PDA

View Full Version : Patriots vs Giants (Texas vs OU) Argument

Soonermagik
12/1/2008, 04:05 PM
Remember when the Patriots went into Giants Stadium a few weeks before the end of the season and won? I do!! I also remember a few weeks later the Giants defeated the Pats on a neutral field for the superbowl.

Hence, a head to head win doesn't appear to mean much. The Giants were playing better a few games later into the season and defeated the Patriots. I think this argument could be used for OU Texas.

OKLA21FAN
12/1/2008, 04:31 PM
pfffttttt

Dallas beat the Giants TWICE in the regular season. once by 10 at home, and 11 on the road :texan:

TUSooner
12/1/2008, 04:33 PM
The only reason Texas's argument appears to have merit is because the game was at a neutral site and they won their remaining games... Oh wait - they LOST one, didn't they? Oh yeah. It was OU who won the rest of OUr games. Sorry about that little mix-up.

Head to head is actually pretty good... usually, but the fact remains that sometiomes teams get better after a loss and sometimes superior teams lose to inferior teams (which is what we sports experts call "upsets" by the way.) Is Ole Miss better than UFla? Oregon St better than USC? Those scenarios arise all the time.