PDA

View Full Version : SUPERSAM

boomersooner28
12/2/2008, 10:24 AM
We need to make sure and get this information out there. Hell, copy and paste it in an e-mail to every sportswriter that you are bashing in all of those e-mails. :D

In all of the college football chaos one thing is getting lost in the shuffle. Sam Bradford is having one of, if not the most, prolific seasons of a college football player ever! Check out these stats:

Sam Bradford (QB - RS Sophomore, University of Oklahoma)

QB Rating - 190.97 (2)
Passing Yards - 4,080 (3) with 2 games to play
Passing TD's - 46 (1)
Interceptions - 6 (that is a 7.6 - 1 TD to INT ratio)
**THE OLD RECORD FOR MOST TD PASSES IN FIRST 2 SEASONS WAS 55 BY DANNY WUERFUL AT FLORIDA. SAM BRADFORD NOW HAS 82 WITH 2 GAMES TO BE PLAYED.

In comparison, Colt McCoy seems to be the only other challenger for the Heisman and here are his stats (rankings):

Colt McCoy (Junior-University of Texas)

QB Rating - 179.20 (3)
Passing Yards - 3,445 (10)
Passing Touchdowns - 32 (10)
Interceptions - 7 (ratio of 4.5 - 1)

1890MilesToNorman
12/2/2008, 10:31 AM
http://imageshare.lumunon.com/uploads/_e9ad-superman-returns-wallpaper.jpg

TexasLidig8r
12/2/2008, 10:39 AM
You didn't include the rushing yards and touchdowns of the Qbs.

You didn't include the fact that OU's skill position players are regarded as having much more athletic talent.

You didn't include the fact that OU's offensive linemen are all seniors.

You didn't include the fact that OU's tight end is very, very good. Texas' tight end went out with a season ending injury in the Rice game.

Having said all that, even as a die hard Texas fan, it's really hard not to like Bradford. He says the right thing, looks to be a good kid and reflects very well on your school. You have a lot to be proud of with him.

If either Bradford or Colt get the Heisman, either will be looked upon as very worthy.

boomersooner28
12/2/2008, 10:43 AM
Lid, heh. :D

noobalicious
12/2/2008, 10:45 AM
If either Bradford or Colt get the Heisman, either will be looked upon as very worthy.

Strangely...I agree.

Nevertheless, I'll be pulling for Sam. :P You can't deny that he's helped engineer one of the most prolific offenses in recent memory. I remember SUC in 04 was pretty good?

Anybody have a comparison of our offensive stats with recent good offensive teams?

Hot Rod
12/2/2008, 10:46 AM

Those are my picks, but you know which way I'm leaning to.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2008, 10:46 AM
You didn't include the fact that OU's skill position players are regarded as having much more athletic talent.

You didn't include the fact that OU's tight end is very, very good. Texas' tight end went out with a season ending injury in the Rice game.

Having said all that, even as a die hard Texas fan, it's really hard not to like Bradford. He says the right thing, looks to be a good kid and reflects very well on your school. You have a lot to be proud of with him.

I think the surrounding talent angle is over-played - UT's skill guys and O-line look pretty darn good to me. You are correct about the tight end though.

Your conclusion is spot on - any school would be proud to have either Bradford or McCoy on their team. For both skill and personality.

tommieharris91
12/2/2008, 10:48 AM

Colty boy still wouldn't pass Bradford if you add rushing yardage.

The Maestro
12/2/2008, 10:49 AM
Just gonna be adding insult to injury when Sam/Colt are in NYC with Bob/Mack all being interviewed...especially if OU is headed to the national title game and Texas is headed to face Utah. Then, if Sam wins the Heisman, wow...Texas will be licking those wounds from here to...well, next October when that game will be filled with more hate than it ever has.

auto
12/2/2008, 10:51 AM

Can't say I disagree with these statements

The Maestro
12/2/2008, 10:52 AM
And as far as anyone thinking Sam's numbers are this good because the talent around him is so superior...really? Iglesias, Johnson, Chaney and Broyles...solid bunch. Nothing bad to say about them. Jermaine is awesome as well and you can't ask more of DeMarco and Chris. But Sam's numbers are unreal. Just plugging another QB in there does not mean the numbers would be even close to his production.

Sam is the real deal and Colt has had a great year as well. But Sam deserves the nod, in my book.

"BUT HE LOST HEAD TO HEAD TO COLT!!!"

Just waiting for that one from horn fans...especially when Bradford wins the statue.

TexasLidig8r
12/2/2008, 10:58 AM
Sam lost head to head to Colt.

:D

As for the talent, I would take Murray and Chris Brown over Fozzy, Vondrell and Johnson.

OU's tight end... no contest.

Wide receivers... Shipley has great hands and runs great routes. Cosby is a possession receiver with great hands. OU's receivers have more athletic ability.

Offensive line. OU has given Bradford all day to throw.

Given that scenario, with OU's offensive line all leaving (and probably Gresham).. does Bradford come back next year? (especially with more and more talk about a rookie salary cap beginning in 2010?)

Dan Thompson
12/2/2008, 11:01 AM
With Sam not play a fulll 60 minutes in all the games, it would be interesting to see how much playing time Sam and Colt have. That would make Sam's stats just that more impressive.

Jacie
12/2/2008, 07:34 PM
Given that scenario, with OU's offensive line all leaving (and probably Gresham).. does Bradford come back next year? (especially with more and more talk about a rookie salary cap beginning in 2010?)

Does Colt?

IBleedCrimson
12/2/2008, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't take any qb playing today over sammy, and I'm having a hard time thinking of any qb in history I would take over him either. That's incredible. What an incredible talent he is

anticipation
12/2/2008, 08:04 PM

Incorrect Trent Williams is a Jr.