PDA

View Full Version : Live Blog: Brad Edwards...espn

mOUse
12/1/2008, 12:57 PM
linky: http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=23879

Just posed this Q: Why does head to head matter to most in a three way tie and not in a two way tie: for instance if OU looses, then Tech won the head to head vs UT.
Conversely, why should the BCS matter in the event of a two way tie where TT won vs. UT but UT would go to the CCG, whereas, there seems to be a problem with OU winning the threeway tiebreaker BECAUSE of the BCS?

I doubt I get a reply though.

The Maestro
12/1/2008, 01:01 PM
I love this exchange...

Dave (Austin): Any idea who gave OU the two first-place votes in the coaches poll?

Brad Edwards: (12:48 PM ET ) Nobody knows how the coaches voted this week. But you need to realize that OU had four first-place votes in the coaches' poll the previous week and lost two of them after winning a road game by 20 points against the No. 11 team in the nation. What makes less sense is why Texas suddenly got a first-place vote in the Harris poll after the win over A&M. Texas has looked that good ever since the loss to Tech. Why wait until this week to vote them No. 1 for the first time? Hmmm

sooner518
12/1/2008, 01:03 PM
Dave (Austin): Does Texas have a shot at keeping the number two slot in the AP poll after next week's games? More importantly, could they move up to number one if OU wins the BCS championship?

oh boy, here goes that split national title crap. I wonder if UT would make ANOTHER fake crystal ball if this happens.

TUSooner
12/1/2008, 01:41 PM
***Just posed this Q: Why does head to head matter to most in a three way tie and not in a two way tie: for instance if OU looses, then Tech won the head to head vs UT.
Conversely, why should the BCS matter in the event of a two way tie where TT won vs. UT but UT would go to the CCG, whereas, there seems to be a problem with OU winning the threeway tiebreaker BECAUSE of the BCS?

I doubt I get a reply though.

He'll probably reply at least to point out that you don't even know how to spell "loses".
I got nuthin'.......:O