PDA

View Full Version : Why we want Flawda over Bammer

Okla-homey
12/1/2008, 08:41 PM
Not to put the wooden two-wheeled transportation before the equine means of locomotion...but,

We need Flawda in the champeenship game. See, a win will bring home the crystal ball AND remind the country why the newest bronze statue of a great Sooner outside OUr stadium is competely justified.

That's how I see it anyways.

:pop:

noobalicious
12/1/2008, 08:43 PM
I'd rather have Bama win personally. Florida winning throws the top 5 into chaos again. Texas could pick up more votes, and florida could steal some of our thunder in the computers.

Plus i think florida is more dangerous to us than bama.

Aries
12/1/2008, 08:45 PM
I'd be glad to see us in it against anyone... but if I had a choice, I'm not thrilled about playing a team in their home state. That is starting to wear a little thin.

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2008, 08:45 PM
Alabama is an easier opponent. Do you people not know who their DC is? Christ-o-mighty shave me silly and slap me bald. There's no way in hell that moron -- Coach Carrot is going to mount a sufficient defense against OU.

SoonerProphet
12/1/2008, 08:46 PM
I want another shot at Saban.

Okla-homey
12/1/2008, 08:47 PM
I'd rather have Bama win personally. Florida winning throws the top 5 into chaos again. Texas could pick up more votes, and florida could steal some of our thunder in the computers.

Plus i think florida is more dangerous to us than bama.

I think we both believe Flawda is a better team than Bammer. I think that will be proven this weekend. Ergo, I say, "SEC do your worst!" With a win over Flawda, we'll deliver a ginormous 44oz cup of shutup juice to the naysayers around the country.

MamaMia
12/1/2008, 09:05 PM
Not to put the wooden two-wheeled transportation before the equine means of locomotion...but,

We need Flawda in the champeenship game. See, a win will bring home the crystal ball AND remind the country why the newest bronze statue of a great Sooner outside OUr stadium is competely justified.

That's how I see it anyways.

:pop:
If you want OU to have a better chance of actually winning the game, playing Alabama would provide better odds for that. Alabama's QB is more of a drop back passer. We're better at getting pressure on a drop back passer than we are at defending against a scrambling QB such as Tebow.

Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford are both deserving of the Heisman. Both players have already shown the world that they are justified candidates. They don't need to prove anything more to anyone who's been paying attention.

SCSoonerfan
12/1/2008, 09:06 PM
I wanna beat Mizzou before I worry about Fl or Bammer.

MamaMia
12/1/2008, 09:09 PM
I wanna beat Mizzou before I worry about Fl or Bammer.
Are you lifting weights?

SCSoonerfan
12/1/2008, 09:12 PM
Yes. And the I need to be living and working in Sec country. Lots of Bammers and Gators round here.

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2008, 09:22 PM
I'd prefer 'Bama.

1. 'Cause most of the 'Bama fans from 2002-2003 were really cool and it'd be nice to play them for a national title.

and

2. Tibeman might show up again. Beano's smackdown is still the funniest thing I've ever seen on the net.

IBleedCrimson
12/1/2008, 09:23 PM
I wanna watch Teblow cry again in postgame interview. teblows tears of defeat mmmmmm

OUstud
12/1/2008, 09:40 PM
Alabama is an easier opponent. Do you people not know who their DC is? Christ-o-mighty shave me silly and slap me bald. There's no way in hell that moron -- Coach Carrot is going to mount a sufficient offense against OU.

I said it during the scary 3rd quarter of BU-TT Saturday and I'll say it again...who knew our MNC hopes would somehow depend on Baylor? (or at least a former failed coach) :D

Curly Bill
12/1/2008, 10:09 PM
I'd rather beat Florida, but I'd rather play Bammer. Florida's offense against our defense scares the hell outta me.

...and if you want to take this as a slap at Venables then be my guest.

VA Sooner
12/1/2008, 10:25 PM
Bama would be the better win. They would be undefeated in the National Championship game at that point and OU beating them would put to rest who reigns. Sorry Longhorns... maybe next year.

And I agree with the post above... OU defends the drop-back passer (like Texas Tech) better than a mobile QB (like McCoy, Robinson, and Tebow). Inexperience at middle LB position (and thus, lack of a QB spy) would put our defense on the heels of RBs, WRs, and 1 mobile QB.

Bama is the better opponent for an OU win... but more importantly, beating a consensus unbeaten, number 1 team in all polls except for the BCS computers is an added bonus.

Lott's Bandana
12/1/2008, 10:32 PM
Beating an undefeated Bammer would be better than beating a one-loss Florida.

If Bammer beats Florida, they will have all the noise and attention for the month prior to the MNC game, OU will spend that month hearing about how whorn should be there instead. This gives OU a serious underdog stature and we seem to thrive on anger.

Plus, beating an undefeated SEC team would firehose the "best one-loss team" argument. No one would listen to whiny whorn any longer.

We beat Florida, whorn will hang around like a drunk brother-in-law.

yermom
12/1/2008, 11:06 PM
Florida is way behind Texas

i'm not really sure they make it to #2 if they win anymore

the computers might have it out for them even if they beat Bama

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2008, 11:24 PM
I think Florida may be in trouble Saturday due to injuries. Thin on the D line with one guy out for sure and Percy Harvin's ankle injury looked pretty bad.

SoonerFrog
12/1/2008, 11:25 PM
I have been messing with excel sheets on and off all day today simulating four types of results: FLA BLOWOUT, FLA NIP, ALA NIP and ALA BLOWOUT (saw someone else on the board had done something similar as well).

Here's the short version, after a few thousand runs (I will withhold the assumptions unless someone really wants them)...We need to keep a computer lead due to the fact that the voters might drop us if we don't smush Mizzou sufficiently to the satisfaction of the Texas-lovers at ESPN.

The best chances for us to keep our margin by virtue of a healthy computer lead are, in order: ALA NIP, ALA BLOW, FLA NIP, FLA BLOW. In the case of FLA BLOW, it is possible that many of the computer points that were previously being hoarded by ALA will go to Texas (true in various extents in all four computers that consider margin.)

I think we need a small win by Bama to be safest, and if not that, a smashing. When FLA loses points, we get more of them than Tx does unless they lose a lot of them, in which case it is about a wash; when ALA loses points, Tx gets more of them than we do...unless I am modeling this wrong for some reason I am not thinking of.

It was a nice way to kill an afternoon anyway.

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 11:33 PM
I think Tebow would run on us.....

CatfishSooner
12/1/2008, 11:40 PM
I want to play texass

bluedogok
12/1/2008, 11:47 PM
I don't care, just beat the crap out out of ANYONE on the other side of the field.

Sooner98
12/1/2008, 11:58 PM
2. Tibeman might show up again. Beano's smackdown is still the funniest thing I've ever seen on the net.

I remember that was shortly after I joined Soonerfans, and after seeing that, saying to myself, "I'm home". :D

Please tell me someone saved that, I'd like to see it again.