PDA

View Full Version : Blake Gideon

The Maestro
12/1/2008, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know if there is a still picture of the moment that ball was in his hands before he dropped it? I have a few Texas relatives I would like to send that to.

Big time game...championship moment...and he dropped it. That is why Texas is packing for Glendale and awaiting that most anticipated of matchups with Utah this morning!

kangsta
12/1/2008, 10:31 AM
feel so bad for the kid. And no, the reason we lost is bc Tech beat our asses the first half.

After watching OU destroy them and Baylor hang with them i couldn't believe Texas lost to them. No excuse

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2008, 10:33 AM
feel so bad for the kid. And no, the reason we lost is bc Tech beat our asses the first half.

After watching OU destroy them and Baylor hang with them i couldn't believe Texas lost to them. No excuse

Don't be that way - you'll ruin it for us. ;)

sooner518
12/1/2008, 10:43 AM
I kinda feel bad for the guy as well. But my pain is dulled by the fact we'll be in Kansas City on Saturday :D

A-M
12/1/2008, 11:19 AM

I can't believe that you said this. Why are you looking at reality like this when the other Texas fans are not? I could almost like you for seeing things for what they really are. You may be a good guy after all.:D

ouwasp
12/1/2008, 11:21 AM
hey, I remember a pic in the Tulsa World back in '78... Billy Sims was walking off the field in Lincoln. His fumble had just cost OU a probable nat'l title...

Anhow, a couple of kids that had to be about my age (15 at the time) were smirking/gloating at Billy. It burned into my memory.

Let's not be like those kids. I mean, if Gideon were some punk that hit the bong or slapped women around, it would be great to pile on him. But he's probably just a regular college kid that blew a play...

Blitzkrieg
12/1/2008, 04:23 PM
Blake Gideon

Boomer38Sooner
12/1/2008, 04:43 PM
HAHA!!!! Very true. I bet he is kicking himself right now!!!!!!!

Dan Thompson
12/1/2008, 05:05 PM
Is he the DB for Texas that drop the interception in the UT - TT game?

oumartin
12/1/2008, 05:12 PM
yes, that is him..

Bob should order him a ring if OU wins the big 12 championship and or the National championship..

sooner59
12/1/2008, 06:41 PM
I kinda want to send him an OU Christmas card.

SoonerDood
12/1/2008, 06:48 PM
Nathan Vasher finally has a successor.

picasso
12/1/2008, 06:51 PM
hey that's life. what if Roy Williams jumps a split second later on that Fields floater against Poker State in '01?
go back and watch the '05 Rose Bowl, USC nickleback knocks the effin ball down on the final Tejas drive on the sidelines. catch the ball ya dork.

SouthFortySooner
12/1/2008, 07:07 PM
HE'S A FRESHMEN HE'S NOT A MAN! [hairGel]

JLEW1818
12/1/2008, 07:12 PM
Anybody got a Vasher video of it ?

soonerfan28
12/1/2008, 08:00 PM
He's not the MVP he's just the biggest dumbass on a team full of dumbasses.

SoonerStormchaser
12/1/2008, 08:06 PM
Mentioning of the original moron...with a special cameo appearance by Superman:
hyOJZqPBByY

cvsooner
12/1/2008, 08:08 PM
That's just infernal mean. Funny, but mean.

Rhino
12/1/2008, 11:43 PM
My in-laws live in Leander, where Gideon is from. They say he's an absolutely fantastic kid and was a great role model for young kids in Leander while he was there.

For any other horn, I'd maybe rag on. But for a good kid that is playing lights out as a true frosh, I'd rather not.

westcoast_sooner
12/2/2008, 12:40 AM
Really just goes to show how slim the margin is between victory and defeat. With Gideon's drop, there likely went their National Championship hopes for this year.

A Sooner in Texas
12/2/2008, 12:52 AM
Poor guy. He no doubt feels absolutely horrible, and hopefully he's not getting any heat from whorn fans who blame him. We shouldn't pile on him. Imagine if the tables were turned and whorns were ragging on one of our guys.

Cappy
12/2/2008, 04:51 AM
You could just send them this link... http://emooranges.ytmnd.com/

No need to pile on Gideon, couldn't imagine going through what he is...

PujolsFan
12/2/2008, 08:21 AM
I'm REALLY glad he dropped the interception.... but the way people rag on a player for missing ONE play when there are 60 minutes of football just rags on me.

Sure, he could have ended the game had he made the catch, but he didn't... and had TT not been whipping the field w/ Uterus the first 3 quarters then perhaps his miss would have just been forgotten... or had someone actually tackled Crabtree before he crossed the goal line, etc... could go on.

BTW, Thanks Gideon for loosing the game for Uterus and opening the door for the Sooners :D

GrapevineSooner
12/2/2008, 08:45 AM
I think I'll pass on the piling on.

Afterall, these are still kids and this is something, fairly or unfairly, that Gideon's going to have to live with the rest of his life. Fortunately, great kids normally have a great support structure.

FirstandGoal
12/2/2008, 09:18 AM
I will pass as well.

I think its horrible to draw attention to one player when the entire team failed to win.

I say let's leave Gideon alone and celebrate our good fortune without running somebody else down in the process.

sooneron
12/2/2008, 09:28 AM
I will pass as well.

I think its horrible to draw attention to one player when the entire team failed to win.

Kinda like M Bradley, huh?

The Maestro
12/2/2008, 10:08 AM
If you can't stand the heat, join the drill team.

I still want to know if there is a picture of it. I doubt Blake Gideon is perusing soonerfans.com wondering if we are "piling on".