PDA

View Full Version : At this point I wouldn't be shocked if .....

nBoSTP
12/2/2008, 08:41 AM
ABC has Mack Brown joining Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit in the booth with Colt McCoy as a sideline reporter. ESPN has certainly turned the sooners into public enemy #1. I have ended a few arguments with people with the following logic. So if Oklahoma would have lost to Oklahoma St. then everybody would have been okay jumping Texas Tech up to #2 from #7 for barely beating Baylor since they beat Texas head to head? Yeah I didn't think so now go away with your head to head logic.

Mazeppa
12/2/2008, 08:50 AM
Didn't you hear? You throw out Texas Tech because they got beat by 40.

boomersooner28
12/2/2008, 09:48 AM
I also wouldn't be surprised if we beat Missouri and fall out of the top 10 in all the human polls. :( :)

boomersooner28
12/2/2008, 09:53 AM
ABC has Mack Brown joining Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit in the booth with Colt McCoy as a sideline reporter. ESPN has certainly turned the sooners into public enemy #1. I have ended a few arguments with people with the following logic. So if Oklahoma would have lost to Oklahoma St. then everybody would have been okay jumping Texas Tech up to #2 from #7 for barely beating Baylor since they beat Texas head to head? Yeah I didn't think so now go away with your head to head logic.

But yeah, in the end nobody thought we would beat Tech and OState, they (ESPN fags) were waiting for us to lose. Tech was the new hot thing this year and if they couldn't get them they wanted the other big horse (UT) cause they are sick of us.

Oh, then imagine this scenario. What if we use the SEC tie-breaker that everyone is clamoring for now so Texas goes instead of us although we are ranked #2.....then we are still ranked #2 after the Big 12 Championship game and we get to play for the National Championship instead of Texas. Could you imagine what chaos that would have created?

IronHorseSooner
12/2/2008, 10:02 AM
If this were a court case, there would be a change of venue because those in the legal chain had lost objectivity and could not give them a fair trial. Most of the on-air people have lost their objectivity on this.Coach Gottfired has said that he's not even going to consider TECH, never mind he still holds a grudge against The King for yearly pwning his Jayhawks. Fox has been, at least, even. Their late night guy wash bashing us, but he said that UTerus should just shut up because nobody will care. On the Blitz, "The Coach" Jonathan Coachman, formerly of the WWE, defended OU, but was jumped on like a wounded lamb in a pack of wolves (one of those wolves was Michael "I won't vote for OU if they beat LSU" Smith). Now, in all fairness, we have received support from some unusual corners (Cowherd, Mike and Mike, Pat Forde), but their Big Dogs have lost their objectivity. Win this weekend and get to the Big Game, and then ESPiN will know that their campaign failed.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2008, 10:37 AM
It will be interesting if they actually hype the game they are covering instead of a team not playing. I was amazed they didn't focus on the *great* game in front of them Sat. instead of the BCS stuff.

boomersooner28
12/2/2008, 10:44 AM
Dude, with Florida playing Bama, we may not even be on TV this week. They won't say 3 words about our game this week.

Vic n Tulsa
12/2/2008, 11:42 AM

That's a great idea. I wouldn't be suprised if they do invite them on just to drive the point and garner more votes!

I also heard they'll start the game with Welcome the CAN'T BEAT TEXAS BIG XII Game, live from KC!

Love it! How does it feel to be the most hated team in college football?

MrJimBeam
12/2/2008, 11:48 AM

Same as it does every year.

You guys run out of tampons yet?

daddywarbucks
12/2/2008, 11:53 AM
The tv broadcast of the Big 12 Championship is going to be filled with so much BS that I bet i turn it off and listen to BB announce it..How desperate is that?

nBoSTP
12/2/2008, 03:10 PM
Also wouldn't shock me if they painted 45-35 settled on a nuetral field as the mid field logo instead of Dr. Pepper Big 12 championship logo.

PenFLSooner
12/2/2008, 03:19 PM
Not a problem. Stoops and the boys will not circle the wagons. Kinda cool how well we play with a bevo chip on our shoulder.

Hot Rod
12/2/2008, 03:30 PM
I won't be shocked if I see or hear the words "45-35" during that broadcast.

boomersooner28
12/2/2008, 06:13 PM
Should we make a "Big 12 Championship Game Drinking Challenge?" I say YES!

Help me out here folks...I will put it all together and get it posted on Saturday (hopefully stickied!)

Everytime you hear: Numbers of Drinks:

"Neutral Field" 1
"45-35" 1
"3-way tie" 1
"Mack Brown" 2
"Head-to-Head" 1
"Texas" 2
"Touchdown Oklahoma" 1
"Touchdown Missouri" 3
"Heisman" 1
"Colt McCoy" 2

Vic n Tulsa
12/2/2008, 06:18 PM
Should we make a "Big 12 Championship Game Drinking Challenge?" I say YES!

Help me out here folks...I will put it all together and get it posted on Saturday (hopefully stickied!)

Everytime you hear: Numbers of Drinks:

"Neutral Field" 1
"45-35" 1
"3-way tie" 1
"Mack Brown" 2
"Head-to-Head" 1
"Texas" 2
"Touchdown Oklahoma" 1
"Touchdown Missouri" 3
"Heisman" 1
"Colt McCoy" 2

Don't forget OU SUCKS for extra points:)

Widescreen
12/2/2008, 06:21 PM
Don't forget OU SUCKS for extra points:)

F*ck off, dipsh*t. :)

picasso
12/2/2008, 06:23 PM
That's a great idea. I wouldn't be suprised if they do invite them on just to drive the point and garner more votes!

I also heard they'll start the game with Welcome the CAN'T BEAT TEXAS BIG XII Game, live from KC!

it's great and I'm going to have a helluva time in Kansas City this weekend! I love that town and especially this time of year! Why it will be my 5th time to watch OU play said game there! The atmosphere reminds me of a high school playoff game!!!

And you should see the Plaza at Christmas time!

Wish you were here! Bitch.

Widescreen
12/2/2008, 06:25 PM

Heh!

picasso
12/2/2008, 06:30 PM
it's great and I'm going to have a helluva time in Kansas City this weekend! I love that town and especially this time of year! Why it will be my 5th time to watch OU play said game there! The atmosphere reminds me of a high school playoff game!!!

And you should see the Plaza at Christmas time!

oh I nearly forgot!

There's cold beer with our old school Big 8 (B 12 North) fans at Westport on Friday night!

My favorite tailgate spot near the woods complete with trash can bonfire and the nice little breakfast cafe near Overland Park!!!!

You Texas fans gotta come one of these days!!!!

picasso
12/2/2008, 06:48 PM
Oh and Vic, that stadium at night just rocks! We sat in some corporate suites in '06 and I'm really hoping to score them again this week!

Seriously, you Texas folk should come up there one of these years.

Jacie
12/2/2008, 06:55 PM
picasso doesn't go for the jugular, he shivs em in the ribs then pulls it out to watch em bleed to death!

olevetonahill
12/2/2008, 07:01 PM

How does it feel to Have have worn out your welcome On here :P