PDA

View Full Version : Florida vs OU??

Soonermagik
12/1/2008, 04:47 PM
If OU vs Florida happens.....

I watched some of the Florida/FSU game and they run Tebow a lot. If Tebow is shut down do they have any other offense? I know Michigan beat them in their bowl game last year, but I didn't get to watch much of it.

Does Florida have a legit running back? I know they have a good receiver in Harvin, but what about the rest of receivers? Oh... and they look to have a good TE.

In short, how does OU compare to Florida? I just pray that if we get to the NC we don't get hosed like the SC game. Here's to hoping big game Bob is back.:)

OKLA21FAN
12/1/2008, 04:49 PM
you are placing your cart in front of the equine :gary:

Sooner02
12/1/2008, 04:52 PM
you are placing your cart in front of the equine :gary:
Remember, we're fans, not players. We can speculate and count chickens all we want. :rolleyes:

Harry Beanbag
12/1/2008, 04:55 PM
Florida is one of about two teams that probably have better athletes than OU. Don't fool yourself, they can make OU look very very bad if things don't go well for us.

cheezyq
12/1/2008, 04:57 PM
Being completely honest, I think Florida isn't a whole lot better than OSU, and is probably similar to Mizzou (in style, not talent). Zac Robinson is faster, and I think Tebow is tougher/stronger. Harvin is more like a Jeremy Maclin-type than Dez Bryant, and will be a tough matchup...but not unstoppable. Everyone raves about Florida having both a great offense and defense, but I haven't seen anything about their defense that impresses me. I'd be more afraid of Alabama than Florida. Florida just benefits from Kirk Herbstreit's lame and fact-less rants.

Sooner02
12/1/2008, 04:58 PM
Florida is one of about two teams that probably have better athletes than OU. Don't fool yourself, they can make OU look very very bad if things don't go well for us.
OMG :eek: do we have to play Florida if we (and they) win Saturday? Why can't we just go to the Fiesta again? :rolleyes:

Thesifer
12/1/2008, 05:00 PM
Harvin is hurt maybe for the season. High ankle Sprain I think it was, but I haven't heard recent news on that.

Harry Beanbag
12/1/2008, 05:01 PM
Being completely honest, I think Florida isn't a whole lot better than OSU, and is probably similar to Mizzou (in style, not talent). Zac Robinson is faster, and I think Tebow is tougher/stronger. Harvin is more like a Jeremy Maclin-type than Dez Bryant, and will be a tough matchup...but not unstoppable. Everyone raves about Florida having both a great offense and defense, but I haven't seen anything about their defense that impresses me. I'd be more afraid of Alabama than Florida. Florida just benefits from Kirk Herbstreit's lame and fact-less rants.

Speaking of facts, try checking out Florida's from this season, offense and defense.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&div=IA&site=org

Thesifer
12/1/2008, 05:20 PM
Speaking of facts, try checking out Florida's from this season, offense and defense.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&div=IA&site=org

Just don't look at Kickoff Return Defense for OU :-P Most TDs allowed.. tons of yards.. sigh.
108 Oklahoma 89 2209 4 24.82 108 15 11 1 0

OklahomaTuba
12/1/2008, 05:20 PM
Ole **** beat Florida in their house. I'm not worried AT ALL.

Bama looks like a slow *** big 10 team, but Saban is crazyman when it comes to defense.

Beating the aggots in stoolwater will be more difficult than beating Florida.

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 05:50 PM
I honestly do not like our chances of shutting Tebow down, on the run.

TheGodfather889
12/1/2008, 06:54 PM
Florida is a lot better than Oklahoma State especially athletically. Florida is extremely athletic especially on the defensive side of the football. I think with how athletic their defense is they would have the ability to slow down OU's offense but I still think it's powerful enough to put up points. However the biggest concern is OU's defense. I'm still convinced that OU's defense is not very good at times and is very inconsistent. Florida's offensive line is good and they use a number of backs and they are good. Emmanuel Woody is a good back and they use a couple of other small quick backs. The majority of their running game is primarily with Tebow and Percy Harvin and I'm sure he would play in that game. I think OU would have to win the battle up front on the offensive and defensive lines. If they do not I do not think OU has the linebacking play to slow down Tim Tebow. If OU does not execute offensively and defensively, they could easily be embarrassed by Florida. The Florida Gators are probably the fastest and most athletic team in college football. I think OU would match up better with Alabama even though their offensive and defensive lines are very good as well.

cburgsooner
12/1/2008, 07:03 PM
I just read on the net , i dont know how to put the site on here but if Florida beats Alabama there is a very good chance it would be OU vs tu in the champoinship game, it was some BCS site.

MojoRisen
12/1/2008, 07:18 PM
They have Chris Rainey and Emanual Moody at Running Back - both are damn good players..

I noticed that FSU was able to spread it out on them and run the ball as well.

We can score on them, and I hope that we have a high octaine BV style defense!

