PDA

View Full Version : Watch my thread at hornfans.com deteriorate...

batonrougesooner
12/1/2008, 04:36 PM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5815547&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

It ends with wishes for the entire team to die in a plane crash and for tornadoes to hit Oklahoma. Very few level heads over there.

Not alot of "discussion" on this board.

Who are these people?:eek:

PDXsooner
12/1/2008, 04:41 PM
ha ha, that's great!!

SoonerWally
12/1/2008, 04:47 PM
Wow! So much anger and such short memories.

Harry Beanbag
12/1/2008, 04:53 PM
I've always wanted to believe that the inhabitants of hornfans.com are the fringe lunatics of the Longhorn fanbase, but I've never been able to convince myself of it.

Jacie
12/1/2008, 04:54 PM
Sooners posting at hornfans.com in normal times (say, the off season) can expect at least half of any replies to be on the order of "OU sucks" or worse.

To start one when the pro-Texas contigent is ready to start Civil War II is begging for insults.

Texas fans = crybabies

bri
12/1/2008, 04:56 PM
Great, you just made me post over there for the first time in who knows how many years. :D

Hot Rod
12/1/2008, 04:57 PM
They're just mad that they lost money on that dumb banner plane!

leavingthezoo
12/1/2008, 04:58 PM
that's pretty over the top and good for the guys who called the death wish jerk down. i'm not sure why you would want to go over there in the first place, though...

leavingthezoo
12/1/2008, 04:58 PM
don't you feel tainted?

:D

sooner518
12/1/2008, 04:59 PM
That cross eyed [censored] you call a quarterback was still in the game AND throwing deep late in the game once it was already in hand and decided.
He threw a deep ball with 2 minutes left....IN THE 3rd QUARTER!

He had another TD on a screen pass from the 28 that Broyles broke for the TD. This was with 14 minutes left in the game.... Colty was in the TAMU game later than this

Then you brought your backup qb in but left the rest of the starting offense in and continued to throw. Once again that is the definition of running up the score.
Halzle was 3-4 for 22 yards. His drive ended with our 3rd string RB essentially falling down at the goal line for 3 straight plays so we dont break 70.....

This is my favorite quote from the UT board:

OU had been outscored 63-48 in the 4th quarter this season heading into Saturday's game in Stillwater.

GrapevineSooner
12/1/2008, 05:00 PM
Hornfans.com is the Democratic Underground/Free Republic of the sports messageboards.

IBleedCrimson
12/1/2008, 05:08 PM
Thats the angriest group of college football fans I've ever seen gathered together. Gods country my ***

oudivesherpa
12/1/2008, 05:13 PM
My signature says it all....

Skysooner
12/1/2008, 05:15 PM
So far, I have also seen one poster ask if OU would cede its place in the B12 Championship out of the goodness of our hearts since it was a "travesty" (everybody laughed that one down). There are numerous threads about what if there is more of a backlash and OU doesn't soundly beat MU (we will) whether UT could pass us up for the MNC game.

tommieharris91
12/1/2008, 05:28 PM
Heh, I've seen some numbers that show that Florida will have trouble passing OU and Texas in the computers if they win on Saturday.

cheezyq
12/1/2008, 05:32 PM
I like the argument that "Bob Stoops runs up the score and Mack Brown would have taken a knee". Again, using facts isn't a UT fan's strong suit:

OU points in 4th quarter: 69
OU opponent points in 4th quarter: 82
UT points in 4th quarter: 115
UT opponent points in 4th quarter: 61

LOL, they're whining about us running up the score and they outscore their opponents 115-61 in the 4th quarter. "Mack Brown would take a knee..." - MY A**!! Heck, UT poured it on the hapless AtM at a rate of 21-6 in the 4th quarter with the game clearly over...the SAME WEEK that they b*tch about OU scoring outscoring OSU 24-15 ON THE ROAD in a game that was as close as 44-41 midway through the 4th quarter. Friggin' morons.

