PDA

View Full Version : Dear Dublin Dr. Pepper

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2008, 11:09 PM
I have been at Baylor for 7 years. I have lived in Waco for much of that time. I know every square inch of campus; I know all of the traditions; I know the full history of the university; I know the words to the school song; my "sic 'em bears" is close to perfection; and, when someone mentions the HEB I always know to ask, "The ghetto, taj, or mexi?"

Baylor is also the mecca of all things Dr. Pepper. They sponsor E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G here. In the summer they set up kiosks around campus and pass out Dr. Pepper fountain drinks for free. One of the most well known traditions on campus is "Dr. Pepper hour" where students and faculty get together and drink Dr. Pepper floats. It's the only soft drink on campus and in case you don't get the point yet, it's a big deal.

The problem is that I HATE Dr. Pepper and as a result I have never really felt like a full and complete Baylor fan. I have literally been shamed before among my fellow students because I refused to drink Dr. Pepper.

All of that has changed, I had a Dublin Dr. Pepper for the first time and it has changed my life. That **** is liquid ecstasy. I have never had a finer soft drink in all my life.

Thank you Dublin Dr. Pepper!

salth2o
12/1/2008, 11:13 PM
There is nothing better than a "real" Dr. Pepper. I thought about negging you for not liking Dr. Pepper. :)

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2008, 11:17 PM
There is nothing better than a "real" Dr. Pepper. I thought about negging you for not liking Dr. Pepper. :)

I'm a Mt. Dew guy. I drink 5-6 a day and have since I was at least 8 or 9.

Mt. Dew at least roughly shares the same colors with Baylor. Dr. Pepper, on the other hand, shares colors with that God forsaken glorified vocational college located a bit further down the Brazos.

tulsaoilerfan
12/1/2008, 11:18 PM
7 years at Baylor? WTF? Are you Bluto Blutarsky?

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2008, 11:23 PM

I wish. Bluto gets himself elected to the Senate.

salth2o
12/1/2008, 11:26 PM

Kind of...except Bluto got a girl at the end. Sic'em is still on the prowl.

Sic'em...5+ Mt. Dew's a day?!?!? WTF I would be bouncing off the walls. However, your extremely high consumption of caffeine could explain your anxiety with the fairer sex and over-analyzation of every move you make.

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2008, 11:30 PM
Kind of...except Bluto got a girl at the end. Sic'em is still on the prowl.

Sic'em...5+ Mt. Dew's a day?!?!? WTF I would be bouncing off the walls. However, your extremely high consumption of caffeine could explain your anxiety with the fairer sex and over-analyzation of every move you make.

I'm so used to the sugar and caffeine that the only effect it has on me anymore is when I don't have it.

I am very edgy and always sort of nervous and twitchy though and my dad is convinced that years of that much caffeine and sugar have done something to my central nervous system. I think he's full of crap.

salth2o
12/1/2008, 11:32 PM
I'm so used to the sugar and caffeine that the only effect it has on me anymore is when I don't have it.

I am very edgy and always sort of nervous and twitchy though and my dad is convinced that years of that much caffeine and sugar have done something to my central nervous system. I think he's full of crap.

ROTFLMFAO! :D

Veritas
12/1/2008, 11:35 PM
SEB, I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but the sooner you kick that soda (or pop or whatever regionally appropriate term you use to refer to carbonated beverages) habit the better you'll feel. There is nothing but upside.

GottaHavePride
12/1/2008, 11:36 PM
That many mountain dews in a day... may possibly be the unhealthiest thing I've ever heard.

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2008, 11:38 PM
SEB, I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but the sooner you kick that soda (or pop or whatever regionally appropriate term you use to refer to carbonated beverages) habit the better you'll feel. There is nothing but upside.

There's not much alternative. I HATE water and never ever drink the stuff. I drink alcohol but I obviously can't drink that all day.

The only thing that can come close to replacing pop is red Gatorade. I love Gatorade.

Lott's Bandana
12/1/2008, 11:38 PM
Ok, I'll ask....

What the hell is a Dublin Dr. Pepper?

Veritas
12/1/2008, 11:42 PM
Ok, I'll ask....