We need to prepare this year even though we don't know them that much- we need to be prepared for anything they have done and for things they might could do...

OU-HSV
12/1/2008, 08:34 PM
Some of you seem to be taking Florida lightly and I don't get it. People, I don't think they're a joke of any sorts. Besides OU they have been the hottest team in the nation mid/late season, hands down. And I'm not just saying that because ESPN says that...they are legit, I've watched them play and they look good to me. IF we end up playing them...we can't act like we can show up and win, we know where that gets us in BCS bowls.

I honestly do not like our chances of shutting Tebow down, on the run.

And I don't know about you all, but the other night vs. sheephumpers, I saw a Venable's defense that once again seemed to not be coached properly to stop/contain a mobile QB. And if you thought Robinson had some big plays on the ground, just wait for Tim Tebow if Venables has that same type of scheme playing against Florida. I don't know how to fix it, that's BV's job...but I do know that if we drop our LBs 10 yards deep when the ball is snapped like we did against osu, then Tebow will be causing some major problems.
That being said, I'm glad we beat sheephumpers and that we're in the position that we're in. So now let's beat Mizzou and hope that Bama can beat Florida.

cvsooner
12/1/2008, 08:42 PM
Florida's good but I think Alabama will beat them. I think it will be a close game but Saban's defense will make the difference. Bama, 21-17.

Soonermagik
12/1/2008, 08:45 PM
Some of you seem to be taking Florida lightly and I don't get it. People, I don't think they're a joke of any sorts. Besides OU they have been the hottest team in the nation mid/late season, hands down. And I'm not just saying that because ESPN says that...they are legit, I've watched them play and they look good to me. IF we end up playing them...we can't act like we can show up and win, we know where that gets us in BCS bowls.

And I don't know about you all, but the other night vs. sheephumpers, I saw a Venable's defense that once again seemed to not be coached properly to stop/contain a mobile QB. And if you thought Robinson had some big plays on the ground, just wait for Tim Tebow if Venables has that same type of scheme playing against Florida. I don't know how to fix it, that's BV's job...but I do know that if we drop our LBs 10 yards deep when the ball is snapped like we did against osu, then Tebow will be causing some major problems.
That being said, I'm glad we beat sheephumpers and that we're in the position that we're in. So now let's beat Mizzou and hope that Bama can beat Florida.

No doubt Robison can scramble, but Tebow does it every other play. IMHO, we are going to have to put 7 athletic guys in the box to shut him down. Personally, I think Nic Harris matches up well (size & speed) to slow down the Tebow attack.

If OU plays Florida I want Tebow to have to beat us with his arm and not his legs.

In short, if the defense can just allow our offense to get an 11 point lead like we did in the OSU game then we just put the gas pedal down and never let up.

Dan Thompson
12/1/2008, 08:49 PM
The game is at Florida and they are favored by 9.5 - 10.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/?s=780

OU-HSV
12/1/2008, 08:52 PM
No doubt Robison can scramble, but Tebow does it every other play. IMHO, we are going to have to put 7 athletic guys in the box to shut him down. Personally, I think Nic Harris matches up well (size & speed) to slow down the Tebow attack.

If OU plays Florida I want Tebow to have to beat us with his arm and not his legs.

In short, if the defense can just allow our offense to get an 11 point lead like we did in the OSU game then we just put the gas pedal down and never let up.

Yep, we'll have to figure out a way to stop Tebow's ground game, I agree completely, we want him to HAVE to throw.
You may be onto something with Nic Harris.

cvsooner
12/1/2008, 09:03 PM
The game is at Florida and they are favored by 9.5 - 10.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/?s=780

Naw, the game is in Atlanta at the Georgia Dome. Florida may be the "home" team, but it's a neutral site.

insuranceman_22
12/1/2008, 09:36 PM
From what I saw, I think Balogan might be the one to stop Tebow's ground game. Harris is good, but he's 20 lbs. lighter than Balogan. Balogan is used to (at least in practice I hope) bringing the wood around the line of scrim., Harris can be our punisher from safety.

Tebow is not the same type player as Robinson. Tebow won't kill you with speed, but he'll run through arm tackles and push piles, he's very stong, but doesn't run a 4.5. Florida is scary good, but then again so OUr the Sooners.

We gotta handle Mizzou and THEN play the sec champ for all the marbles.

Stoop Dawg
12/1/2008, 09:56 PM
Tackling Tebow is like tackling air. Maybe that's good, because Harris tackled a LOT of air against OSU.

GottaHavePride
12/1/2008, 10:07 PM
Balogun was wrapping guys up right. IF we face Tebow, I think Balogun's the guy to drive the Pain Train.

Curly Bill
12/1/2008, 10:17 PM
I did like what I saw out of Mr. Balogun in his time Saturday...and I asked myself: this guy hasn't been playing why?

...and my guess is it's about learning the scheme or something, not that it's stopped us from playing guys before who didn't seem to know it. :D

ba-dum crash, thank ya very much.