Here's another funny anomaly from the numbers above - it proves clearly that we're the better team. Aside from UT and OSU, all our games were over before the 4th quarter began, allowing us to coast and let the opponent score more points. UT fans are just mad because they got their "style points" in the 4th quarter against teams like Rice, UTEP, Florida Atlantic, and AtM - while OU was getting their "style points" in the 1st and 2nd quarters against Cincinnati, TCU, and Texas Tech.

SCOUT
12/1/2008, 05:37 PM
I thought the longing for tornado season was over the top, but at least one person said they were only joking. Then I read this gem
Thanks Earl. I think I got it out of my system - for now. That being said I wouldn't lose a lick of sleep if Norman was wiped off the map. Or the Sooner charter plane crashed.

Way to show everyone your true colors.

HappyClappyMackBrown
12/1/2008, 05:47 PM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5815547&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

It ends with wishes for the entire team to die in a plane crash and for tornadoes to hit Oklahoma. Very few level heads over there.

Not alot of "discussion" on this board.

Who are these people?:eek:

You go over there to troll them, what do you think is going to happen?

BTW you aren't cool and its not funny in the least (dont hate the player? hate the game? Lame). In fact you come off like a huge ****ing ****** bag, I am embarrassed to be associated with people like you.

oubose
12/1/2008, 05:56 PM
When your true colors are shorthorn calf sh*t orange what else do you expect!

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 05:57 PM
**** those dudes.

Mack Brown 1 big 12 championship
Bob Stoops 5 ... soon to be 6.

Stoops knew exactly what we had to do to win through the system.

bri
12/1/2008, 05:59 PM
Huh, there hasn't been a lot of chatter in that thread since I brought up Classy Mack's 21-point 4th quarter against Aggie. Go figure.

HappyClappyMackBrown
12/1/2008, 06:00 PM
**** those dudes.

Mack Brown 1 big 12 championship
Bob Stoops 5 ... soon to be 6.

Stoops knew exactly what we had to do to win through the system.

Yup, I credit Stoops 100% for Techs 4th Qtr comeback against Baylor.

SoonerObsession
12/1/2008, 06:03 PM
Message boards are scary! I've seen fans from every university board that I've visited spew venom at fans, players, and coaches from other schools. People take this too dang seriously. I recognize that sometimes I let it effect me too much. There's so much hate out there that it seems like people have lost their minds. I would have been disappointed if OU had not made it to the Championship game against Missouri. But wanting people to die because you think your team got hosed is ridiculous. I'm hopeful that psychotic posts we see our a not representative of how most of the fans feel.

SicEmBaylor
12/1/2008, 06:08 PM
We have some well respected regulars from Texas on there.
Since when is Lid a well respected poster? ;)

yermom
12/1/2008, 06:11 PM
i love that Texas fans are griping about Bob Stoops whining and running up the score

i think they were trying to get Halzle a TD on senior night, but it didn't happen

as for scoring that last TD in Stoolwater, the freakin' Aggies called a time out instead of letting the game end. then they just let Chris Brown waltz in untouched a few seconds later

but the whining? that takes the cake

BudSooner
12/1/2008, 06:33 PM
Huh, there hasn't been a lot of chatter in that thread since I brought up Classy Mack's 21-point 4th quarter against Aggie. Go figure.
Facts utterly confuse the horned ones, you of all people should know that by now. ;)

"You were the chosen one, you were supposed to destroy the Sooners....not help them in the polls....I loved you Mack, you were my....bubba....."

Heh.:D

batonrougesooner
12/1/2008, 06:38 PM
You go over there to troll them, what do you think is going to happen?

BTW you aren't cool and its not funny in the least (dont hate the player? hate the game? Lame). In fact you come off like a huge ****ing ****** bag, I am embarrassed to be associated with people like you.

You aren't associated with me. I don't even know you.

I wasn't trolling. I was respectful and not attempting to pick a fight.

