PDA

View Full Version : They all hate the computers...

stoops the eternal pimp
12/1/2008, 09:58 AM
because the computers are not persuaded by media BS and coach whining.

Computers do not drop a team after they beat number 11 at their house by 20 points. Computers weren't listening to Mack Brown cry during a game not involving his team. They didn't care about an airplane flying around.

Its good to have at least one part of the configuration to not be influenced by outside sources other than the games on the field.

bri
12/1/2008, 10:05 AM
Innit, though?

I'm sure gonna miss the computers when they're removed entirely next season. :D

Pricetag
12/1/2008, 10:07 AM
It is very amusing that the computers were put in to offset human bias, but that every time they have said something that someone didn't want to hear, there has been a tremendous uproar and they have been lobotomized. I still say the 2003 BCS was the best. I wonder how Texas would have finished had that quality win component still been there?

ESPN's bias was ridiculously obvious during Texas and A&M. The entire broadcast was an argument for Texas. They could have spent the whole time talking about how Texas beat us, but instead, they spent the time doing things like insinuating that we're running up the score late, and trying to make a home win over A&M equal to a home win over Tech. Pathetic.

boomersooner28
12/1/2008, 10:08 AM
Texas sure coulda used Ohio State on their schedule this year. :D

boomermagic
12/1/2008, 10:09 AM
Step, Are ya going to KC ?

boomersooner28
12/1/2008, 10:11 AM
I'm sure gonna miss the computers when they're removed entirely next season.

If/when they do remove the computers, we are screwed! We will never finish in the top 20 of the BCS....even if we are undefeated! :) :mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
12/1/2008, 10:17 AM
Step, Are ya going to KC ?

Nope....I have a great seat at my house that I don't wanna give up:D

A-M
12/1/2008, 10:25 AM
ESPN's bias was ridiculously obvious during Texas and A&M. The entire broadcast was an argument for Texas. They could have spent the whole time talking about how Texas beat us, but instead, they spent the time doing things like insinuating that we're running up the score late, and trying to make a home win over A&M equal to a home win over Tech. Pathetic.

Personally, I thought that Kirk from ESPN was extremely bias during our game with OSU! I watched the ESPN late show after our game and they spent most of the time explaning why Texas should be ranked higher then us. Then again Sunday after the BCS came out, most of what they talked about was how it was all wrong and that Texas should be going to the Big 12 CCG and not OU. At least the computers got it rignt and the people didn't this time!

Widescreen
12/1/2008, 10:29 AM
It's IN the computer.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_P4YsIFtl9TI/SKWbUSWjw_I/AAAAAAAAAAM/E655MKmO0r4/s320/Zoolander.png

boomermagic
12/1/2008, 10:33 AM
Nope....I have a great seat at my house that I don't wanna give up:D

Ok, I've got some extra tickets at cost..

stoops the eternal pimp
12/1/2008, 10:36 AM
pm sent

OKLA21FAN
12/1/2008, 10:41 AM
shall we play a game?
http://www.tml.tkk.fi/~mlaakso/Semi/wopr.jpg

sooner518
12/1/2008, 10:51 AM
Who else hopes that when the Big 12 tiebreaker is changed this offseason, that is ends up biting Texas in the *** some way over the upcoming seasons. That would be perfect irony to their bitchin