PDA

View Full Version : I love how...

noobalicious
12/1/2008, 10:43 AM
...running the ball up the middle on a draw play has suddenly become "running up the score". But that's what you'd guess Bob was intending to do if you listened to whorn fans.

I'm sorry, but if you run the ball straight up the middle and they leave you a gaping hole what else are you supposed to do? Fall down? This is football. That would be idiotic.

And against Tech? We scored once a minute into the 4th quarter and then didn't score again. We were running up and down them. We could have scored 90 if we wanted to. That's not running up the score. What else is Bob supposed to do? Call the game at halftime? Attitudes like that are what hurt us in the RRS!!!!!!! Our guys were winded late in the game.

Nevertheless, throw all that aside. Take this comment from a texas fan at whornfans:

Abso [censored] lutely!! Are you for real? That cross eyed [censored] you call a quarterback was still in the game AND throwing deep late in the game once it was already in hand and decided. That is the definition of running up the score.

So was it running up the score against Mizzou when John Chiles threw a 51 yard TD pass with 5:03 left in the game and it being a 4-possession game?

Please someone who is a member there, post that on the "Don't hate the player, hate the game" thread.

Hot Rod
12/1/2008, 10:46 AM
No one's fault but the defense's!

Everytime that we've led in the 4th quarter (even when Halzle is at QB), we have run the ball, EXCEPT on 3rd and longs just to keep the clock rolling. And those defenses stopping us to cause 3rd and long, did their job.

OSU defense should've realized this. It's their fault...wait, maybe Brown should've fell at the one.

Breadburner
12/1/2008, 10:50 AM
Gundy should not have called a timeout.....

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2008, 10:55 AM
Gundy should not have called a timeout.....

Bingo! and he had another timeout to use. How can it be called running up the score when the game is decided late in the 4th? That last score was just a trivial artifact of how things played out.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/1/2008, 10:59 AM
well, he could've taken a knee.

not that I disagree with the call, but just sayin