PDA

View Full Version : Admin, Please censure OklahomaTuba

soonernija
12/1/2008, 11:05 AM
I find his signature offensive and I am sure 60% of OUr players, who by the way are African Americans, do too. We keep screaming that African Americans should “do the right thing” and when they do—when they go to the best schools in our country (Harvard and Columbia); stay married to their first wives; love their children and immediate family members; and attain the highest office in our country, we go ahead to castigate them as interns holding their first jobs.

This is not a political board and I think it is wrong for anybody to push their ideological views on this board. I am sure a similar signature pushing misinformation about Sarah Palin will be offensive to some people on this board and would probably not be condoned.

His signature

Less than fifty years ago, African-Americans were barred from public universities, restaurants, and even drinking fountains in many parts of the country. On Tuesday we came together and transcended that shameful legacy, electing an African-American to the country's top job -- which, in fact, appears to be his first actual job.

My response

Hey Tuba: We are not interested in your political quote. This is a football board. Please take your politicking somewhere else. It's ok for you to disagree with our president-elect but it is absolutely ignorant and downright annoying for you to claim that the presidency is the first job of an 11-year University of Chicago professor (UC is much better ranked (academically) than OU, by the way), an 8-year Illinois state senator, and a 4-year US senator.

You may have issues about the fact that he is African American, but please don't tag the rest of us on this board with your ignorance by claiming that the presidency is his first job. I enjoyed my time at OU but I also know that my doctorate is less impressive because people like you keep devaluing OU and everything it stands for.

Please take this bile off OUr board.

SoonerPriv
12/1/2008, 11:09 AM
jeez dude.. chill out.. turn OFF signatures if it offends you so much.. I can't believe you made a thread about this.

85sooners
12/1/2008, 11:11 AM
:rolleyes:

OKLA21FAN
12/1/2008, 11:12 AM
and you posted this on the FOOTBALL board?

the duality of it all :gary:

1890MilesToNorman
12/1/2008, 11:12 AM
Censorship???? He has the right to have any sig he wants, don't read it if it pisses you off. Move on!

budbarrybob
12/1/2008, 11:13 AM
stupid thread...

My Opinion Matters
12/1/2008, 11:14 AM
You're obviously new. The signature is probably the least offensive thing about Tuba.

SoonerTroll
12/1/2008, 11:15 AM
:pop:

colleyvillesooner
12/1/2008, 11:15 AM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this bri is a person I don't want to be around or patronize. There are two other posters which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

Widescreen
12/1/2008, 11:26 AM
Tuba didn't even write that.

soonernija
12/1/2008, 11:30 AM
jeez dude.. chill out.. turn OFF signatures if it offends you so much.. I can't believe you made a thread about this.

I made a thread about this because it is my life. I come to this board to discuss OU football (my only link to my alma mater) and find it annoying that we condone this overt ideology-driven crap. I am an African American college professor at one of the best schools in the country. I went to OU on a full academic scholarship and find it unsettling to think that seven years from now someone could say that i have never had a "real job" because i was just a college professor.

OU football exists because of OU professors! Signature like OklahomaTuba's denigrates us!

SouthFortySooner
12/1/2008, 11:30 AM
What is this signature thing you are referrring to? Board clutterer. :cool:

Breadburner
12/1/2008, 11:34 AM
Have we not heard enough crying from Texas fans.....

tommieharris91
12/1/2008, 11:36 AM
Please move this thread to the South Oval.

soonerboomer93
12/1/2008, 11:37 AM
This will not end well...

Can you please press the pause button for atleast a couple weeks on this. We already have the entertainment from horn meltdown as it is. This promises to be atleast somewhat entertaining for a slow week.

SoonerPriv
12/1/2008, 11:41 AM
I made a thread about this because it is my life. I come to this board to discuss OU football (my only link to my alma mater) and find it annoying that we condone this overt ideology-driven crap. I am an African American college professor at one of the best schools in the country. I went to OU on a full academic scholarship and find it unsettling to think that seven years from now someone could say that i have never had a "real job" because i was just a college professor.

OU football exists because of OU professors! Signature like OklahomaTuba's denigrates us!

you made a thread having nothing to do with football on a football board? good job.. :pop: you wouldn't be one of those hoitie toitie afercan amarikin types that love to hear yourself talk would you?