What the hell is a Dublin Dr. Pepper?
Blend you can only get at the facility there...made with the original recipe and with sugar instead of corn syrup. It's un****ingbelievable.
http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

GottaHavePride
12/1/2008, 11:45 PM
There's not much alternative. I HATE water and never ever drink the stuff.

And yet you say you can't figure out why you're starting to lose your hair...

Half a Hundred
12/1/2008, 11:58 PM
There's not much alternative. I HATE water and never ever drink the stuff. I drink alcohol but I obviously can't drink that all day.

The only thing that can come close to replacing pop is red Gatorade. I love Gatorade.

Dude, you know I don't try to steer you wrong, so listen to me.

Get rid of the sugary/high sodium drinks from the diet, except sparingly.

Develop a taste for water.

Drink a gallon or two a day to flush out your system of the old water that it's been desperately holding onto given the extremely hypertonic solution you've converted your body into.

You'll feel 20 times healthier within a few weeks. I did the process over the summer, and it's amazing how much different it will make things. For one, hangovers are fewer and less intense. Not a bad deal.

Now I just need to get over my taste for foods with high energy density. Goddamn red meat and cheese, why do you have to be my two favorite foods? Especially when slathered with tasty, tasty marinara sauce

OUTromBoNado
12/2/2008, 01:56 AM

Same here. I was about to tell Sic 'Em that he's dead to me, but it appears he has seen the light.

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2008, 03:36 AM
Blend you can only get at the facility there...made with the original recipe and with sugar instead of corn syrup. It's un****ingbelievable.

You can get it at Wal-Mart. I'm not sure how many of them stock the stuff now, but they have it in Waco and Muskogee.

They're in 6 pack of small glass bottles. You kind of have to look around for them.

olevetonahill
12/2/2008, 03:46 AM
That many mountain dews in a day... may possibly be the unhealthiest thing I've ever heard.

No the Most Unhealthy Thing I can imagine is being 26 and still a Virgin .:eek:

Okla-homey
12/2/2008, 06:39 AM

Sssshh. He has a profound learning disability. BU only admitted him seven years ago to study his performance as part of a research project begun by two special education doctoral candidates. We've been thru all this before. ;)

bluedogok
12/2/2008, 09:51 AM
It is made just in Dublin (a bit northwest of Waco) but it is in a wider distribution than just getting it from the plant, although you can order directly from Dublin in bottles or cans and I have typically only seen the bottles in stores around here. There are several places in this region of Texas which sells it in the fountain as well. The Pops on Route 66 near Arcadia has it up there that I know of.

SoonersEnFuego
12/2/2008, 09:57 AM
Mr. Pibb is better.

salth2o
12/2/2008, 10:01 AM
Mr. Pibb is better.

Blasphemy!

soonerboomer93
12/2/2008, 12:17 PM
I dislike Dr. Pepper

I've tried the dublin and it's better

RacerX
12/2/2008, 12:19 PM
argh.

kbsooner21
12/2/2008, 03:25 PM
Mr. Pibb is better.

That's the most obsurd thing I've heard in ages :eek:

BigRedJed
12/2/2008, 03:34 PM
I'm surprised to hear about it being in Muskogee. When someone wants to carry it, they have to get special permission from the Dr. Pepper bottler who has rights to their area. Pops had to invest some time and effort into getting permission to carry it, and they are a pretty unusual place that I'm sure made a more compelling case for leniency than most would.

SicEmBaylor
12/2/2008, 03:46 PM
I'm surprised to hear about it being in Muskogee. When someone wants to carry it, they have to get special permission from the Dr. Pepper bottler who has rights to their area. Pops had to invest some time and effort into getting permission to carry it, and they are a pretty unusual place that I'm sure made a more compelling case for leniency than most would.

Yep, and there's a Dr. Pepper bottler actually in Muskogee.

Nonetheless, I picked up 4 six packs of the stuff while home for T-Giving break.

NYC Poke
12/2/2008, 05:00 PM
Too bad something like Jameson's or Stella Artois wasn't invented in Waco.

Rogue
12/3/2008, 05:22 AM
Love me a DDP.