PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Enemy Territory

SoonerInKCMO
12/1/2008, 11:24 AM
Here in a few weeks, I will be a new resident of the state that is home to the other Big Red. Yep, Nebraska. Omaha to be specific. The old job went bye-bye a little while ago so I had to get me a new one. Tried to get one in OKC... blew the interview... after sitting on I-35 for an hour+ waiting on some stupid seatbelt check and showing up five minutes late. Thanks OHP. :mad:

However, I am excited about the new job. Nice people on the team. Work should be interesting. Solid company. Good pay and benefits. :)

So... if you were were becoming an Omahan (Omahaan? Omahaite? :confused: ) and would be working near 84th & Dodge, where would you live?

SoonerJack
12/1/2008, 11:35 AM
are you going to change your name to SoonerInOmaha? lol

Viking Kitten
12/1/2008, 11:37 AM
:les:OMA-HOWNED!

Congrats on the job. Fooey that it's not here.

mdklatt
12/1/2008, 11:41 AM
There are worse to places to live than Omaha. I'm assuming.

royalfan5
12/1/2008, 06:03 PM
If you are looking for one bedroom apt. in a quality complex at 184th and West Dodge, I know one that will be opening up soon. Since you will work in almost Mid-town, I would look for places in Dundee which is old money Omaha. You get to far north it get sketchy, as well as too far south. It depends on what you are looking for, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out while I still live here.

picasso
12/1/2008, 06:43 PM
sorry you've got to move out of KC. hope it goes well man!

BigRedJed
12/1/2008, 06:50 PM
are you going to change your name to SoonerInOmaha? lol
It would be more like SoonerInOmahaNE, duh.

BigRedJed
12/1/2008, 06:51 PM
Unless Omaha has some catchy two letter abbreviation I don't know about, which would make it different.