HappyClappyMackBrown

Way to perpetuate the stereotype that all of us liberals are nothing more then whinny, pussified bitches who cant take a joke. I don't agree with what he says, but its a message board....just chill. We WON the election...no need to get caught up in petty fights on the internets.

A-M
You do have a good point here, but don't expect it to happen.

Sooner in Tampa
12/1/2008, 11:44 AM
You have GOT to be kidding me?????

Howzit
12/1/2008, 11:45 AM

Oh yeah? Well 'ninja' has an 'n' in the middle. You're sure not a perfessor of speeling!

Tulsa_Fireman

But...

You haven't.

HappyClappyMackBrown
Censorship? I always assumed elite college professors were against censorship and pro-first amendment.

1890MilesToNorman
12/1/2008, 11:47 AM
The biggest issue is HE IS TEACHING OUR KIDS!

South Oval please?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/1/2008, 11:49 AM
Give the guy a break. He only has 187 posts. Maybe he doesn't know all of the board nuances and culture.

C&CDean
12/1/2008, 11:49 AM
This thread cracks me up. I'll move it where it belongs, but it says so much about our world.

soonernija
12/1/2008, 11:52 AM
Oh yeah? Well 'ninja' has an 'n' in the middle. You're sure not a perfessor of speeling!

It's "nija" not "ninja". Nija = Niger, one of the longest rivers in the world.

Bosley
12/1/2008, 11:52 AM

Would it make you happy if he changed it, and chastised Bush?

I'm sure that would be just fine by you right?

:rolleyes:

soonerboomer93
12/1/2008, 11:53 AM

South Oval please?

Those who can, do:
Those who can't, teach.

;)

Half a Hundred
12/1/2008, 11:54 AM

OK, this guy still has full spek, which is very suspect. Whose troll is this?

MrJimBeam
12/1/2008, 11:55 AM
I find his signature offensive and I am sure 60% of OUr players, who by the way are African Americans, do too. We keep screaming that African Americans should “do the right thing” and when they do—when they go to the best schools in our country (Harvard and Columbia); stay married to their first wives; love their children and immediate family members; and attain the highest office in our country, we go ahead to castigate them as interns holding their first jobs.

This is not a political board and I think it is wrong for anybody to push their ideological views on this board. I am sure a similar signature pushing misinformation about Sarah Palin will be offensive to some people on this board and would probably not be condoned.

His signature

Less than fifty years ago, African-Americans were barred from public universities, restaurants, and even drinking fountains in many parts of the country. On Tuesday we came together and transcended that shameful legacy, electing an African-American to the country's top job -- which, in fact, appears to be his first actual job.

My response

Hey Tuba: We are not interested in your political quote. This is a football board. Please take your politicking somewhere else. It's ok for you to disagree with our president-elect but it is absolutely ignorant and downright annoying for you to claim that the presidency is the first job of an 11-year University of Chicago professor (UC is much better ranked (academically) than OU, by the way), an 8-year Illinois state senator, and a 4-year US senator.

You may have issues about the fact that he is African American, but please don't tag the rest of us on this board with your ignorance by claiming that the presidency is his first job. I enjoyed my time at OU but I also know that my doctorate is less impressive because people like you keep devaluing OU and everything it stands for.

Please take this bile off OUr board.

Prepare yourselfs for 4 years of junk like this.

soonernija
12/1/2008, 11:56 AM

South Oval please?

I teach your kids thermodynamics: do you want to pull him/them out of my class because i am too libruh?

1890MilesToNorman
12/1/2008, 11:58 AM
I teach your kids thermodynamics: do you want to pull him/them out of my class because i am to libruh?

Yes!

SoonerStormchaser
12/1/2008, 11:58 AM
Holee carp!

SoonerPriv
12/1/2008, 11:59 AM
OK, this guy still has full spek, which is very suspect. Whose troll is this?

what's weird is I remember it being fully red before he made the first comment about this in the other thread.

Howzit
12/1/2008, 12:00 PM
It's "nija" not "ninja". Nija = Niger, one of the longest rivers in the world.

Too bad. A ninja perfessor would be, like, uber cool. You'd probably need a doctorate in throwing those star thingys, though.

