PDA

View Full Version : Thank Goodness...

SpiderInMyPeanuts
12/1/2008, 09:58 AM
the computers don't listen to Lee, Kirk and ESPN

Could someone please post a link to the breakdown of the Harris Poll by individual pollster.

cheezyq
12/1/2008, 11:06 AM
the computers don't listen to Lee, Kirk and ESPN

Could someone please post a link to the breakdown of the Harris Poll by individual pollster.

That won't happen until next week. So, we can't tell which morons decided that 39-33 didn't matter and decided that the Big 12 was apparently only a 2-way tie.

Literally the entire nation of media has exposed themselves as self-serving morons. Their arguments are so mind-blowingly stupid. Are we really to think that if OU only won by, say, 14 points, that suddenly OU has a better case for winning the Big 12 championship than winning by 44? Seriously?

They listen to Mack Brown, who in one breath says that the BCS as a selector is a terrible idea, except if it were to benefit his team by throwing Texas Tech out of the equation? THAT'S LOGICAL?

Hell, let's throw the BCS out of the equation and choose other logical selectors, like point differential between common opponents, or overall schedule, or anything else. OU STILL wins.

Then these morons in the media have the audacity to say that the computers got it wrong because they don't take into account the "head-to-head" argument. That's right! They don't, because it doesn't ****ing matter.

Up until now, I imagined that there were some actual intelligent journalists out there in the world. I figured that most had an agenda, but there were some decent journalists who merely reported news, rather than try to MAKE the news. Unfortunately, I was completely incorrect.