PDA

View Full Version : PETE FIUTAK (CFN) IS A GIANT DOOSH!

noobalicious
12/2/2008, 10:53 AM
Had the situation been reversed, we would've had the mother of all hissy fits on our hands. Bob Stoops would've gone ballistic ... ballistic. You wouldn't be able to get him off the TV because he'd be screaming and lobbying to anyone who'd listen, and everyone who wouldn't. Politicians would've gotten involved, just like they did in the embarrassing aftermath following the 2006 instant replay controversy at Oregon, and you'd hear screaming and yelling all across Oklahoma about how the Sooners beat the two teams playing in the Big 12 title game.

Instead, OU has to hide behind the weak, "well, you have to count Texas Tech" argument, which has nothing to do with the Texas vs. Oklahoma debate. The one thing Stoops is going by is that his team throttled Tech, but when asked to give the pro-Texas argument, he started out by mentioning that the Longhorns beat his team head-to-head ... done. Over. Texas beat Oklahoma. Texas beat Oklahoma. Texas ... beat ... Oklahoma. If you want to make this a Texas Tech over Texas debate, let's roll, but if this is just about Oklahoma and Texas right now, which it is, then it's over.

No, Oklahoma isn't playing better than Texas right now (remember, defense and special teams are part of the game, too); Texas has won its last three games 129-37. Yes, Oklahoma's offense is putting up ungodly stats, but that's partly because it has to thanks to its mediocre defense. No, it isn't a given that Oklahoma would beat Texas in a rematch. And yes, sadly, the season is now tainted.

Jeebus...talk about the "mother of all hissy fits". I can't believe that bile is a college football front page link on Fox Sports.

:rolleyes:

OUDoc
12/2/2008, 10:56 AM
Stupid people need jobs too.

Hot Rod
12/2/2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I love how OU went ballistic on lobbying for votes.

Don't they realize if we lost to OSU, Tech would win the head to head?

bluedogok
12/2/2008, 11:15 AM
Don't they realize if we lost to OSU, Tech would win the head to head?
SHHHHH!!!!!! No one wants to know that.....

The Maestro
12/2/2008, 11:17 AM
All this stuff is so funny to me. Just trying to stir the pot. Frankly, I would rather be on THIS side getting ready to watch my team play for their 6th Big 12 title in 9 years and a shot at a fourth national title game appearance in those 9 years then the alternative of having 1 conference title, 1 national title and looking from the outside in this year.

They can say what they want...what's done is done.

TUSooner
12/2/2008, 11:28 AM
You know, after thinking about it, I have decided that Texas and Pete Fiutak and all those other talking heads are right. OU doesn't deserve to be in the Big 12 CCG. I think Bob should announce immediately that OU will not be going to KC and that Texas can and should start preparing to play Missouri.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: But evidently Mack and Fiutak and a bunch of others won't be happy unless Bob does just that. It ain't happenin'.

I'm over it.

BOOMER SOONER, BEAT MIZZOU.

MamaMia
12/2/2008, 11:48 AM
This thread is worthless without email addresses.

GrapevineSooner
12/2/2008, 12:01 PM
Nah.

Pete's just trying to pull a few of you offsides. That having been said...

Had the situation been reversed, we would've had the mother of all hissy fits on our hands. Bob Stoops would've gone ballistic ... ballistic. You wouldn't be able to get him off the TV because he'd be screaming and lobbying to anyone who'd listen, and everyone who wouldn't.

Somehow, I doubt that, Pete. After the Oregon debacle, Stoops readily acknowledged there were things OU could have done differently to ensure the outcome wasn't affected by the calls that occurred.

He simply pointed out that there was a system put in place to correct mistakes that were clearly made on the field, and that system failed miserably.

Then he moved forward with the Sooners' season.

Suffice to say, he wouldn't have pulled the same crap Mack pulled last week. And had the BCS chips not fallen our way under any circumstance, he would have accepted the results and waited for the results of next weekend to play out to see which bowl game we'd land in.

Quite simply, Bob's not Mack.

lexsooner
12/2/2008, 12:09 PM
But the beauty of it is that such opinions are totally irrelevant. The great thing is OU is in control of its own destiny on the field, and all the lobbying, crying, writing, is not going to change anything for us. We are past that point, so let's play it out on the field. Talk is cheap. Let's play.

Oh, and some complainers need to remember they should be disgusted and angry about the BCS system, not the team which benefited from the system. There is nothing personal about the system, so why get all mad at OU for coming out on top?

Leroy Lizard
12/2/2008, 12:32 PM
Politicians would have been involved? Oh my.

BoonesFarmSooner
12/2/2008, 12:35 PM
Texas has won its last three games 129-37.

Nice of him to ignore who Texas has played in the last 3 games and who OU has played.

One of which beat up on Texas for 58 minutes and is ranked #7 in the BCS. The other that OU played was the #14 team ON THE ROAD.

What a dumb@ss

bluedogok
12/2/2008, 12:47 PM
I find most of it to be "mock outrage" just to stir the pot. It doesn't matter who is involved, they all try to find something to be "outraged" about this time every season.....I think it is more about job security than anything else.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/2/2008, 12:56 PM
Remind me again who was raising money on THANKSGIVING WEEK to fly a banner over a football stadium?

Not raising money to feed the poor..
Not raising money to cure illness..

Raising money to fly a stupid frickin' banner over a stupid frickin' football stadium. LOSERS!

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/2/2008, 01:01 PM
...I can't believe that bile is a college football front page link on Fox Sports.

:rolleyes:

And now it's linked here for even more traffic for them.