1890MilesToNorman
12/1/2008, 12:02 PM
I teach your kids thermodynamics: do you want to pull him/them out of my class because i am too libruh?

Yes! and I would demand a full refund for the class! :D

MrJimBeam
12/1/2008, 12:02 PM

I'd me more worried you'd censure my son/daughter for saying something that might offend you. Censure them with an F.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2008, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna change my name, too.

SOONERNORTHCANADIAN

Howzit's lack of a signature offends me.

HappyClappyMackBrown
12/1/2008, 12:06 PM
Thermodynamics? Sounds like some of that communist engineering talk to me.

SoonerInKCMO
12/1/2008, 12:09 PM
I can't decide if all this talk of 'censorship' annoys or amuses me. Y'all do realize that the OP wrote 'censure', right? And you do know that 'censor' and 'censure' are different words with different meanings, right?

BlondeSoonerGirl
12/1/2008, 12:10 PM
Shhh.

1890MilesToNorman
12/1/2008, 12:11 PM
I can't decide if all this talk of 'censorship' annoys or amuses me. Y'all do realize that the OP wrote 'censure', right? And you do know that 'censor' and 'censure' are different words with different meanings, right?

He is demanding to have a signature removed too,= censorship!

Howzit
12/1/2008, 12:12 PM

At first I read 'censure' and 'ensure' and thought it was lunch time.

Veritas
12/1/2008, 12:12 PM
If VH1 ran an hour long special called "20 Stupidest Non-Celebrity Threads" this would be number one.

soonernija
12/1/2008, 12:13 PM
Oh My God, SoonerInKCMO, It never occurred to me that my audience would think censure = censor. That explains it.

Yep, it's a football board.

Veritas
12/1/2008, 12:13 PM
Oh and also:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7029/superretardlq9.jpg

Monster Zero
12/1/2008, 12:15 PM
In other words take away his right to say what he has to say.

More evidence that in the years ahead, political dissent will only be allowed when it comes from the left.

HappyClappyMackBrown
12/1/2008, 12:16 PM

I went to OU... so the answer to your question is no...

A public reprimand would be funny though.

1890MilesToNorman
12/1/2008, 12:20 PM
Johnny come lately, this started in another thread and in post #1 of this thread he refers to Tuba's signature as bile and wants it removed. Keep up boys!!!

Veritas
Oh My God, SoonerInKCMO, It never occurred to me that my audience would think censure = censor. That explains it.

Wow, and here I was thinking the most professors were pretentious asses. You're really bending my mind by undermining conventional wisdom.

SelmaBamaFan
"What do you mean YOU PEOPLE?!?!"

"What do YOU mean YOU PEOPLE?!?!"

SoonerPriv
12/1/2008, 12:21 PM

my count has a grand total of ONE person saying 'censor'. besides technically that's what you want done anyway. i'm sad that we will now have to put up with type of crap for the next 4-8 years.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2008, 12:22 PM
I'M A COLLEGE PROFESSOR!

I HAVE A REAL JOB!

I'M 40!

HappyClappyMackBrown
12/1/2008, 12:25 PM
Successful Troll is Successful?

SoonerInKCMO
12/1/2008, 12:26 PM
He is demanding to have a signature removed too,= censorship!

If you're referring to his "Please take this bile off OUr board." statement at the end of the original post, that appears to be directed to Tuba himself and not to the HMFIC. <> censorship.

Veritas
12/1/2008, 12:29 PM
If you're referring to his "Please take this bile off OUr board." statement at the end of the original post, that appears to be directed to Tuba himself and not to the HMFIC. <> censorship.
Don't make me censure you for using '<>'. '!=' > '<>'. IMO.

:texan: ;)

SoonerInKCMO
12/1/2008, 12:32 PM
Heh. :D

Hot Rod
12/1/2008, 12:36 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/JohnathanZX4/Screencaps%20et%20al/Brick.jpg

Howzit
12/1/2008, 12:37 PM

Huh, I had you pegged for a scorpio.

soonerboomer93
12/1/2008, 12:44 PM

I vote we censore him by taking away his ten year

who's wit me?

soonerboomer93
12/1/2008, 12:46 PM
Too bad. A ninja perfessor would be, like, uber cool. You'd probably need a doctorate in throwing those star thingys, though.