You on the other hand...:texan:

picasso
12/1/2008, 06:39 PM
such a sad lot. I told 'em after the RRS game as we were leaving downtown that they (Texas) had to win out.

bitches didn't listen.

Rocker
12/1/2008, 06:43 PM
I guess.............
They don't like us very much over there on hornfans!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2008, 06:44 PM
So far, I have also seen one poster ask if OU would cede its place in the B12 Championship out of the goodness of our hearts since it was a "travesty" (everybody laughed that one down). There are numerous threads about what if there is more of a backlash and OU doesn't soundly beat MU (we will) whether UT could pass us up for the MNC game.

If McCoy would have said "Oh, he barely touched me going out of bounds, we can't accept the penalty" we would cede the CCG slot.

picasso
12/1/2008, 06:46 PM
they already hated us. this is just going to send it to an entirely different disgusting level.

HappyClappyMackBrown
12/1/2008, 06:53 PM
If any of the Whorns fans have any questions about the BCS you can always direct them to:

www.gaymariotti.com

which has an easy to read break down of the BCS rankings and formula on the front page. (this is safe for work, so dont worry)

mdklatt
12/1/2008, 06:54 PM
**** UT fans.

BudSooner
12/1/2008, 06:55 PM
I want to eat their children, wait....no I don't....Mangino said they taste like cat turds.

SouthCarolinaSooner
12/1/2008, 07:00 PM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5816814&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=2

this one is pretty good too

CatfishSooner
12/1/2008, 07:04 PM
texas = gay

SCOUT
12/1/2008, 07:11 PM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5816814&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=2

this one is pretty good too

OK, that thread was awesome. The ut fans are trying to demean the Cal fan by pointing out the fact that Cal lost to Texas Tech. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

I guess the jokes about ut fans forgetting about the Tech game this year have more merit than I thought.

StoopTroup
12/1/2008, 07:12 PM
texas got screwed.

I'm really broken up about it too.

I just wish there was something we could do to help them.

Oh well.....:D

cheezyq
12/1/2008, 07:20 PM

LOL, note that he said "posters from Texas", not UT fans. ;)

birddog
12/1/2008, 07:42 PM
I like the argument that "Bob Stoops runs up the score and Mack Brown would have taken a knee". Again, using facts isn't a UT fan's strong suit:

OU points in 4th quarter: 69
OU opponent points in 4th quarter: 82
UT points in 4th quarter: 115
UT opponent points in 4th quarter: 61

LOL, they're whining about us running up the score and they outscore their opponents 115-61 in the 4th quarter. "Mack Brown would take a knee..." - MY A**!! Heck, UT poured it on the hapless AtM at a rate of 21-6 in the 4th quarter with the game clearly over...the SAME WEEK that they b*tch about OU scoring outscoring OSU 24-15 ON THE ROAD in a game that was as close as 44-41 midway through the 4th quarter. Friggin' morons.

Here's another funny anomaly from the numbers above - it proves clearly that we're the better team. Aside from UT and OSU, all our games were over before the 4th quarter began, allowing us to coast and let the opponent score more points. UT fans are just mad because they got their "style points" in the 4th quarter against teams like Rice, UTEP, Florida Atlantic, and AtM - while OU was getting their "style points" in the 1st and 2nd quarters against Cincinnati, TCU, and Texas Tech.

i hope you are sending them this info. i love to see arguments based around opinions when the other side has facts.

batonrougesooner
12/1/2008, 09:16 PM

Now that you mention it, I think Lid is the only Texas regular over here.

I wonder what his take is on this thread and the subject as a whole.

cheezyq
12/1/2008, 10:04 PM
i hope you are sending them this info. i love to see arguments based around opinions when the other side has facts.

I would, but I was bained a looooooong time ago from that place. They don't like that thing called "lawjick" over there.

Leroy Lizard
12/1/2008, 10:57 PM
Opponent: Florida Atlantic, 8:34 left, leading 45-10, Chiles throws a 29-yard pass for a TD.