorn on a bad week for them...he did close by saying he is waiting for the CCG games to play.

In the end, I think Sam gets Griffin's vote. Provided he pwns Misery Saturday.

instigator
12/2/2008, 12:42 PM
the heisman should be voted on after the final bowl game. how many times have we seen the heisman winner lay a big 'ole turd in the middle of the field in the bowl game. too many distactions for the winner between the award and their bowl game.

josh would've walked away with it in 2000. instead they gave it to an NFL QB.

I agree. Jason wouldn't have won it in 2003 if that was the case, but I still think it is more fair.

The consensus seems to be that Sammy is the better pro prospect and now they want to give it to the better college QB (obviously that is the right way), but make up your freaking minds. :) I think Sammy is the better college QB and pro prospect.

Bosley
12/2/2008, 12:44 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=883928

Check out the ballots on Rivals.com

I think they get it.

The Maestro
12/2/2008, 12:57 PM
Chip Brown. First he breaks the story that Texas is 2nd in the BCS and now he has a Florida linebacker third in his Heisman ballot.

yermom
12/2/2008, 01:12 PM
Colt's numbers aren't as good, but he is still pretty outstanding

i think he fights more, and with the way he runs makes his image better

Bradford makes it look too easy. it's just not a big deal. he goes out, throws for 5 touchdowns and it's business as usual. and it's usually in the first half, unless the game is close

Lott's Bandana
12/2/2008, 01:19 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=883928

"Olin Buchanan is a Heisman voter..."Best line in the entire article.

SoonerLB
12/2/2008, 01:31 PM
That article bodes well for Sam, nice to see!
But I really have to question how anyone could rank Tebow any higher than 4th place in the standings, his numbers look pathetic when compared to the 3 Big 12 QB's. And that idiot that votes for the linebacker must be on crack!

soonermeteor
12/2/2008, 01:35 PM
It's funny how Sam has gained more support and nearly locked it up on sites like rivals and CBS sportsline, but lost standing on ESPN. :texan:

kevpks
12/2/2008, 02:05 PM
Why do we always here this "{insert OU player} has more talent around him" ****? I didn't here that when Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, and Reggie Bush won their Heismans and USC recruits all the best talent EVERY year. We don't have any more NFL talent than anyone else and actually we probably have less than Texas, USC and Florida. That **** really gets under my skin. :mad:

I'm with you on that. I thought Mack Brown was the champion recruiter. Do they not have talent at Texas? Maybe Sam is just better at utilizing the talent around him.

aurorasooner
12/2/2008, 02:23 PM
I'm with you on that. I thought Mack Brown was the champion recruiter. Do they not have talent at Texas? Maybe Sam is just better at utilizing the talent around him. I thought Sammy had an off night last week in the 1st half in that his passes weren't perfect or close to perfect strikes. Obviously due to the left hand situation and after halftime he adapted. Our receivers stepped up and made some tough catches. Give Sammy a week to adapt and if our receivers continue to catch the tough balls, I expect a great game for both next week.
I just got thru reading the St. Louis paper and all their writers are predicting a Sooner blowout. That makes this game expecially dangerous as the Missouri players will be reading this "no-chance" press all week. Throw in that embarrassing loss to KU last weekend, and they'll "bring-it" Saturday night. The good news is that the Austin press posted The Booger/Pony Boy connection, so our D will probably be reading that on the bulletin boad this week and should have extra incentive to get after Booger on Saturday night.

josh09
12/2/2008, 03:51 PM
If Sam plays like Sam in the Big 12 CCG and we win, then he's got it in the bag.

aurorasooner
12/2/2008, 06:07 PM
Bleacher Report.
But as I watched Oklahoma win another game on the big stage Saturday night, all I could think was, SAM BRADFORD, DELIVERS. And Slinging Sammy's performances are starting to get about as repetitive as that commercial. The dude is absolutely out of this galaxy.

He is so freaking impressive, that he makes a 4,000 yard, 51 touchdown season seem kind of not impressive. Somehow it took two very Sam-like performances on national television to wake the country up to his unreal awesomeness.

Any time Oklahoma State scored, SAM BRADFORD, DELIVERED. Whether it be on a Sooner Magic tip to Jermaine Gresham (speaking of, hey Herbstreit, it's pronounced Gre-shum. Not Gri-shem. He's not the author of The Client. Say it with me, Gre-shum) or flying and spinning through the air like a stiff board, Sammy was incredible.

Tim Tebow became the first sophomore Heisman winner because people flipped their collective crap over his 50-plus touchdowns and Sammy has done the same, but with more yardage.

And he's also led his team into this three-way spiral that ended up sending the Schooner to Kansas City and on track for a shot at No. 8.

But regardless of what you think about who got screwed, there's no denying that Sam Bradford is the most outstanding player in the country. Even in OU's one loss, Bradford played lights out. He tossed five touches against Texas and was overall fantastic. Nothing phases the guy. He's been dubbed "The Big Easy" by Big Bob and he plays like it.

He doesn't get rattled, he doesn't lose his composure.
He's simply the best quarterback in OU football history. Don't call me crazy. He already has the school record for TD passes (82) and he's a sophomore. Yes. A SOPHOMORE. If Sam can continue on and finish this season, winning two more games, he'll cement himself in the circle of Sooner gods. Actually, he may already be there regardless.

Just like Beyonce's DIRECTV "Upgrade" commercial nearly made me insert hot coals under my eyelids and gave NISSAN, DELIVERS a run, Colt McCoy has a good case. Like Beyonce, he's the sexy pick. He has nice numbers, plays for Texas, is a junior and has a little more name recognition than Sammy.

But in the end, when you line both of them up, SAM BRADFORD, DELIVERS.

mustangsooner
12/2/2008, 10:48 PM
It's funny how Sam has gained more support and nearly locked it up on sites like rivals and CBS sportsline, but lost standing on ESPN. :texan:

Actually if you look at the bottom of the page the panel has Sam at #1 and Frankie Muniz I mean Colt second.:)

tommieharris91
12/3/2008, 01:55 AM
Ooooo, definitely put Sam up there with Sooner gods like Roy Williams, Adrian Peterson, Calmus, Jackson, Sims, and the other 140 or so All-Americans. I won't mind it.

Any ballot that has Tebow in either of the top 2 spots should be disregarded.