I think my physics professor was a ninja

you'd be watching him up at the lecturn, and all the sudden, bam he was right next to you asking a question

SouthFortySooner
12/1/2008, 12:50 PM
This OUGHT to be a poll. Which is more entertaining Horn or Perfessor meltdown!

soonerboomer93
12/1/2008, 12:56 PM
This OUGHT to be a poll. Which is more entertaining Horn or Perfessor meltdown!

no contest

as much as we're sharks in the water when we smell one of our own about to meltdown

watching the entire, uppity, self entitled horn fan base melting down is priceless

snp
12/1/2008, 01:37 PM
The only thing worse than signatures is the people who write their name under their post.

I have signatures turned off because I have the amazing ability to read the person's name next to the post, I don't need you signing your post.

Admin, please censure whoever writes in their name after their post.

VeeJay
12/1/2008, 01:41 PM
Way to perpetuate the stereotype that all of us liberals are nothing more then whinny, pussified bitches who cant take a joke. I don't agree with what he says, but its a message board....just chill. We WON the election...no need to get caught up in petty fights on the internets.

What'd you win? That's what I don't really, truly understand - how people can get so worked up over one party "winning" the election. Unless you're Mr. or Mrs. Obama or one of the kids, your life is probably not going to improve that much over the next four or eight years. I'm thinking of the lady who claimed a vote for Obama would mean he'd pay her mortgage and fill up her gas tank. People can be funny sometimes in that regard.

bonkuba
12/1/2008, 01:41 PM
This thread did me a lot of good.......needed the laugh.

But seriously, this is the stupidest thread I have read in a while (and that is saying something). :D

OKLA21FAN
12/1/2008, 01:42 PM
"What do you mean YOU PEOPLE?!?!"

"What do YOU mean YOU PEOPLE?!?!"
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/charaktere-token.jpg

SoonerStormchaser
12/1/2008, 01:51 PM
Where's Olevet and his posse when you need em?

olevetonahill
12/1/2008, 02:00 PM
Where's Olevet and his posse when you need em?

You the Leader, get er done Frag .

SoonerStormchaser
12/1/2008, 02:02 PM
But you're good at leading the charge with your massive hammer.

1890MilesToNorman
12/1/2008, 02:06 PM
You the Leader, get er done Frag .

I was in here earlier slinging dung but they just ate it. When i saw that I knew it was time for me to leave. :rolleyes:

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2008, 02:10 PM
But you're good at leading the charge with your massive hammer.

That sounded pretty gay.

Massive hammer.

You're scaring me, SSC. :D

olevetonahill
12/1/2008, 02:14 PM
That sounded pretty gay.

Massive hammer.

You're scaring me, SSC. :D

His Wife Admires It also .:hot:

8timechamps
12/1/2008, 02:16 PM
WAIT A DAMN MINUTE!!!

Something about the original thread denotes that this is, in fact, NOT A TROLL.

The clever use of "O" and "U" in the word "our" (i.e. OUr) speaks volumes about this mystery poster.

I'll continue my research and let you know what I uncover. Back to the Soonerfans.com crime lab...

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2008, 02:18 PM
Why Vet, your massive hammer, it's so... MASSIVE.

bwahahahahahaha

Tulsa_Fireman
12/1/2008, 02:19 PM
http://www.hammermuseum.org/images/big_hammer.jpg

Veritas
12/1/2008, 02:32 PM
I'll continue my research and let you know what I uncover. Back to the Soonerfans.com crime lab...
Ooh, do you have improbably hot assistants dripping colored liquids into beakers with pipettes to Crystal Methodish beats?

8timechamps
12/1/2008, 02:34 PM
Ooh, do you have improbably hot assistants dripping colored liquids into beakers with pipettes to Crystal Methodish beats?

No, but I have a monkey that will dance for a quarter.

Frozen Sooner
12/1/2008, 02:43 PM
Count yourself lucky if that's the dumbest thing you ever read in a Tuba post.

The guy has a right to an opinion, even if it is wrong.

BigRedJed
12/1/2008, 06:47 PM
I just wanted to post in this thread before it gets... ...damn.