PDA

View Full Version : OU Women vs UConn

KsSooner
12/1/2008, 05:25 PM
Anybody watch the game last night?

UConn looked every bit like the #1 team, by far. Thought OU was coming back, down by 22 and got it to 8, but UConn took over.

Ashley Paris looks like she trimmed down a bit and was alot quicker. She ran the floor really well. Wonder if Courtney would be even more dominating if she shed a few pounds. She looked gassed a couple of times coming down the floor.

soonervegas
12/1/2008, 06:09 PM
Has Courtney developed from her Freshman to Senior year? I know nothing about women's b-ball (so keep that in mind) but it always looked like they get run out of the gym by quicker teams.

jmr_77
12/1/2008, 07:35 PM
I have not noticed a great deal of improvement in Courtney Paris over the last 4 years. I think she would be even more dominant if she would drop 15 lbs or so. Not that she is not dominant already.

Tiptonsooner
12/1/2008, 08:19 PM
I noticed Sherry,,,,,, alot.:hot:

KsSooner
12/1/2008, 08:23 PM
It is hard to say if she has improved, based on my limited viewing. I did, however, see her in person at last year's OU vs OSU game. She is alot smoother than I thought she would be and has good foot work for a big gal. I was just impressed with Ashley as I have noticed a definite change in her game.
But, I love Courtney's game. She is a beast on the boards and has absolutely great hands.

Curly Bill
12/1/2008, 08:26 PM
From my limited watching Courtney is much the same player she was as a Frosh. Of course it could just look like that's the case since it was her freshman year when she last played with some good guards to help her out.

BudsBoy
12/1/2008, 09:27 PM
Courtney has not improved one iota since she arrived at OU. In fact she has regressed somewhat I think and I have seen every game she has played at home and quite a few on the road. I was real shocked that Sherri did not put her on a weight reduction program like she has for several girls who came to Norman who needed to slim down. I think Sherri has been afraid to do much with Courtney because she didn't want to upset her or Ashley. That said I think the main problem with our ladies who come to OU is the Norman High School Coaching staff. Sherri needed to bring in some D-1 experience at assistant but she brought in her best friend and best player from High School who played at Uconn and her old assistant from Norman High. Not one of them had a minute of D-1 experience. Just my opinion. I think with Sherri's inability to bring in top level players some shake up will need to be forced on her by Joe C. And don't say she brought in the Paris twins, because she was not even recruiting them. They called her after the point guard from Texas who was on their AAU team (which Sherri was after) told them they should look at Oklahoma.

OKC-SLC
12/1/2008, 09:28 PM
Another day, another loss against a top 10 team.

Oh well, I remember when we were about to drop women's basketball.