PDA

View Full Version : The Real Crapola About the CCG

PLaw
12/1/2008, 11:24 AM
is that a 9-3 Mizzery team ranked #20 with its best win coming at Nebbish is in the CCG. I get the whole division thing. But in a year when one division is clearly superior with higher ranked teams, then the best CCG should rematch the two highest ranked teams.

If we can't get to logical solution to break a 3-way tie and the other division doesn't have a team in the Top 12, then let the two highest ranked teams, regardless of division play for the conference championship.

Now, texass is begging for a rematch with Mizzery. My bet is they don't want any part of a rematch with OU. And that's why OU should be in the CCG, period.

BOOMER

noobalicious
12/1/2008, 11:34 AM
I would make the rule this:

If there is a three way tie in one division, and one team from the other division has qualified...two teams from the same division may go to the CCG if:

(a) The lone-qualifier team is ranked lower than the other three teams in the BCS standings.
(b) The team has more than double the amount of conference losses as the teams in the other division.

Under this provision, Mizzou is left out because they are ranked lower than Tech, and because they have 3 conference losses.

That being said, Mizzou is still a good team and we need to beat them. It's just that UT or TT would be more deserving picks for the CCG.

ouwapiti
12/1/2008, 11:54 AM
my solution is to get rid of iowa state and baylor....then there would be no need for divisions........iowa state and baylor need to be in mid major conferences....no way they'll ever compete consistently in the big 12.........off with their heads !!!!!!

guzziguy
12/1/2008, 12:33 PM
my solution is to get rid of iowa state and baylor....then there would be no need for divisions........iowa state and baylor need to be in mid major conferences....no way they'll ever compete consistently in the big 12.........off with their heads !!!!!!

Baylor seems to be on the way up. Perhaps we should dump aTM?

ouwapiti
12/1/2008, 12:49 PM
i live 40 miles from waco.....the only people that give a crap about baylor are in the waco area...plus, their stadium is not up to big 12 standards and they dont ever sell out..they only get a few top level athletes every year too.....if they were in a conference where they could cosistently compete their interest level would increase in my opinion...they are on the way up, i agree, but i just dont see them ever in the big mix.......cant dump aggies... their fan base is huge even though they've been in the crapper the last few years