PDA

View Full Version : This article has already been posted, but under the wrong context

sooneron
12/1/2008, 11:57 AM
So, you should read it-

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8853534/The-story-ESPN-doesn%27t-want-you-to-know

You might disagree about his qb analysis, but he's dead on about espin.

OUinFLA
12/1/2008, 12:15 PM
wow

TMcGee86
12/1/2008, 12:32 PM
Meh. I agree about the coach, sounds like he has done a wonderful job, but he contradicts his manlove for the QB by sneaking this in near the end of the article:

Brady Hoke and the defense elevated their production and performance from the moment paramedics carted Love off the field. While the offense struggled to score points without Love, the defense kept the opposition out of the end zone and created turnovers

What? I thought he said earlier that the QB was doing all this with no one around him and that Bradford wasn't' as good because he had gobs of talent surrounding him.

And that's another thing, no one in the country even knew Manny or Juaquin's name before this season. Now all of the sudden they are the two most talented WR's in teh world! Ignoring the fact that when one of them was out, the Offense kept right on breaking scoring records, not missing a beat.

To be honest, I haven't watched a Ball State game this year. But I saw Bradford make throws Saturday night that I could not believe were possible. And then come to find out, he was doing all this with torn ligaments in his hand.

The Ball St. QB probably does have better scramble ability, but there's no one, and I mean no one in the country who has better precision than Sam. He's a freak. I wasn't a true believer till Saturday night. I'm still in awe.

Of course, no one talks about that because all anyone cares about is that Ut got screwed. Hell you'd have to read a paper to even find out we won Saturday, much less won by 20 pts.

But you are right, he's pegged ESPN correctly.

Ton Loc
12/1/2008, 12:33 PM
Damn straight he's dead-on about ESPN. Its one of the reasons he no longer works there.

I never really liked his articles that much before, but he has the ability to throw some truth out every now and then. And I have no idea about the Ball State QB, so I have no comment on his rational of the dude being better than Sam.

budbarrybob
12/1/2008, 12:35 PM
Does he work for Fox because ESPiN didn't hire him? Wonder if that should have been one of his disclosures? and he definitely has a beef with jockless Fowler LOL

stoopified
12/1/2008, 12:36 PM
I still think is as lame as self-serving as the first time I read it.Ball State,their QB,coach may be very good but they are little league,If they want respect,earn it.Come to Woen Field and play,I bet Bob would take a two home date for 1 deal.Until mid -majorsare willing to come play the big boys(OU,USC,UT,PSU,TOSU,UF,Bama,etc) they are doomed and rightly so in my opinon ,to anonymity.

Oldnslo
12/1/2008, 12:40 PM
That's big.

I have a problem with the reporters of the news becoming the news. That's why the AP decided to no longer participate in the BCS rankings: there cannot be any question of objectivity... if you're wanting to be a legitimate news source.

On the other hand, if you're just, you know infotainment , then objectivity can be optional.

TMcGee86
12/1/2008, 12:43 PM
Does he work for Fox because ESPiN didn't hire him? Wonder if that should have been one of his disclosures? and he definitely has a beef with jockless Fowler LOL

He did. He wrote in there that ESPN fired him because of his stance on Barry Bonds.

TUSooner
12/1/2008, 12:45 PM
ESPN is so financially tied to the organizations it covers and so devoid of basic journalistic ethics that it cannot properly analyze the sports world.

That's truly frightening if you think about it.

Blues1
12/1/2008, 12:48 PM
I Like This Guy....!!!
Double Wow ..... :)

bluedogok
12/1/2008, 12:58 PM
The manlove for Ball State comes from the fact that he played there, so he is a Ball State alum. It is early in the article.

This was going to be your run-of-the-mill, I-told-you-so column gloating about my Ball State Cardinals running the regular-season table and climbing to No. 15 in the BCS poll.

I predicted all of this in August, and many of you justifiably thought I was simply mouthing off about my favorite football team in hopes of shining light on my long forgotten, never-remembered, mediocre playing days at Ball State and hamming it up in hopes of landing an invite to Dave Letterman's "Late Show."

Look, there are people with tape of Western Michigan's Joel Smeenge waltzing by me in 1987 and 1988. I have no interest in drawing attention to my playing career. And as much as I love and support my fellow BSU alum, Letterman, the "Late Show" doesn't quite stack up to sharing Oprah's stage. I've been to the mountain top.

oupride
12/1/2008, 01:06 PM
Incredible. Thanks for the post.

IBleedCrimson
12/1/2008, 01:29 PM
They nailed espn... I'd much rather have Sammy than Nate Davis tho

sooneron
12/1/2008, 02:23 PM
I still think is as lame as self-serving as the first time I read it.Ball State,their QB,coach may be very good but they are little league,If they want respect,earn it.Come to Woen Field and play,I bet Bob would take a two home date for 1 deal.Until mid -majorsare willing to come play the big boys(OU,USC,UT,PSU,TOSU,UF,Bama,etc) they are doomed and rightly so in my opinon ,to anonymity.
Uh, I think he pretty much said that Ball State does not belong in the picture b/c they haven't played any ooc big boys this year. He expects them, if they win, to finish 10-15, which is pretty fair. If you win every game, I think you belong somewhere in the top 20.

And he does proclaim his homerism pretty much right off the bat.