PDA

View Full Version : Think horns

Jacie
12/1/2008, 10:48 PM
As bad as it is for my sanity, given the current uproar over where teams are in the BCS standings (well, we all know which fans are doing most of the roaring), I have to keep track of what inane scheme the orangebloods are up to, in the same way I used to enjoy watch Roadrunner cartoons to see what Wile E. Coyote would try next. That said, I was pleasantly surprised (a little bit, anyway) to find some Texas posters who pull their heads out of their *** before posting their thoughtsns

The first couple of posts are replies to a horn who suggested they sue the NCAA. However, he was unable to formulate a response to the question, "Sue them for what?"

LonghornCatholic
250+ posts
12/01/08 07:44 PM
Re: Sue the NCAA over BCS [re: honkinhorn]

Come on fellas.
We are all intelligent people here, but this is why some make fun of fan message boards.

Lets not sue; lets not challenge USC this weekend; lets not send mass e-mails to the Big 12 ADs; lets not demand a recount; lets not ask the 'Horns to show up in KC Saturday; lets not demand an emergency Big 12 meeting; and all the other things we've seen on this board lately.

Lets move on.

HornBud
5000+ posts
12/01/08 08:17 PM
Re: Sue the NCAA over BCS [re: honkinhorn]

In reply to: We are all intelligent people here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see no evidence of this.

Here's another horn who is starting to understand that their actions are making them look like . . . crybabies.

StayHereMcCoy
< 25 posts
12/01/08 06:49 PM
Re: Can we move on yet? [re: FW_Horn_32]

Ok guys, I have something that needs to be heard.

I know that the BCS is a ridiculous system, and this whole situation is stupid. However, I don't believe that the majority of our fans have been taking it in a classy way. In fact, most of us have been taking it horribly.

Does it make us look good to FLAME every OU(sucks) fan? NO. Some of those fans are respectable, and haven't rubbed it in, and aren't D-bags. SOME. But that means that we don't have to FLAME them all. That's completely CLASSLESS.

And about the situation, we can complain about it all we want, but at the end of the day, we all need to just suck it up and realize that we didn't take care of business when we needed to against lousy Tech. It's just as much our fault as it is OU's. Who is really at fault is the BCS.

Lastly, I'd like to say this - though we did get screwed, we are handling it like CLASSLESS losers, and IT IS MAKING ALL HORN FANS LOOK STUPID! Sometimes you just have to take the high road and deal with it. It sucks. It may not be right. But at the end of the day, at least we can say we handled it with class. But that is not what we are doing now, and it really gives us a bad image.

I had posted this in a new thread, but apparently our MOD favors flamming over sportsmanship.

Yes, some of them get it.

DeadHorse
1000+ posts
12/01/08 10:33 AM
Re: Buck Harvey on Stoops' need to argue [re: Wild Bill]

The system sucks. Do you think Mack likes making a 5 minutes phone call during the OU/OSU game? No, it's embarassing but it's what he has to do.

Stoops didn't politic that much but I wouldn't have blamed him if he did. Mack made his annual publicity pitch for rankings and bowl position. I don't like him having to that but it is what it is.

Stoops citing his team's stats is no different.

aurorasooner
12/1/2008, 10:55 PM
I read that "sue the NCAA" thread earlier tonight and was LMAO. I didn't go back and read the annual Mack groveling part though. If their own fans think it's embarrassing, then think what the other schools fans thought about him belly groveling during the OU/OSU telecast.
Next Saturday Night in the 3rd quarter. Brent "we have Mack Brown joining us by phone", Kirk "Ah, sorry Brent, Mack is going to take the high road and not prostitute himself 2 weeks in a row".

IronHorseSooner
12/1/2008, 10:58 PM
I read that "sue the NCAA" thread earlier tonight and was LMAO. I didn't go back and read the annual Mack groveling part though. If their own fans think it's embarrassing, then think what the other schools fans thought about him belly groveling during the OU/OSU telecast.

Then why doesn't ESPiN get it?

Curly Bill
12/1/2008, 11:04 PM
Then why doesn't ESPiN get it?

Ratings my friend ratings. A big-time college coach making a pathetic *** out of himself on the air is good for ESPN's ratings. They get it, they just don't care.