PDA

View Full Version : With all this OU hate, is it possible we get jumped?

noobalicious
12/1/2008, 11:21 AM
Is it possible that the voters in the Harris poll (or maybe even the coaches poll) would penalize OU enough for Texas feeling slighted that we would get jumped despite a win?

Let's say we cover the spread ~14 pts and win 52-37.

How many votes would they need to sway again in order to make up the deficit in the computer rankings?

Personally I don't think that's possible, but I think about 98% of the media is turning this into a UT love-fest and an OU hate-fest.

kevpks
12/1/2008, 11:27 AM
They wouldn't dare put a team that didn't even play for their own conference title in ahead of a conference champion. They didn't put Georgia in last year and they had one less loss than :les:

MarylandSooner
12/1/2008, 11:32 AM
Speaking of the media, ESPN is having its latest hourly OU beatdown and UT suckfest.

this would all be very funny if it were not sad.

HolaKyle
12/1/2008, 11:34 AM
They wouldn't dare put a team that didn't even play for their own conference title in ahead of a conference champion. They didn't put Georgia in last year and they had one less loss than :les:

I agree. The only thing that worries me is the SEC champion is going to steal some of our computer power.

mOUse
12/1/2008, 11:34 AM
I did hear this senario on fox yesterday:
If mack campaings and gets the coaches to swing votes, then the two human polls COULD outwiegh the computers.
However, the guy said the most likely senario would be that if OU wipes Mizzou, it will likely swing more votes to OU in the AP that the other way around. This is because if the leave UT higher than OU in the polls and UT looses to either Alabama or Florida than its a mute point any way. The thinking is that more votes would go to the team that is playing in the B12 championship and forget the one not playing.

stoopified
12/1/2008, 11:36 AM
Well as long as we win the hate won't matter.We still have not only the computers on OUr side but also the COACHES.EVERYONE seems to forget the Coaches STILL have OU ahead of the Puke Orange Cows.

mOUse
12/1/2008, 11:38 AM
by the way, i don't think there is a rule that teams that don't win thier conf. can't play in the champ game. The voters are just less likely to let that happen. Thats why the feeling is, if OU doesn't win in KC, the voters will swing votes to USC, since they have the same record, better schedule and are conference champs.

nytehorn
12/1/2008, 11:39 AM
You guys are worrying about nothing here. If you win against Mizzou, NO WAY does anyone jump you but Florida, and Bama would fall below you. Win, and you are at worst #2, and still in MNCG.

MojoRisen
12/1/2008, 11:40 AM
Figure we gain another .05 in the computers - so we would be up .065

They would need a lot of votes and their names will be on it.... I am sure someone knows the math - it clearly isn't impossible, however that would cause an uprising that may include the national guard...

50 voters maybe or maybe more...

TMcGee86
12/1/2008, 11:42 AM
I could see it if we go out and stink up the joint, say we win by a point late in the game and look like crap.

Texas handed Mizzou their *** on a platter. If we look like crap, with the constant lovefest that UT is getting this week, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them jump us in the polls.

I just dont know that its possible for them to jump us in the computers. Seems like it would be impossible if we win.

MojoRisen
12/1/2008, 11:46 AM
I am not worried about it at all- we need to go out and beat a Mizzou Team that has payback on their minds....

50 voters is a lot- considering they had their chance this week... The ones who didn't bend over for Mack/ESPN and ABC probbably will not now..

budbarrybob
12/1/2008, 11:57 AM
It's NOT like OU skated in the CCG with blind luck and close ties to the "media." More like OU EARNED it. It pisses me off that a "rebound" emotional vote is even remotely possible. But in todays day and age of a lack of responsibility or accountability for one's actions. Some may have the lack of intestinal fortitude to vote in a rational manner... That said I don't think it will happen.

IronHorseSooner
12/1/2008, 12:01 PM
I am not worried about it at all- we need to go out and beat a Mizzou Team that has payback on their minds....

50 voters is a lot- considering they had their chance this week... The ones who didn't bend over for Mack/ESPN and ABC probbably will not now..

My thoughts exactly. Also, coaches and Harris voters must make their ballots public this week. Therefore, any subterfuge by Mack supporters would be seen by the light of day. Also, consider that Coach Leach probably voted TECH higher than normal. Between us and Mack, who do you think he would choose?:D ...The voters who like us won't change, and those who like Mack are more likely to change, especially if we TCB with Mizzou like we always have. Also, I wonder if the Big XII office has called Mack and his boys telling them to keep their traps shut about this whole deal.