PDA

View Full Version : This has nothing to do with the current issues...

8timechamps
12/1/2008, 01:50 PM
Came across this today, and it just made me smile. Enjoy:

5 Questions for.. Brian Bosworth

"I'd love to move back to Norman," says the 39-year-old Boz, now a resident of Malibu, Calif., "but there ain't no way in hell my wife would let me." One can dream, at least, so the ex-Oklahoma star ('84-86) took time out from shooting a 2005 remake of The Longest Yard to get nostalgic about Norman.

1. "The Boz's Guide to Norman," please.

The only place I can remember in Norman is Camille's, [a hair salon] where Camille and I invented "the Boz." I'd sit down in that barber chair, and we'd invent some weird s--- like the mohawk and tail with colors and stuff. That place is gone now. Everything's changed since my day.

2. Would a quiet country boy with curly blond locks like Jason White have fit in on your teams?

He'd have fit in, but I don't know if he'd have survived. It might have changed him. The thing with us was, we had a coach who let stuff like me fly. Coach Stoops knows better, and that's why you have kids like Jason. We were all characters in my day. Almost make-believe.

3. Someone recently pulled a prank at your rival, Oklahoma State. They're rebuilding the brick wall around the football stadium, and someone wrote OU in the bricks.

[b]Well, it was probably a retarded Texas alum who didn't know how to spell OSU. But that OSU-OU rivalry is all bull----. Texas-OU is the real rivalry. You can never take away my hatred of those a-------.

4. You even got into trouble for bad-mouthing Texas during your gig as a commentator on TBS last year.

Wasn't the first time I pissed on Texas. Won't be the last.

5. Currently you're working on a remake of The Longest Yard with Nelly, Adam Sandler and, of all people, Miami alum Michael Irvin, whom you've met on the field before.

I play on the prison guard team, and the other day we were going over some of the scenes for a game we're filming. I made sure to pull someone aside and make him promise to send Michael across the middle. Him and Nelly. I love those guys, but there won't be any of that jive talk and dancing on this field, I promise you that. -- Adam Duerson

Issue date: September 9, 2004

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/1/2008, 01:53 PM
That has nothing to do with the current issues.

8timechamps
12/1/2008, 02:00 PM
Did I mention this has nothing to do with the current issues?

Aries
12/1/2008, 02:24 PM
Did I mention this has nothing to do with the current issues?

Good. I'm a little burned out on the current issues.

8timechamps
12/1/2008, 02:27 PM
Me too. That's why I was looking at Sooner stuff from the past and came across this.

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/1/2008, 02:28 PM
I thought it was funny.

Hot Rod
12/1/2008, 02:36 PM
When does this movie come out?

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/1/2008, 02:37 PM
lol

frankensooner
12/1/2008, 02:50 PM
YOu know something, I don't think that was a current article, he is a year or so older than me and I am 42. ;)

8timechamps
12/1/2008, 02:59 PM
YOu know something, I don't think that was a current article, he is a year or so older than me and I am 42. ;)

You're wrong dude. I found it on the enterweb today!

Am I the only smart one here?!1

LoyalFan
12/1/2008, 03:04 PM
I likes me the current issue of "Chubby Japanese Girls Inventing New Uses For Chopsticks". Now THAT'S current...220v.

LF

OUMallen
12/1/2008, 03:14 PM
That has nothing to do with the current issues.

But it is relevant to my interests.

Stoop Dawg
12/1/2008, 03:21 PM
Wasn't the first time I pissed on Texas. Won't be the last.

:D

My Opinion Matters
12/1/2008, 03:27 PM
See the thing about 8timechamps is it's impossible for him to offer any information that's topical or relevant.

BOOO 8XC

8timechamps
12/1/2008, 03:34 PM
See the thing about 8timechamps is it's impossible for him to offer any information that's topical or relevant.

BOOO 8XC

Shhhhhhh

They don't know that yet.

You always ruin it for everyone!

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/1/2008, 03:35 PM
But it is relevant to my interests.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.