PDA

View Full Version : A title matchup against Texas more likely than you think...

noobalicious
12/1/2008, 10:46 PM
...according to Rich Tellshow, a BCS prognosticator. This is, of course, assuming that Florida beats Alabama.

http://www.tellshowbcs.com/index.html

Interesting to note under that scenario our computer ranking becomes perfect.

Jewstin
12/1/2008, 11:52 PM
Holy cow. If we win this Big XII championship, and Sammy brings home the Heisman, this would be an epic match-up. I think with how pretty much every single sports media outlet is talking about it, serious interest could be drummed up.

Or maybe I'm just wearing crimson color classes, hah.

aurorasooner
12/2/2008, 12:00 AM
If RR was close to being being healthy, this might be one of those situations where Bob would say. "Screw the Medical RS" Get in the there and kill them. Plus AE should be back. I don't know about AB though. An OU/Texas match for the NC similar to the OU/Nebraska Orange Bowl rematch but for all the marbles. Hell, this is the chance of a lifetime. Throw away the crutches and tape it up.

JLEW1818
12/2/2008, 12:02 AM
If Florida beats bama, and we do OUr part, it will be all up to the voters, who they want playing us .

Blues1
12/2/2008, 12:13 AM
The way he see this -- IF I understand this guy Correctly ..?? -- A OU vs Texass Matchup could be more likely than OU Vs Florida.....Sounds Like Florida has to slaughter Bama to get to the NC Game....IS this what you are seeing...?

Still R'

Bosley
12/2/2008, 12:14 AM
Oh my gosh, dont even talk about this and if you do....whisper or something if the SEC even heard about this they'd probly try to secede from the Nation again or like....collectively commit mass suicide.

JLEW1818
12/2/2008, 12:16 AM
sec posse on the way right now

hehe

noobalicious
12/2/2008, 12:17 AM
He's usually off a bit on the computers. I'm not sure. If we win and are a solid #1, and florida wins against bama, I'd say its probably 65-35 in favor of florida.

SleestakSooner
12/2/2008, 12:25 AM
Since the votes will be made public this time we won't see Texass getting ranked as high in the final BCS poll. OU and UF will get those votes that were cast to inflate UT above OU this week in the Harris poll. I do not see this happening but I would love the outcome if it did. Rematch for revenge and to shut all the haters up...

Crucifax Autumn
12/2/2008, 12:27 AM
I think it's possible, but not quite probable.

In the meantime let's just all think about kicking booger's *** again.

olevetonahill
12/2/2008, 12:30 AM
I want Bamma . But Id Love Saxet ;)

SoonerinSouthlake
12/2/2008, 12:41 AM
That would be beautiful...I want whorns again more than anything to so that we can close the books on them. I really believe we will beat the ever living bejeezes out of them if we get them again.... But Id say Fla will pass them in pollls if they beat Bama.

Harris poll people seem to be pretty stupid. If Florida wins they will be the hot team of the week and the Harris Sheep will vote them to #1 or # 2. I havent heard how the computers would treat them if they beat Bama. .., but I would think a victory over # 1 along with the human sheep would be plenty to get them over the top.

I will predict though that either Florida or Whorns, whoever gets left out, will be the AP National Champ. Another reason I REALLY want to play the whorns again. What will be worse than those little idiots sneaking in the back door and claiming to be national champs

olevetonahill
12/2/2008, 12:56 AM
If any team claims an AP thing they succs
Did Not every team agree to to the BCS ?
The AP said they didnt want to be counted . So **** em
;)

RedstickSooner
12/2/2008, 01:19 AM
The vapid, manipulative, dishonest pollsters that dropped us for beating a ranked team on the road, and rewarded Tejas for beating an unranked team at home, are gonna be the same vapid, manipulative, dishonest pollsters that vote the bejeezus out of Florida and drop Tejas after Tejas played nobody, to make sure such a matchup doesn't happen.

Unless Brown ratchets the hype up another notch, and somehow convinces voters that a rematch would actually be *better* than a titanic SEC-Big 12 brawl.

JLEW1818
12/2/2008, 01:27 AM
If any team claims an AP thing they succs
Did Not every team agree to to the BCS ?
The AP said they didnt want to be counted . So **** em
;)

yep yep

olevetonahill
12/2/2008, 01:28 AM
If there's a GOD . He will Let it Happen
I want another shot at the :texan: s
Then It will be settled on a Neutral Field :D

Crucifax Autumn
12/2/2008, 02:16 AM
If there's a Mack . He will Whine it into happening.
I want another shot at the s

Fixed

tommieharris91
12/2/2008, 02:16 AM
I'm hoping for a doomsday scenario like this.

olevetonahill
12/2/2008, 02:53 AM
Fixed

But How can he whine Out of it ?:P

SoonerJack
12/2/2008, 09:18 AM
The SEC meltdown would be epic, but I don't see it happening.

landrun
12/2/2008, 09:22 AM
Yahoo talked about this too... I read this just today:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/BCS-Realpolitik-Oklahoma-it-is-but-a-new-route?urn=ncaaf,125550

landrun
12/2/2008, 09:23 AM
It may even be LIKELY that OU play Texas.... unless the voters rig the results.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/2/2008, 09:31 AM
The vapid, manipulative, dishonest pollsters that dropped us for beating a ranked team on the road, and rewarded Tejas for beating an unranked team at home, are gonna be the same vapid, manipulative, dishonest pollsters that vote the bejeezus out of Florida and drop Tejas after Tejas played nobody, to make sure such a matchup doesn't happen.

Unless Brown ratchets the hype up another notch, and somehow convinces voters that a rematch would actually be *better* than a titanic SEC-Big 12 brawl.

PRECISELY!!!

No chance.