PDA

View Full Version : An incentive--not a distraction

meoveryouxinfinity
12/2/2008, 11:48 AM
We made it to the Big XII Championship game and now it's our time to represent--for Texas Tech, Texas, and the entire South. Since Bob Stoop's tenure at Oklahoma, the Big XII Championship has been our game. Appearing in our 7th title game since 2000, we are 5-1 (.833). 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007. That is remarkable.

I truly believe we will come out and blow Missouri away. I think this Texas "45-35" ESPiN debate will give the Sooners a wave to ride to KC. I am slightly worried about the linebacker situation, but it will not be nearly as bad as having Brandon Crow play. I can't really judge Balogun based on his Oklahoma State performance, but will say he shows promise.

Missouri has revenge on their plate. We ruined their season twice last year, and now it's their chance. However, Missouri has lost to all their decent opponents.

-Beat Illinois by 10. This was once thought of as a good win. Ha! They are now 5-7
-Won at Neb 52-17, good win.. but then they came back home to play the big boys of the Big XII South and...
-Lost at home to Oklahoma State 28-23, not as close as the score indicates.
-Lost at Texas 56-31
-Beat Colorado to the ground, 58-0, then traveled back to the South to play Big XII South powerhouse Baylor&
-Beat Baylor by 3 points, 31-28, then finished up their season up North beating K State and Iowa State but
-Lost to KU 40-37 to finish their season. Accoring to Mangino, this was a very "beat up" and injured KU team.

It would not be a strech to say that Missouri has maybe ONE good win---vs Nebraska.

What the numbers say:
Rushing offense:
OU #21
MIZ #46

Rushing defense:
OU #18
MIZ #24
Edge: Oklahoma. Murray and Brown will do enough on the ground, but we should be passing most of the game. Missouri's feature tailback is Derrick Washington #24, who averages 6.3 ypc and has 17 TDs. Not to shabby at all. I am more worried about Chase Daniel running than this kid though. See: Zac Robinson.

Passing offense:
OU #3
MIZ #4
Passing defense:
OU #98
MIZ #116 (out of 119)
Edge: Oklahoma and Missouri's offenses. While our pass D is bad, theirs is down right atrocious. I don't know if this game will be as high scoring as Oklahoma State, but I bet we break 60 again. OSU held them to 23, Texas and Baylor held them to 31. I bet they don't score more than 35.

I think, even with our injuries and defensive woes, we beat Missouri pretty decisively. The 3 way tie situation will not be a distraction. We are simply much better than Missouri.