When the numbskulls start sending emails and hitting their site with the crazymad his mission will have been accomplished.

:kelvin:

soonermeteor
12/2/2008, 01:25 PM
He can turn it into a Texas/Oklahoma debate if he wants to, but its not reality. I think our problem has been these people love drama, and nothing is more dramatic then trying to start a war between two rivals.

RedstickSooner
12/2/2008, 01:36 PM
If our final game of the regular season had been Texas Tech, all the pundits would've been able to talk about would've been how we were on the cusp of a 3-way tie, and all Oklahoma had to do was beat Texas Tech, and they'd have a very good chance of going to the big-12 championship game, and how amazing was that?

Sooner02
12/2/2008, 01:38 PM
I'm starting to wonder whether or not they would be going this crazy if we had lost to OSU and Tech was going over Texas. I have a feeling there would still be bitching going on even if that scenario had happened, Tech would have the best record.

soonerlaw
12/2/2008, 01:51 PM
Objectively speaking, I think we can all understand Texas and the media's anger and frustration. We would all be disappointed if the shoe was on the other food.

That being said, all i can say is that i am so FRIGGIN HAPPY it is OU who got the nod.

cheezyq
12/2/2008, 02:03 PM
..."well, you have to count Texas Tech" argument, which has nothing to do with the Texas vs. Oklahoma debate.

LOL, that's actually true. Why? Because there is no Texas v. Oklahoma debate. There is a Texas v. Texas Tech v. Oklahoma debate. Morons.

noobalicious
12/2/2008, 02:07 PM
This thread is worthless without email addresses.

[email protected]

Let him know how you feel! :D

primetime43
12/2/2008, 02:07 PM
Everyone knew the rules going into this season. This isn't like it's the first tie breaker option... it's the 5th!! If they want to revisit the rule after the season fine but this is the system we have. Everyone wants to talk about head to head well how about the whole body of work? If Texas would have played some tougher competition other than the "little sisters of the poor"; they may not be in this situation.

MamaMia
12/2/2008, 02:16 PM
And now it's linked here for even more traffic for them.

When the numbskulls start sending emails and hitting their site with the crazymad his mission will have been accomplished.

:kelvin: Responding to sportswriters is done every day by perfectly normal well educated individuals who are clever and intelligent enough to enjoy some healthy banter. Thats their choice. Its called Freedom of Speech. Thats what we do here in America. Thats what we do on this very message board. Some people even exercise their freedom of speech rights by saying low life things, such as allowing other people be accused of changing their posts when the truth is they were misquoted by a numbskull.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/2/2008, 02:38 PM
Awesome...I'm cracking up.

Knock yourselves out.

lol

MamaMia
12/2/2008, 03:06 PM
Awesome...I'm cracking up.

Knock yourselves out.

lolemail one. Save a thousand. Thats what we do, and thats why we do it. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/banana.gif

SouthTxSooner
12/2/2008, 03:12 PM
It would have been nice for OU to jump Texass after the Tech game, just so the three way tie could not be ignored.

TMcGee86
12/2/2008, 03:28 PM
Yes, Oklahoma's offense is putting up ungodly stats, but that's partly because it has to thanks to its mediocre defense.

:rolleyes: Yeah, that's why we average about 28-0 at the end of every first quarter.

What a flipping doosh.

And we were flat out cheated in the Oregon fiasco. I highly doubt Stoops would be in an uproar about something that went down exactly the way the rules require it to go down.

Give me a freaking break.

MamaMia
12/2/2008, 04:36 PM
[email protected]

Let him know how you feel! :D Thanks. I'm not in the mood just yet, but when I am, boy is he gonna get it. :D

IBleedCrimson
12/2/2008, 05:02 PM
Why does the media have such a hard on for Texas? Is it bc of our recent bowl games?

These ppl r either blatantly dishonest or stupid

soonerlaw
12/2/2008, 06:43 PM
Why does the media have such a hard on for Texas? Is it bc of our recent bowl games?

These media a-holes love controversy. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas goes to the Fiesta Bowl and creams crappy tOSU, the AP will crown them their national champions.

bluedogok
12/2/2008, 11:09 PM

I think that's part of it, they always keep bringing up previous bowl games....what they forget is that all previous seasons have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SEASON. Each season is its own individual entity, also, there is no such thing as a "defending champion" either, they were LAST YEARS champion.

southern sooner
12/2/2008, 11:18 PM
Stoops has 2 much class to act like Mack..he is above it.

Crucifax Autumn
12/2/2008, 11:31 PM
The media are all screeching drama queens begging people to pay attention to them.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/2/2008, 11:36 PM
Apparently...it's working.

SoonerGrad2003
12/2/2008, 11:39 PM
Doosh? Or ******? C'mon! If you're gonna call someone a dumb ***, at least spell things correctly...

PLaw
12/2/2008, 11:40 PM
From Fiutak's perspective, would the season have been tainted if OU wasn't the factor and Tech was going ahead of Texass?? Yeah, I thought so.

SoonerGrad2003
12/2/2008, 11:41 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah, that's why we average about 28-0 at the end of every first quarter.

What a flipping doosh.

And we were flat out cheated in the Oregon fiasco. I highly doubt Stoops would be in an uproar about something that went down exactly the way the rules require it to go down.

Give me a freaking break.

That's the part of the article I don't understand - like OU wasn't supposed to be upset after that Oregon game.

Crucifax Autumn
12/2/2008, 11:49 PM
Enough dooshiness for to people: he's a twouche!

Breadburner
12/3/2008, 12:33 AM
I'm glad my dad fought in a war so people could keep saying stupid ****.....